Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari (5994 Views)

Former President Goodluck Jonathan Finally Speaks Out / 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki / Fbi Reveals Nigeria's Richest Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by impactinfluence: 4:37am On Jul 04, 2016
Former president Goodluck Jonathan has
revealed the state in which he handed over the
Nigerian economy to President Muhammadu
Buhari.
The former president stated that the Nigerian
economy was the largest in Africa and worth a
GDP of $574 billion as at when he handed over
noting that he assumed office when the nation
was only worth $270.5 billion in GDP and the
second largest economy in Africa.
Jonathan also noted that in 2009 when he
assumed office, Aliko dangote was the fifth
richest man in Africa but had risen to be the
Richest in 2005 before he handed over to
Buhari.
While addressing other pressing issuues,
Jonathan said: “the campaigns leading to the
elections almost polarized the country into
Christian versus Muslims and North versus South
divide. Most world leaders were worried that our
elections will result into major crisis. Some
pundits even from here in the United States said
that those elections would spell the end of
Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a
nation because of the polls.
“That is where the leadership question comes
into play. As a leader that was duly elected by
the people, I considered the people’s interest
first. How do I manage my people to avoid
killings and destruction of properties? With the
interest of the people propelling all the decisions
I took, we were able to sail through.
“Indeed, we sail through because I refused to
interfere with the independence of the
Independent National Electoral Commission,
INEC, having appointed a man I had never met
in my life to run it. My philosophy was simple.
For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must
value the process more than the product of the
process. And the citizens must have confidence
in the electoral body.
“This rule of the law of process ensured that
Nigeria’s peace, prosperity and progress was not
derailed by the conduct and results of the 2015
elections and I am proud to say that while I took
over a Nigeria that was the second largest
economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in
2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to
become the largest economy in Africa and the
24th largest economy in the world with a GDP of
$574 billion.”
He said he inherited a Nigeria in which the trains
were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in
which citizens can safely travel by trains again,
adding that
He further stated: “I inherited a Nigeria that was
a net importer of cement, and handed over a
Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement. In 2009
the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in
Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that
produced the richest man in Africa.
“These are but a few of the parameters that
illustrate some of the economic transformations
we engineered during my term in office. This
was made possible by the fact that there was a
stable political leadership in Nigeria that did not
have to pander to any other constituency except
the electorate who brought me to power. And
these actions have a contagious effect.”

spynigeria.com/2016/06/04/jonathan-finally-reveals-nigerias-worth-handing-buhari/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by impactinfluence: 4:39am On Jul 04, 2016
And Buhari dey talk say Nigeria is broke ooo

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by zeberebe: 4:44am On Jul 04, 2016
impactinfluence:
And Buhari dey talk say Nigeria is broke ooo
both of them are thieves. Stop siding one politician for another.
Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by AngelAhnie(f): 4:45am On Jul 04, 2016
GEJ is the real deal not the demon in power

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by blackpanda: 4:47am On Jul 04, 2016
If u believe any of this trash, you deserve to languish in poverty!

Why does jonathan keep calling Dangote's name? You didnt make him. He was rich before u became President and will continue to be rich. The people u failed to mention are the millions of jobless youths u left on the street, the billions of dollars u siphoned for you and your friends and the dubious greedy appointments you made for u and ur friends alone.

Coming here to tell us nigeria had $570billion has to be the biggest lie of the century! The facts just dont add up

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by nnachukz(m): 4:55am On Jul 04, 2016
blackpanda:

Why does jonathan keep calling Dangote's name? You didnt make him. He was rich before u became President and will continue to be rich. The people u failed to mention are the millions of jobless youths u left on the street, the billions of dollars u siphoned for you and your friends and the dubious greedy appointments you made for u and ur friends alone.

Coming here to tell us nigeria had $570billion has to be the biggest lie of the century! The facts just dont add up
Comprehension is your biggest problem. He said Nigeria was WORTH $570billion. Not Nigeria HAD $570billion when he handed over power to your Lord and Saviour, who will never do wrong in your eyes.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 04, 2016
If you can't understand this simple truth....then you will never understand anything real. It doesn't mean GEJ couldn't do better but he indeed handed over a better economy to PMB undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by sekundosekundo: 4:58am On Jul 04, 2016
BUHARI OVER TO YOU.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by blackpanda: 4:58am On Jul 04, 2016
nnachukz:
Comprehension is your biggest problem. He said Nigeria was WORTH $570billion. Not Nigeria HAD $570billion when he handed over power to your Lord and Saviour, who will never do wrong in your eyes.

Cant u comment without insulting pple. Stop behaving like a child

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by sekundosekundo: 5:00am On Jul 04, 2016
nnachukz:

Don't mind him. They hate anything GEJ.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by 9inches(m): 5:00am On Jul 04, 2016
Who still hasn't realised Pa Bubu is a western machinery sent to distabilize an already growing economy of a nation. Only because of oil interest o... *spits*

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 04, 2016
Where is Falana The F in your name now L...... Lalana. Over to you..... Defend your Oga undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by sekundosekundo: 5:03am On Jul 04, 2016
TrueSenator:
If you can't understand this simple truth....then you will never understand anything real. It doesn't mean GEJ couldn't do better but he indeed handed over a better economy to PMB undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I agree with you.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by princemillla(m): 5:04am On Jul 04, 2016
GEJ painting himself as a hero or what. The blunt truth is you f**k up big time(effc discoveries is my point of ref)

Whatever you had on ur GDP does not reflect to the common man on the street. You further Bleep up by making reference to dangote. Smh

If you ask GEJ to provide proof, na NoI hin go call... Madam paper development

I hate lies and deciets

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by sekundosekundo: 5:05am On Jul 04, 2016
blackpanda:

May be he's a child of God.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Firefire(m): 5:06am On Jul 04, 2016
“Indeed, we sail through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body". GEJ

Can you say it boldly that the INEC today is independent ?

“Shouldn’t he (Buhary) have considered someone from either South-East, South-South or South-West as Chairman of the Electoral Commission now that we have a President from the North?”

“When Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was the President, he never appointed a Yoruba man as INEC chairman. Dr Goodluck Jonathan too did not appoint an Ijaw man as INEC Chairman,”

“Former President Shehu Shagari too did not appoint a Hausa man like himself as Chairman of the Federal Electoral Commission (FEDECO). Rather, he appointed late Justice Victor Ovie Whisky.”

[size=14pt]
“How then can we have a President from the North and at the same time have INEC Chairman from the Hausa/Fulani Northern Nigeria?"
[/size]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Beadex1(m): 5:08am On Jul 04, 2016
I now see why blame game Is always order of the day, Buhari Is very sure that he will never reach 50 percent of what Jonathan did. Noting Is working in this country any longer he should be careful of revolution because it Is coming if drastic measures are not taken. For those praising Buhari today, be strong in ur Faith in him because u might be stoning him tomorrow.......

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by bashydemy1: 5:12am On Jul 04, 2016
Hahaa he forget to mention Tompolo, Asari, boyloaf etc that he made billion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by TheNewIbadan: 5:13am On Jul 04, 2016
He had no choice.

The incompetent fool was booted out by the SW, North and MB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by sekundosekundo: 5:14am On Jul 04, 2016
blackpanda:

We are not expecting your likes to accept this because you have already accepted that fuel will be sold for #45 naira per litre, unemployed youth will be given #5000 naira, $1 will be #1 etc. So we know where you are coming from.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 04, 2016
And yet under the watch if the ineffectual buffoon, trillions of naira developed wings. We did well in kicking the drunk out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by freeze001(f): 5:16am On Jul 04, 2016
blackpanda:

But u insulted and cursed every nairalander that 'dared ' to believe his statement even when he stated verifiable facts not figures pulled out of the air. Or isn't this an insult?

blackpanda:

Do you really believe this?
blackpanda:
...the dubious greedy appointments you made for u and ur friends alone.

Under this 'Change' era u are so enamoured with, is this aspect better or worse? Even Junaid Mohammed, the most vociferous attacker of Jonathan and anything in favour of the South has outlined a presidency currently occupied by no less than 7 persons who are blood n family relatives of the President. You also see clearly the nature of appointments made. Even the President admits he is appointing friends n family who stood by him during the ANPP and CPC days, clearly compensatory rather than competency considerations.

See ehn, just calm down. It is not everything u attack. GEJ is not synonymous for d command to attack unless robotic settings somewhere amount to this then it is a dire situation for all robots programmed this way.

Can u vouch for Buhari to enthrone peace over his political ambition? We had just a taste of his diehard wickedness as d aftermath of 2011 elections. What evil do you think he would have unleashed via his almajiri minions if Jonathan had decided to act like the regular African ruler? Even Buhari admits being shocked by GEJ's peaceful concession because he knows he'd never do so. Buhari couldn't even keep to his words not to contest d 2011 elections judicially how much more something he swore to have by all means or ensure d flow of d blood of dogs n baboons if he didn't win 2015 elections?

Just relax! Sometimes let some obvious truths stand rather than expose ur default settings because truth will always reign supreme.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by blackpanda: 5:20am On Jul 04, 2016
[s]
sekundosekundo:

We are not expecting your likes to accept this because you have already accepted that fuel will be sold for #45 naira per litre, unemployed youth will be given #5000 naira, $1 will be #1 etc. So we know where you are coming from.
[/s]

Trash!

This has nothing to do with gej lies!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by blackpanda: 5:22am On Jul 04, 2016
freeze001:

But u insulted and cursed every nairalander that 'dared ' to believe his statement even when he stated verifiable facts not figures pulled out of the air. Or isn't this an insult?

Do you really believe this?

Under this 'Change' era u ate so enamoured with, is this aspect better or worse?

WTF!

Are u ok Stop stalking me!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Abeymills(m): 5:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Gudluck u have indeed done ur best 4 dis country d zombified creatures don't like 2 hear d truth bubuhari is still in daura d dullard most clueless fantastically corrupt president of d north let him deny it selfish crooked miser hypocrite in power Aisha gets all d loots on his behalf yeye govt

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by kenzo25(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2016
Can I ask GEJ this question, Is Dangote's achievement his handmade or Dangote's handwork? Secondly the so call train he mentioned is it not our right as a citizen? GDP is by record is a scam to me just like the stock market as at then, they only gave figures, the real value was hidden to scam people........

As for me God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Firefire(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2016
For me, I don't quote any lost soul again. They can continue to live in self-denial and pains full of hatred.

GEJ remains the Hero of Modern Day Democracy. , not one ediot who shed crocodile tears and many soul were lost.

Lagoon is your friend.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by MidasTouche01(m): 5:28am On Jul 04, 2016
So

GEJ is the Hero of modern day democracy, he handed over the largest growing economy to the current government... bla bla bla

How does that affect the current situation apart from giving birth to fresh blame games?
Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Abeymills(m): 5:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Bubuhari is simply a disaster everything he touches is messed up

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 5:31am On Jul 04, 2016
Very many Nigerians know the truth. Let PMB and his cohorts continue their blame game. but one thing I know is that.....THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by cckris: 5:32am On Jul 04, 2016
impactinfluence:

I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.

Buhari appoints mostly his Daura cousins to DSS & INEC, and only Fulanis to crucial National positions. Not even Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari by Abeymills(m): 5:34am On Jul 04, 2016
Gudluck made gud fiscal policy measures imposed strict import prohibition measures export expansion grants 2companies no various indeginous companies 2export made in Nigeria products dangote was granted special incentives package to go grow sugar cane,manufacturing of cement gud tax holiday golden penny,bua cement etc gudluck still d best

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Boy Commits Suicide Over Peter Obi’s Lost / Nigeria Is Happening To Those Who Are Hoarding Dollars. / Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.