Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone (47257 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Infinix Note 3 X601 Official Discussion Thread - Join The Conversation / My Phone Conversation With A Bvn Scammer This Evening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
frenchwine:
The one that gets me off the edge is picking my call in a noisy environment or being on call with me and talking to someone else at the background or eating while on call.
Some of us really have annoying phone habits.
Honestly you have just spoke my mind, that was number 6 offence I listed for my ex boyfriend bfor we separated and he doesn't want to change, I always feel like slapping the nuisance out of him on phone . Guy1- Hello bae, how far? Girl- Am cool, u? Guy1- I de.....my guy how far na? Girl- hello dear,hello hello hello. Guy1- my guy u get BB charger? Guy2-ano get jare. Guy1-you suppose get na,wetin u dey use charge ur own? Guy2- abeg liv me jare. Girl- hellllllllllllllllloooooooooo. Guy- oh sorry my babe. Girl- mtchewwwwwwwww. Guy1-yep have eaten, no sorry what did u ask? Girl-you dey madt geraraheeeee. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by youngmann: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
2dugged:
ok, it have do,I hear, shey of all the problems wey this country get na phone etiquette u wan help me solve
why you the respond to the guy? Him never get sense. Leave am make hin de teach people how to make phone call. Oversabi the worry am.
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by AdaAnambra: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Ha, some people are funny sha. I am guilty of some, you are guilty of some, they are quilty of it too grin.

Nw let's look at them

1. The I just wanted to say Hi syndrome

hello baybee hw far now? I am fine ooo, how are you? Hope all is well. Phone conversation continues... well I just wanted to say hi

Like seriously? WTF!!! Why should u "wanted to say hi?" Hi for what? Your calling the person is enough reason to let him or her know u wish to talk to them.. u don't have to repeat it.
Don't u have anything important to say? Calling someone just because you wanted to say hi is just dumb. Seems u don't have anything doing with your airtime. Please avoid dat sentence.. wink

2: Calling a lot of times when the recipient doesn't pick

Mehn if you are calling someone one, two, three times and they don't pick please respect yourself and call back later. It's dumb and stvpid to ring someone 15missed calls. It makes the recipient to think there is really an emergency if he/she comes to pick, thereby giving him/her some sense of worry, only for him/her to call you bak and u tell the person you just wanted to say hi. Now tell me how stvpid that can be. grin

3: Picking or making a Phone call in a busy environment

Please don't do that! It's really annoying. People hate it when you call or pick a call in a busy environment. I don't want to hear the loud music over the background or the traffic noise or the general noise emanating from the background. Please For Christ sake, go somewhere quiet and make or pick the call.

4: Repeating words you just said over the phone

Guy: Freda watsup na, hw u dey?

Freda: I jus dey guy, watsup..

Guy, mehn I just dey ooo.. hw every every..

Freda: mehn ur babe just dey

WTF!! Two of you just spent one minute and be asking how far.. like seriously? If u duno what to tell someone when u want to call them please don't even bother calling. You are only enriching the network provider. So save your airtime until u have smth important to say.

5: Promising someone u will call dem back later when u know u will not

People are just fond of doing this. Especially towards the end of the phone call, and the guy happens to tell the babe he will call her later in the day, and she expects his call. Den later in the day he doesn't call.. the next time they happen to have a phone call conversation again, he still repeats he will call her so so and so Time again.

Really?

6: Making a Phone call in a public vehicle and shouting

Hellooo, helloooooo.. hellloooo.. I can't hear you ooo. Helllooooo. Helloooo.

Now tell me why will both of you hear yourselves when the car glasses are down and the vehicle is in motion? You are now disturbing people shouting at the top of your voice.

Please stop that. If u wish to make or receive a call in a public vehicle, pls reduce your tone or you send your info thru text.

Please add yours abeg cheesy

lol. Nice one. Number four got me.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by feaworaoja007: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Op all dis list none of dem dey annoy me...

1. The I just wanted to say Hi :- dis one dey sweet me for body..
*Swidy I just called to say Hiwink

2: Calling a lot of times when the recipient doesn't pick~ I know one is a miss call, Bt I dey person like make him call me pass 20 times, I go feel say na emergency call be dat.

3: Picking or making a Phone call in a busy environment~ no problem with dis

4: Repeating words you just said over the phone~no problem with this one.
*SANDOSKI how faI dey
*SANDOSKI how you dey
*SANDOSKI how are you M gud

5: Promising someone u will call dem back later when u know u will not~ if you no call back, I go call you to find out wetin happen.

6. Turn off....Na to send you text....grin

grin

person no fit send u text again? lots of reason som1 can/should send text message instead of calling...u fine well well o! wish for 1 date only... wink
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by feaworaoja007: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
SANDOSKI:

2: Calling a lot of times when the recipient doesn't pick~ I know one is a miss call, Bt I dey person like make him call me pass 20 times, I go feel say na emergency call be dat.

*SANDOSKI how faI dey
*SANDOSKI how you dey

5: Promising someone u will call dem back later when u know u will not~ if you no call back, I go call you to find out wetin happen.

grin

person no fit send u text again? lots of reason som1 can/should send text message instead of calling...u fine well well o! wish for 1 date only... wink .
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by feaworaoja007: 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
SANDOSKI:

*SANDOSKI how faI dey
*SANDOSKI how you dey

grin

person no fit send u text again? lots of reason som1 can/should send text message instead of calling...u fine well well o! wish for 1 date only... wink ,
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by stubbornman(m): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
onstelly:
I hate number 5 with so much passion, don't promise what you can't keep
Emmm pls I'll call you back.... cheesy grin
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Emeka71(m): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
Somebody is asking you a question over the phone and you are wasting time in answering.
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by stubbornman(m): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
Cutehector:
i'm so guilty of number five eh. Gosh. All because I want to play "nice"
My nigger my own worse ehn....before I promise I don make up my mind say I no go call you back

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by myked(m): 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Myopic view
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by onstelly(f): 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
stubbornman:

Emmm pls I'll call you back.... cheesy grin
Hahahaha not fair cheesy
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by stubbornman(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
onstelly:

Hahahaha not fair cheesy
lols dear some people can talk for Europe so you just have to cut them off and give them hope too cheesy
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Ilemichael(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
mizzbouqui:
I hate no 4 like madt, they will be like babe how far, how are you, I hope you are veryfyn, how is work, how is everything. And I will be like I'm fyn, fyn, fyn, fyn So annoying

I believe it depends on how you responded to the earlier questions.

When someone asks you how are you and you respond with fine.
He then decides to ask how far probabaly expecting a more elaborating and welcoming answer, and you still respond with fine.
How else do you want him continue the conversation?
Left for me i would end the phone call or chat there.
You are now here blaming him for asking to many questions?

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Glo4issy(f): 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Guilty of 1 and 5 though grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by heffem(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
that number2 like seriously. why u go even call me for like 15times in 5minutes? for what?!......ur destiny dey my hand ni?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by toprealman: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
onstelly:
A girl hates no 5.....their stock in trade...wow!!!
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nawa o! See as I guilty scarra.. cheesy
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Missmossy(f): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lol,guilty of some myself cheesy some guys are pests anyaway. So it happens.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Missmossy(f): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lol,guilty of some myself cheesy some guys are pests anyway. So it happens.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by guente02(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Damfostopper:
I normally do number 1..... But what ur typing are just trash.... Hw is calling to say hi dumb
Looks like from the OP's standpoint its dumb and since you're trying to challenge its sanity level then it means from the op's perspective you're guilty as charge but does it matter? NO why? Because u don't look like you've got extra f*cks to give but notwithstanding I think this statement should be used sparingly in one's relationship with the other sex, like when the relationship is still in infancy and shii not when she needs some cocking and you're calling to say hi. Kapish?
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Damicares(f): 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lolzzzz..... So guilty of No. 1

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Phi001(m): 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
I'm very guilty of no. 1... .. infact I just did it now!
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Jok3r(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Ha, some people are funny sha. I am guilty of some, you are guilty of some, they are quilty of it too grin.

Nw let's look at them

1. The I just wanted to say Hi syndrome

hello baybee hw far now? I am fine ooo, how are you? Hope all is well. Phone conversation continues... well I just wanted to say hi

Like seriously? WTF!!! Why should u "wanted to say hi?" Hi for what? Your calling the person is enough reason to let him or her know u wish to talk to them.. u don't have to repeat it.
Don't u have anything important to say? Calling someone just because you wanted to say hi is just dumb. Seems u don't have anything doing with your airtime. Please avoid dat sentence.. wink

2: Calling a lot of times when the recipient doesn't pick

Mehn if you are calling someone one, two, three times and they don't pick please respect yourself and call back later. It's dumb and stvpid to ring someone 15missed calls. It makes the recipient to think there is really an emergency if he/she comes to pick, thereby giving him/her some sense of worry, only for him/her to call you bak and u tell the person you just wanted to say hi. Now tell me how stvpid that can be. grin

3: Picking or making a Phone call in a busy environment

Please don't do that! It's really annoying. People hate it when you call or pick a call in a busy environment. I don't want to hear the loud music over the background or the traffic noise or the general noise emanating from the background. Please For Christ sake, go somewhere quiet and make or pick the call.

4: Repeating words you just said over the phone

Guy: Freda watsup na, hw u dey?

Freda: I jus dey guy, watsup..

Guy, mehn I just dey ooo.. hw every every..

Freda: mehn ur babe just dey

WTF!! Two of you just spent one minute and be asking how far.. like seriously? If u duno what to tell someone when u want to call them please don't even bother calling. You are only enriching the network provider. So save your airtime until u have smth important to say.

5: Promising someone u will call dem back later when u know u will not

People are just fond of doing this. Especially towards the end of the phone call, and the guy happens to tell the babe he will call her later in the day, and she expects his call. Den later in the day he doesn't call.. the next time they happen to have a phone call conversation again, he still repeats he will call her so so and so Time again.

Really?

6: Making a Phone call in a public vehicle and shouting

Hellooo, helloooooo.. hellloooo.. I can't hear you ooo. Helllooooo. Helloooo.

Now tell me why will both of you hear yourselves when the car glasses are down and the vehicle is in motion? You are now disturbing people shouting at the top of your voice.

Please stop that. If u wish to make or receive a call in a public vehicle, pls reduce your tone or you send your info thru text.

Please add yours abeg cheesy

it is normal am sure u even do dem alot
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by macaranta(m): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good points

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by mizzbouqui(f): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ilemichael:

I believe it depends on how you responded to the earlier questions.

When someone asks you how are you and you respond with fine.
He then decides to ask how far probabaly expecting a more elaborating and welcoming answer, and you still respond with fine.
How else do you want him continue the conversation?
Left for me i would end the phone call or chat there.
You are now here blaming him for asking to many questions?
Oh! I see

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by patola080(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
onstelly:
I do number 5 very well wen d person is talkative

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Ilemichael(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Oh! I see

Good to know.

I was about getting you a pair of thick lens!
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Shakur86(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
like seriously I just realised that I'm guilty of all
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
I am guilty of number 1 and maybe number 2.

Number 1 because its natural and I did really have feelings for him

Number 2 only with the particular person because I felt a vibe that wasn't right
I've just recently had to change my friends so I'm really just tryna be with those who are straight forward in communication
Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by eunore1: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
The one I hate is when after seeing missed calls from someone, I call back and tell the person I just saw your missed call and the person will still tell me I've been trying to call you. I'll be like but I just called and told you I saw your missed calls.....so annoying.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Honestly you have just spoke my mind, that was number 6 offence I listed for my ex boyfriend bfor we separated and he doesn't want to change, I always feel like slapping the nuisance out of him on phone . Guy1- Hello bae, how far? Girl- Am cool, u? Guy1- I de.....my guy how far na? Girl- hello dear,hello hello hello. Guy1- my guy u get BB charger? Guy2-ano get jare. Guy1-you suppose get na,wetin u dey use charge ur own? Guy2- abeg liv me jare. Girl- hellllllllllllllllloooooooooo. Guy- oh sorry my babe. Girl- mtchewwwwwwwww. Guy1-yep have eaten, no sorry what did u ask? Girl-you dey madt geraraheeeee. Lol
Roflooool, must have been a handful for you.
I'm actually kinda enduring same with Bae, and it's not funny at all.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone by onstelly(f): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
stubbornman:

lols dear some people can talk for Europe so you just have to cut them off and give them hope too cheesy
Hahahaha ok I understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Took Girlfriend To Buy An iPhone For Her, Fled With The Phone, Girl Detained / How Do I Stop Mtn From Deducting My Airtime during browsing ? / Tecno, The Highest Selling Mobile Brand In Nigeria Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.