Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! (5359 Views)

10 Golden Rules In Safety To Work Successfully In Construction And Oil And Gas / How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria / Oil Companies/Banks Starting Salaries (Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! by DisGuy: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
When the banks were being consoludated didnt tehy have mass entrenchment as well?
naija people sef, seems we think recession and change not something that happens africa

Hopefully they will use the skills and money saved they gathered in these sectors to start elsewhere

I think when the banks come back they will probably first in line for vacancies seeing as they have experience
Re: Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! by FFA: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
IIn as much as I have no qualms with Sanusi over his recent actions, I think many people will prolly see why Soludo acted the way he did. With the recent 'sanitisation' like the report as said, loads MAY lose their jobs and we end up with thousands of previously employed people becoming sudenly unemployed. Add that to the thousands that come out of Universities every year and you will understand what shocks this will do to the economy.

My personal opinion is Sanusi should have thread more carefully and looked at the short term effects of his actions before embarking on such drastic steps. A warning to Bank chiefs and debtors to repay their loans may not yeild 100% result but would have helped. The truth is Nigeria today is not a sane environment. Therefore if one must be careful about the chain reactions that will follow every action.

I wish Sanusi well as long as his intentions are pure and I strongly believe that out of all these rubble and madness, a New Nigeria will emerge.(POSTED BY PROUDLY NAIJA)

I FEEL YOU, THATS PURELY THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER.
Re: Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! by Beaf: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
Sanusi employed agbero tactics and has produced agbero results. What do you expect from an agbero?
Re: Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
no mind the man. if dem leave am things go spoil for him hands o! grin
Re: Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! by IGWEUSA(m): 6:49am On Sep 09, 2009
please you guys should allow Lamido Sanusi to implement his Sanuconomics theory, afterall the discipline called economics is dependent
on the trial and error of differrent theories, lipsrsealed

At least we can see that the curr ent world recession have thrown most of the prominent economists into a state of disarray: thats why most of
them are proposing differrent theories day after day. Economics is not Engineering.
Re: Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! by GeorgeD1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
you mean we should allow him to finish his destruction before we begin to
challenge him? wouldn't all the banks have sacked all their staff and closed
down by then? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Important Skills You Need To Learn To Be Successful In Your Career / What A Typical Nigerian Boss Is Like / Maritime Workers To Shut Seaports Over Saipem’s N10bn Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.