Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? (3678 Views)

Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Oyibo Woman Enjoying Her Trip To Abakaliki With Her Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by gidjah(m): 3:54am On Jul 04, 2016
so you pray kabashing in jesusu name and he responds by praying through holy mary, the father and he holy ghost abi!and you say you both are truely united!you must bekidding, a HOUSE SPIRITUALLY STANDING AGAINST ITS SELF WONT GO FAR O!
BumbleBee2ice:
We do our bedtime prayers 2geda still
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2016
We pray in d same tongue (d Pentecostal) bcs we both understand dat well enough.

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2016
We pray 2geda in d same tongue (d Pentecostal), @least we both understand dat well enof.
So i see no spiritual division in my home.

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by bukatyne(f): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
Hmmm, if i say i avnt bin tempted b4 to go sneaking in on him to see who he picks up on his way back home i would be lying. bt do i really need dat?

Madam, there are unresolved issues bothering you underneath if you are wondering who your husband picks up after service. Do you also wonder what he does at work? Who he laughs with? etc.

@Separate churches; you claim you both are fine with it so what is bothering you? Why don't you discuss with your husband if you feel there are issues?

3 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2016
Op, I understand where u are coming from, but it's also better to attend the same church with your husband only on Sunday's.. It creates peace and unity in the home. While during the week, u can go for weekly service in Yur church, for intense prayers.. Cause we all need prayers to help sustain our lives, homes and buisnes..
Have a good relationship with the prayer warriors and Pastor in Yur church so u can be able to reach them anytime, any day incase of emergency.
But go with Yur husband to his own church every Sunday, it's very essential.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Thnks i really apprec8 ur comment, i might av to reconsider afterall
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
My hubby was born a Roman Catholic while i was a Penticostal (i attend CAC nw).
When we initially got married we were both attending his church, bt after i gave birth to my baby i stopped goin wit him to his church nd he raised no qualms bcs i believ i gave him tenable reasons 4 stopping, one of d reason is: i need a church dat prayer well, nd knowing where i was coming from he didn't dispute.
Tho his mom wasn't really ok wit d idea of us attending diff churches bt considering she hersef not bin of d catholic faith, she let it rest.
D interesting thing is tho we attend diff churches on Sundays, we both attend every Tuesday morning service of my church.

Pple feel we r not doing d right thing as a couple bt pls are they right Share ur views pls
Good day ma, I am Catholic and I want to tell you the truth today, we pray very well. All you need is faith, in fact the highest form of prayer is the holy mass and we all have different prayer sections in the church if you need the prayer society that prays the way CAC prays then join CCRN which is Catholic Charismatic Renewal of Nigeria in your husband's parish. In fact in my parish, we just ended a three day program yesterday that started with a vigil on Friday and it was glorious, it was anchored by a priest name Fr. Cyriacus he is a charismatic priest, he was giving visions by calling out names to give the visions and also calling out car plate numbers to avert accident, and these people were in the church and they have never had an encounter with the priest. even at a point he wanted to bless those looking up to God for fruit of the womb he said God asked him to use a particular baby in church to bless them he called a car plate number saying that car brought the baby to church and Lo and behold that car belonged to a woman with a small baby and the baby was placed at the altar to bless them and you needed to see the miracles happening. Why am I saying all these in essence? it's just to tell you that the Catholic Church is not what you people call it. We pray a lot, it depends on you. You can visit the blessed sacrament and pray, there's a blessing in visiting the adoration chapel which was evident at the vigil, Cos one of the people saved from untimely death from car accident was a frequent visitor of the blessed sacrament. You don't need to shout till your prayer is answered but if you really have to do join charismatic in your hubby's parish.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by DrSexMata(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
We pray in d same tongue (d Pentecostal) bcs we both understand dat well enough.

hi, i didnt get your mail... saw the notifications though, i will PM you.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Katier00(f): 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
My hubby was born a Roman Catholic while i was a Penticostal (i attend CAC nw).
When we initially got married we were both attending his church, bt after i gave birth to my baby i stopped goin wit him to his church nd he raised no qualms bcs i believ i gave him tenable reasons 4 stopping, one of d reason is: i need a church dat prayer well, nd knowing where i was coming from he didn't dispute.
Tho his mom wasn't really ok wit d idea of us attending diff churches bt considering she hersef not bin of d catholic faith, she let it rest.
D interesting thing is tho we attend diff churches on Sundays, we both attend every Tuesday morning service of my church.

Pple feel we r not doing d right thing as a couple bt pls are they right Share ur views pls
my husband and I attend different churches, reason because all of a sudden that Catholic church we were both raised and married in became darkness to him. he left for choosen then living faith and now redeemed. I personally can't deal with that. I am a Catholic and will die as one. so he can go to any church but don't just drag me into it

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
If it works for you both go right ahead. A nairalander (siena i think) mentioned once that he and his wife attend diff churches...and he was okay with it. Don't know if its still happening but people called him weak.i call him a man that chooses his battle wisely. There are biggger issues to deal with in marriage and believe me attending diff churches shouldn't be one of em

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by WorldRichest: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
crackhaus:
Just wait small, a certain group of 'happily married women' will soon be here to advise you to keep attending separate churches because it doesn't matter...or better still, your husband must join you in attending yours.
Be weary of this group, some of us have juice on their real story! gringrin

My view:
Madam I beg you, attend church with your husband. Simple!

What will happen if she is married to a Muslim?

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Thnks, wasn't aware of dis bcs i only see my hubby making jst d Sunday morng service nd non other, i guess he too doesn't really knw much abt d Bolded..
Will make enquiries tho
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by MmmS(f): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
We do our bedtime prayers 2geda still
if its working for you leave it that way. What matters is that you both worship God in spirit and truth.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Sammyblaq(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2016
Op ur reasons are Pentecostal background, timing...
U met him a Roman and you were aware. I don't think going to separate churches is the best.
Take it to the future. U produced 3 wards, 1 a Roman and 2 a CAC. Sounds a divided family.

Me going to church alone as a married man makes me more a bachelor or a widower.
Temptation must surely set in.

U love praying...Join the charismatic. Thank u.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Exponental(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2016
Understanding matters! Forget about what people say. If you guys are OK with it , so be it! Marriages survive when couples agree. What of couples who share different religious believes? Enjoy your marriage jare.
I think your hubby is attached to his faith and also agrees with yours.

3 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by crackhaus: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
WorldRichest:

What will happen if she is married to a Muslim?
Have you seen a woman married to a Muslim who isn't a practising Muslim herself?

I haven't, don't know if you have.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by crackhaus: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
iAmCharis:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa you sef sabi the "happily married women" gringrin
I over-sabi dem my bro. grin

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by crackhaus: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

lol.
You are such a troublesome human being grin.
I know, it's why they love to hate me.

That I have that effect on them is what I relish... grin
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
Oohk
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by dingbang(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2017
People still pray yet fall victims of circumstances...
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by davidif: 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
Vendoor:
Madam, Its wrong... Fellowship with him and reunite your family.

You knew he was a catholic before you married him.

And are you married?
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by davidif: 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Winneygirl:
You are more concerned with what people think...
How is it any of their business?

A system has been working for you with no issues, now you are looking for people's opinion...

Gbanm!!!! Some people just find tranquility and peace boring. They just like to stir up the pot. This woman's relationship seems to be working but I guess she finds it boring and wants to add some drama.

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by davidif: 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
stunningjudy:
Why are u of the belief that Catholics don't pray well? Prayer is a personal communication with God. Don't generalize issues. It's not until u have headache while praying that u know u have prayed well, remember praying without faith is empty. Meanwhile I'd advice u to put ur home in order, will u want to divide ur children's belief? Your excuse will be Catholics don't pray well? Then your kids will now struggle with religion. Follow ur hubby so ur home will be United.

No o. Prayers get level abeg. You want to go somewhere where worship is done in spirit and in truth.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by stunningjudy(f): 7:10am On Jun 26, 2017
davidif:

No o. Prayers get level abeg. You want to go somewhere where worship is done in spirit and in truth.

That's how people will keep going till they reach Rev King church. Why do you go to your own church? Do you have faith? I am a proud Catholic and I'll tell you boldly that I worship in truth and in spirit. I pray and receive answers. I have a relationship with God. So tell me, am I a lesser Christian?

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Father Is Cheating On His Mum, What Should He Do? / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies / See This Photoshoot Of A Pregnant Woman (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.