Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. (1853 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2016
Can someone please explain the 'ascension'? What exactly 'happened' there?

Are you Christians really telling us that this person was standing somewhere, discussing with his friends, and then all of a sudden began rising up into the sky? And disappeared into the clouds?

Really?

One more thing. Is heaven up in the sky, as a physical place, or is it a spiritual location?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Juxtified(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2016
Nobody has any obligation to explain anything to you. Face your belief (or lack of it as you deem fit) and let others face theirs.

NB: You may quote me if you wish, but I won't respond again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2016
All is a myth

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Juxtified:
Nobody has any obligation to explain anything to you. Face your belief (or lack of it as you deem fit) and let others face theirs.

Hmmm....Not the friendliest response. I wonder why..
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2016
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Ranchhoddas: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
Juxtified:

In other words, you have nothing sensible to say.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
The silence is deafening....
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Strange indeed...I would have thought the numerous Christ warriors on NL would storm this thread, looking to set things straight. Instead, a stony silence... Are they embarrassed by the comical nature of what they believe?
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
First, may Christ forgive your blasphemy.

Next, do you feel your brain, liver, kidney or capillaries?
But are they there? Of course!

Again, have you ever seen an atom?
Even large protein molecules are invisible,
Yet we believe they exist, not just as fables,
But as near-realities, and by them we make predictions which work for us!

But Christ Whose presence is more real than atoms, who work miracles among us, you want us not to believe

Must everything be literal?
The man who discovered the shape of benzene molecules dreamt of snakes dancing in circles, waking up, he opined that benzene molecules are ring-shaped; and it's still accepted till today.

If you know science, you'd hardly ever oppose God because His ways are explained by science, and not the other way round.

Christ is not just in heaven where He conceals His glory which is too dangerous for mortal gazing,
He's right there where you are.

If you sincerely seek Him, He'll reveal Himself to you.
Give it a try.

I have felt Jesus.

THE ONLY SINGLE REASON MY FAITH CANNOT BE DESTROYED TILL I DIE

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by lepasharon(f): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rossikki:

Are you Christians really telling us that this person was standing somewhere, discussing with his friends, and then all of a sudden began rising up into the sky? And disappeared into the clouds?

Really?

One more thing. Is heaven up in the sky, as a physical place, or is it a spiritual location?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by joe4christ(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
I suspect he probably is of alien descent...
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by joe4christ(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

But Christ Whose presence is more real than atoms, who work miracles among us, you want us not to believe

The man who discovered the shape of benzene molecules dreamt of snakes dancing in circles, waking up, he opined that benzene molecules are ring-shaped; and it's still accepted till today.

If you know science, you'd hardly ever oppose God because His ways are explained by science, and not the other way round.

Christ is not just in heaven where He conceals His glory which is too dangerous for mortal gazing,

Give it a try.

I have felt Jesus.

If the miracle of Jesus are real as the new generation church wants us to believe, and provable same way scientific theories are provable upon been tested. I would have still been a Christian and even probably be preaching the Gospel now. But, it's not consistent, and if u insist it is, then let them go to the street, there are lots of cripple on the streets and lots of mentally unstable people out there, let this cone actors aka pastors and prophets with their healing anointing go and demonstrate the power of God, sit back and watch how many converts you would be getting on a daily basis.
You expect a reasonable fellow like me to swallow all these staged miracle we see on the tv sets and crusade as real? I'm too rational for that, if these miracles you claim are real, then the society will be better off, we won't be needing psychiatric services and even doctors cos even the unbelievers will be trooping to the church for their deliverance. But it's not so cos it's just hoax

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by joe4christ(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

Give it a try.

I have felt Jesus.

At the bolded. Chai, bros u can lie for Africa sha.
when it's a known fact that 90% or more of inventors and great scientists who left a footprint in the world of science and technology are mostly atheist or freethinkers, even the few who still held on the their religious inclination, they aren't even religious, they probably were still holding on to it due to their loved ones, or for reasons best known to them which believe must have been of interest to them. So, desist from these lies jare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by joe4christ(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

Give it a try.

I have felt Jesus.

Another big lie @the bolder... Bros, probably u think most atheist u see today never had a strong religious background or we're never truly rooted in the Christian faith before they denounced the faith and became atheist, the truth is, most are even more knowledgeable of the Scripture than u are, some were even preachers of the Gospel before the left the faith, so do u still think u know better
Probably u thought it was easy for them initially when they we're struggling with their belief system which they held dear to from childhood, or was it easy for them to have left their faith, bros, have a rethink. It wasn't easy, most prayed and fasted. Me for instance did a good 4days for 4night dry fast without food nor water, seeking the face of the Christian God to help me less I loose my faith, I was desperately seeking him to reveal his glory so I don't get swept away by the rational part of me that was beckoning, that was making me question all forms of indoctrinations I was fed with from childhood. I know what I passed through, but yet no answer from him, I gave him time to price himself as I read he does in the old as recorded in the Bible. But, fa fa faul grin
So, I become convinced without any iota of doubt that religion is a hoax and a man made tool devices by some individuals to control their subjects, my insight became so broad that I could see religion clearly for what it really is. So, you tell me why your god didn't reveal himself to me or many others like me, but failed, probably he doesn't like our faces, same way he loved Jacob but hated Eseau I guess... grin

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by joe4christ(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

Give it a try.

I have felt Jesus.

Sincerely, the bolded makes me wanna question your sanity. Pls I'd advice your go for psychological evaluation
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by UyiIredia(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rossikki:

Really?

Thanks.

Heaven is a spiritual location. You should know this.
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
UyiIredia:

Heaven is a spiritual location. You should know this.
Actually, I DO know this. I just wanted to confirm that christians think it is somewhere up in the sky you can just fly to, like Superman. Which is what their bible says.
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

Give it a try.

I have felt Jesus.

So, can you explain the process by which he took off?
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
In other words, you have nothing sensible to say.

My brotha, help me ask am o
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
joe4christ:

Sincerely, the bolded makes me wanna question your sanity. Pls I'd advice your go for psychological evaluation

Hahaha.

If I reply you, then know that I'm not of Christ.

We know the devil has reps on Nairaland,
But don't push your luck too far:

CHRIST MIGHT KILL YOU.
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
joe4christ:

Hahaha.

If I reply you, then know that I'm not of Christ.

We know the devil has reps on Naira land,
But don't push your luck too far:

CHRIST MIGHT KILL YOU.
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rossikki:
So, can you explain the process by which he took off?

God upholds all things by the word of His power.

The Father who created all things by His word willed that His Son ascended by the same word..
The eternal power residual in God's word brought it to pass!

But scientifically, I can prove it this way:

It's well known that all things that have mass have also a force field/gravity.

Then if God, Who's mightier than the earth and more substantial than it - for He created it out of nothing - exerted His force in His son, could He not have lifted Him to the highest height?

If you know the attributes of God, you can easily explain His behaviour by natural phenomena that reveal him.
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by realmindz: 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

Even kingebukasblog will be disappointed with this your argument, he will be like oh God, not this!!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

God upholds all things by the word of His power.

The Father who created all things by His word willed that His Son ascended by the same word..
The eternal power residual in God's word brought it to pass!

But scientifically, I can prove it this way:

It's well known that all things that have mass have also a force field/gravity.

Then if God, Who's mightier than the earth and more substantial than it - for He created it out of nothing - exerted His force in His son, could He not have lifted Him to the highest height?

If you know the attributes of God, you can easily explain His behaviour by natural phenomena that reveal him.

Are you saying that heaven is a physical place up in the sky that one can fly to?
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rossikki:

Are you saying that heaven is a physical place up in the sky that one can fly to?

Yeah.

As radio waves are also functionally physical but are immaterial
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

Even kingebukasblog will be disappointed with this your argument, he will be like oh God, not this!!

I'm not inferior to a anyone but God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
flamingREED:

Yeah.

As radio waves are also functionally physical but are immaterial

But 'Jesus' was not a radio wave. And a radio wave is not physical.

Something cannot be immaterial and physical (ie solid) at the same time. It's either one or the other.

I can understand why you are trying to make it seem the same - to solve the problem of explaining the bible's comical claims of a physical being flying into heaven, a spiritual location.
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 4:43am On Jul 04, 2016
Rossikki:

But 'Jesus' was not a radio wave. And a radio wave is not physical.

Something cannot be immaterial and physical (ie solid) at the same time. It's either one or the other.

I can understand why you are trying to make it seem the same - to solve the problem of explaining the bible's comical claims of a physical being flying into heaven, a spiritual location.

Hahaha.

If Jesus does not behave like waves, then I can't explain His ability to pass through the walls of a locked room to where His disciples were!

No physical thing can do that!

But energetic waves can, so also radio waves. As a result, you can use ICT even in a locked prison!

Jesus is God-man as the scriptures affirm.

Like electrons' He's just anywhere with high probability (though certainty) of being found around the saint than around the sinner.

As a man, He can choose to materialize, and as God he had better behave like a wave..
Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:20am On Jul 04, 2016
Rossikki:
Strange indeed...I would have thought the numerous Christ warriors on NL would storm this thread, looking to set things straight. Instead, a stony silence... Are they embarrassed by the comical nature of what they believe?

I should explain it to you because I was there as a witness or what ? Aint you embarrassed by the 'comical nature' of once being a fish ?

Anyway , Christ ascending into heaven - he went into it through heaven's portal . That's the same portal or so the people of the Tower of Babel tried to access . Christ , a supernatural being , had the power to defy gravity and move into it - ascension - while man needed a tower to access it since there were no aircraft .

The whole event involved the supernatural and is accepted as true by faith . The same way you accept that man evolved from fish by faith .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I should explain it to you because I was there as a witness or what ? Aint you embarrassed by the 'comical nature' of once being a fish ?

Anyway , Christ ascending into heaven - he went into it through heaven's portal . That's the same portal or so the people of the Tower of Babel tried to access . Christ , a supernatural being , had the power to defy gravity and move into it - ascension - while man needed a tower to access it since there were no aircraft .

The whole event involved the supernatural and is accepted as true by faith . The same way you accept that man evolved from fish by faith .
What a load of horse manure. What 'portal' are you yammering about? Is heaven a physical location that a flesh and blood being can visit or enter through a 'portal'? If that is what you are saying, you're just as comical and insane as your bible stories. Somebody needs to drum it into your thick skull that the spirit world cannot be reached in a physical body. Olodo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by Rossikki: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
flamingREED:

Hahaha.

If Jesus does not behave like waves, then I can't explain His ability to pass through the walls of a locked room to where His disciples were!

No physical thing can do that!

But energetic waves can, so also radio waves. As a result, you can use ICT even in a locked prison!

Jesus is God-man as the scriptures affirm.

Like electrons' He's just anywhere with high probability (though certainty) of being found around the saint than around the sinner.

As a man, He can choose to materialize, and as God he had better behave like a wave..
Superstitious gobbledygook. A physical being cannot be both solid and immaterial at the same time. Just as water cannot be hot and cold at the same time. That a grown man like you believe somebody walked through walls is quite lamentable. Funnily enough, if an African religion had proclaimed such beliefs, you would instantly condemn it as backward and superstitious, yet here you are...

1 Like

Re: Christians, Please Explain The 'Ascension Of Jesus'. by flamingREED(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
Rossikki:
Superstitious gobbledygook. A physical being cannot be both solid and immaterial at the same time. Just as water cannot be hot and cold at the same time. That a grown man like you believe somebody walked through walls is quite lamentable. Funnily enough, if an African religion had proclaimed such beliefs, you would instantly condemn it as backward and superstitious, yet here you are...

I've said it.

No atheist can swallow my faith with gainsaying.

I'll continue to use science and prove to you how God behaves.

When salt dissolves in distilled water is it still material? But is it not physical or at least perceptible?

How about heat?

Is heat material? But is it not physical or at least perceptible?

So is Christ, He's not an abstract idea but we've felt Him again and again even if He's not material all those times.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Predictions Of 2017 End Time Events / How UK Professor Arthur Allison Got Converted To Islam / How To Stop Fornication in your relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.