Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles (1378 Views)

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / Man Cuts Off Own Penis In Akure, Says ‘monster’ Ordered Him / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Vendoor(f): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2016
A US dating website, Christian Mingle, meant for only straight people, has now been ordered by a judge to accept Gay and lesbian singles to their website database. This was due to a class-action suit filed in 2013 by two gay men against Sparks Networks Inc., the owner of Christian Mingle & several other dating sites. The suit alleged that Christian Mingle violated California's anti-discrimination law.

Two gay men filed class-actions claimed that the website excluded users looking to meet singles of the same sex. ChristianMingle, which is the largest online community for Christian singles in the US, required new users to specify whether they’re a man seeking a woman or a woman seeking a man.

The lead plaintiffs, two gay men who tried using it, claimed that the limited options violated California’s anti-discrimination law. Known as the Unruh Civil Rights Act, the state law requires “business establishments” to offer “full and equal accommodations” to people regardless of their sexual orientation.

The online dating site will now allow gay and lesbian users to look for same-sex matches after the settlement of discrimination claims approved by a California judge, who has also asked the company to pay $468,000 to the two gay men who brought the lawsuit against it.

The settlement applies also to CatholicMingle.com, AdventistSinglesConnection.com and BlackSingles.com, but not to the online Jewish matchmaker JDate.com, which was not part of the lawsuit.

Spark Networks will have to adjust searching and profile features in these websites to include gay and lesbian singles within two years, as well as pay $9,000 each to the two plaintiffs and reimburse them for attorney's fees with $450,000.

"Spark will not change the gateway/home pages to use the 'man seeking woman' and 'woman seeking man' prompts in the future unless Spark also provide similar prompts which allow individuals seeking a same sex match to enter and use the sites without having to state that they are seeking a match with someone of the opposite sex. As long as Spark operates the Mingle Sites, users will continue to have the ability to search for potential same sex matches using the site's text searching and profile building functions," the settlement reads.

Under the agreement, the gateway homepages now ask just whether a user is a “man” or a “woman.” Spark Networks agreed that within two years, it would adjust other searching and profile features to give gay and lesbian singles a more tailored experience.

Source: The Christian Post/ MSN

1 Share

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:06am On Jul 04, 2016
Why not simply close the site than compromise. But this law of a thing is also infringing on the right of the site owner to operate his site the way he wishes by making it only for the straight. By the way they have their gay sites too.

7 Likes

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by sisisioge: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Why not simply close the site than compromise. But this law of a thing is also infringing on the right of the site owner to operate his site the way he wishes by making it only for the straight. By the way they have their gay sites too.

My mind too. Just close it. But I think the operators will still find another way to frustrate the gays' efforts within the next 2 yes and probably close it afterwards. Christianity doesn't recognize gay, why force it down their throat? I'm not homophobic one bit, but I strongly believe in freedom of choice. Everyone with his/her choice. I love men, if my female friend loves women, all well and good so long as she's not forcing it down my throat.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by DrSexMata(m): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2016
IRserveMyComent:

The way nigerians attack problems aint just right.

1. Have you ever started a business??
If you have, you will know its no an easy decision to make, closing down an Institution you built from scratch.

2. Why are chrstians quick to judge?

3. Do you know that some ladies were created as men? They neither feel anything from a mans touch, same with some guys?... Pls most times we only dish out selfish opinions, and its not just right.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by IRserveMyComent(f): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
DrSexMata:

The way nigerians attack problems aint just right.

1. Have you ever started a business??
If you have, you will know its no an easy decision to make, closing down an Institution you built from scratch.

2. Why are chrstians quick to judge?

3. Do you know that some ladies were created as men? They neither feel anything from a mans touch, same with some guys?... Pls most times we only dish out selfish opinions, and its not just right.
(1) yes it might not be an easy decision but it is doable. Have you also heard of branding in business? If i open a busines of say fruit juice and decide not to add any addictives that is man brand. Some people might want me to add honey or sugar and more water which would even give me more profit. But it behoves on me to maintain my brand which i know is healthier or to compromise. (2) Could you please point out in my comment where i judged ? Consult your dictionary and come back and explain what the word judge means to you. (3) Some ladies were created as men? Did you just say that? This is a lie from the pit of hell. Are you their creator? If they cant feel anything from a man's touch they should learn how to feel it. They only need counselling. And sexual re orientation. The devil is fast feeding the souls of men with perversive inclinitions and they are suprisingly buying it. Its a pity.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by DrSexMata(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
(1) yes it might not be an easy decision but it is doable. Have you also heard of branding in business? If i open a busines of say fruit juice and decide not to add any addictives that is man brand. Some people might want me to add honey or sugar and more water which would even give me more profit. But it behoves on me to maintain my brand which i know is healthier or to compromise. (2) Could you please point out in my comment where i judged ? Consult your dictionary and come back and explain what the word judge means to you. (3) Some ladies were created as men? Did you just say that? This is a lie from the pit of hell. Are you their creator? If they cant feel anything from a man's touch they should learn how to feel it. They only need counselling. And sexual re orientation. The devil is fast feeding the souls of men with perversive inclinitions and they are suprisingly buying it. Its a pity.

1. Sorry i ever quoted you in the first place, because obviously you are blinded by religion (which is not a bad thing) .
2. If you think 'all' men were created with men and women were created with their respective sexual hormones and attributes,and you also feel "the feeling can be learnt" then, i base it on your level of understanding.

On the last day, a lot of things will be revealed dear.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Amhappy(f): 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
And they claim gayish is not our business,it doesn't concern us what adults choose to do with their lives. Still they force it down your throat using the law. Persecution has returned.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
How on earth did this case get to approved.

So a business can not determine how it is run.

Do they realise that dating sites even discriminate over countries. Some insist on persons from ONLY certain states. Why haven't those ones filed an action suit.

What kind of infringement is this

Using a dating site is NOT a RIGHT

is that the only site to find gay partners

What sort of rubbish is that
Same tolerance you want you cannot dish out.

Rubbish!!

So the business should pay 2random men half a million dollars. Load of trash!!
Men that have no interest in the site neither are they vested in it. Nansense

3 Likes

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Ishilove: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Uwa meeebiiiiii! What nonsense! What arrant rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by TV01(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ishilove:
Uwa meeebiiiiii! What nonsense! What arrant rubbish!

There have always been "gay" dating sites and physical hook-up spaces. No one ever cried discrimination. But now it's been normalised and mainstreamed, everything must be homosexualised.

It's heading your way. But now you have been forewarned, gird yourself. Resist it, or even the whiff of it at every opportunity.They will demand you bow at this altar and sacrifice your children on it.

Sin abounds and it cannot abode the light. It will seek to banish all dissent and demand unwavering allegiance. We even have storm-troopers - both the ignorant and the plain evil - with us here on NL.

God pass dem.

TV

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Ishilove: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
TV01:

There have always been "gay" dating sites and physical hook-up spaces. No one ever cried discrimination. But now it's been normalised and mainstreamed, everything must be homosexualised.

It's heading your way. But now you have been forewarned, gird yourself. Resist it, or even the whiff of it at every opportunity.They will demand you bow at this altar and sacrifice your children on it.

Sin abounds and it cannot abode the light. It will seek to banish all dissent and demand unwavering allegiance. We even have storm-troopers - both the ignorant and the plain evil - with us here on NL.

God pass dem.

TV
That's not going to happen. There's a lot of things wrong with Africa but accepting homosexuality is not one of them.

I am not going to raise my children in a society where men straffing men and vice versa is the norm, and if may God forbid they are born into such evil, I will drum into their consciousness to loathe all things gay.

What nonsense!! Must they shove their perversion in our faces? Do you know that in a certain state in America, court documents have removed 'Mother/ Father' slots, and replaced it with 'Parent 1 and Parent 2'?

What arrant rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Onegai(f): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
You know, this is sorta weird. Why force yourselves on people who don't want you? There are so many gay dating sites. It just seems like they want to be included by force. It's like "sure, we have our personal space but you guys cannot have yours".

1 Like

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by thorpido(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
If they appealed the judgement,I guess those up there might still award the case against them.
A lot of people say it's not anyone's business what two consenting adults do but we're seeing where it's gonna be other people's business when they force it down their throats.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Ishilove: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
thorpido:
If they appealed the judgement,I guess those up there might still award the case against them.
A lot of people say it's not anyone's business what two consenting adults do but we're seeing where it's gonna be other people's business when they force it down their throats.
My dear, I taya. I'm just filled with helpless rage
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by ShaqFu: 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is turning into something else.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
DrSexMata:

1. Sorry i ever quoted you in the first place, because obviously you are blinded by religion (which is not a bad thing) .
2. If you think 'all' men were created with men and women were created with their respective sexual hormones and attributes,and you also feel "the feeling can be learnt" then, i base it on your level of understanding.

On the last day, a lot of things will be revealed dear.
Yes you should feel sorry for quoting me... Run for your dear life when next you see a comment by this monikar, especially in a thread like this one.. And thank God you know there is a last day, so lets leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by TV01(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ishilove:
That's not going to happen. There's a lot of things wrong with Africa but accepting homosexuality is not one of them.
Really? What about South Africa? What about threats from The West - most notably the US and the UK - that are threatening aid and trade sanctions if "gay" rights are not expedited? What about the UN championing and weaving "sexuality" and "orientation" into it's principles and policies. What about the charities, aid agencies and NGO's that are promulgating this by stealth?

Ishilove:
I am not going to raise my children in a society where men straffing men and vice versa is the norm, and if may God forbid they are born into such evil, I will drum into their consciousness to loathe all things gay.
Those in countries where it happens - roughly 20 or so of 186 - are having it forced on them. It's been woven into school curricula from as young as 6, with no excuse permitted for concerned parents. Small businesses such as bakers and photographers are being persecuted & bankrupted. People are losing their jobs and livelihoods, for simply disagreeing with, or failing to celebrate gayness.

Ishilove:
What nonsense!! Must they shove their perversion in our faces? Do you know that in a certain state in America, court documents have removed 'Mother/ Father' slots, and replaced it with 'Parent 1 and Parent 2'?

What arrant rubbish!
That already happened in Spain and some of the earlier country which already adopted this. It's a natural progression. Mother/father, husband/wife, are eradicated. After all, they are discriminatory in a homosexualised world aren't they? Or better understood as, for a lie to prevail, truth in language, and what words mean have to be butchered, parenthood becomes a legal construct. It's why we have NL championing "gay" parenting, aka child abuse.

Resist the narrative, there is no such thing as a "hetero" or "homo", person. It's not a fixed identity, or orientation. It's not intrinsic, immutable or inherent. It's not genetic. It's dysfunctional and disordered behaviour. It is not the basis for marriage or an equivalent setting for child nurture. Gird yourself, acquire understanding, resist at every opportunity - watch and pray!

thorpido:
Appeal or no appeal. It's already an utter failure that it's gotten to court. No sane society embeds homosexuality, and persecutes those who do not subscribe and celebrate it.

TV

3 Likes

Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by thorpido(m): 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
TV01:
Really? What about South Africa? What about threats from The West - most notably the US and the UK - that are threatening aid and trade sanctions if "gay" rights are not expedited? What about the UN championing and weaving "sexuality" and "orientation" into it's principles and policies. What about the charities, aid agencies and NGO's that are promulgating this by stealth?

Those in countries where it happens - roughly 20 or so of 186 - are having it forced on them. It's been woven into school curricula from as young as 6, with no excuse permitted for concerned parents. Small businesses such as bakers and photographers are being persecuted & bankrupted. People are losing their jobs and livelihoods, for simply disagreeing with, or failing to celebrate gayness.

That already happened in Spain and some of the earlier country which already adopted this. It's a natural progression. Mother/father, husband/wife, are eradicated. After all, they are discriminatory in a homosexualised world aren't they? Or better understood as, for a lie to prevail, truth in language, and what words mean have to be butchered, parenthood becomes a legal construct. It's why we have NL championing "gay" parenting, aka child abuse.

Resist the narrative, there is no such thing as a "hetero" or "homo", person. It's not a fixed identity, or orientation. It's not intrinsic, immutable or inherent. It's not genetic. It's dysfunctional and disordered behaviour. It is not the basis for marriage or an equivalent setting for child nurture. Gird yourself, acquire understanding, resist at every opportunity - watch and pray!

Appeal or no appeal. It's already an utter failure that it's gotten to court. No sane society embeds homosexuality, and persecutes those who do not subscribe and celebrate it.

TV
Well,i guess these things must be in fulfilment of scriptures but one thing is sure,darkness can't prevail over light.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by TV01(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2016
thorpido:
Well,i guess these things must be in fulfilment of scriptures but one thing is sure,darkness can't prevail over light.
Ultimately, I absolutely agree. But there will be many persecuted, many casualties, and some may take compromise to far, or even capitulate.

I was listening to the radio here once (LBC 97.3 FM to be precise), and a caller suggested "that those who do not give their children a favourable view of homosexuality should be exposed to the law".

The implications if that came to pass, and I can totally see it given the way things are going, are manifest. Ultimately they could take your children away from you, and they could actually end up given to a same-sex couple.

When they take your children away from you here, it's ordered by judges and the records sealed. You never see your children again.

Yes, light will prevail, but this will not end well - it simply can't.

TV
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by An0nimus: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2016
Bad precedent being set.

It's not by force to be gay or accept homosexuality. That's how the last 5 years has seen an increase in homosexuality in movie series. At a point, it became obvious there's an agenda to make it mainstream and shove it down out throats. Waiting for gay-themed cartoons to pop up. That's if they don't already exist.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by thorpido(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
TV01:

Ultimately, I absolutely agree. But there will be many persecuted, many casualties, and some may take compromise to far, or even capitulate.

I was listening to the radio here once (LBC 97.3 FM to be precise), and a caller suggested "that those who do not give their children a favourable view of homosexuality should be exposed to the law".

The implications if that came to pass, and I can totally see it given the way things are going, are manifest. Ultimately they could take your children away from you, and they could actually end up given to a same-sex couple.

When they take your children away from you here, it's ordered by judges and the records sealed. You never see your children again.

Yes, light will prevail, but this will not end well - it simply can't.

TV
At bolded,that's simply crazy.You are not just to ignore them but must speak favourably of them.
There will surely be persecution and compromise on the part of many.
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is the aspect that makes me hate homosexuals/ gay with a passion, I can tolerate that bs but shoving stuff down pples throat seems to be their hobby esp with the gay mafia behind them, fvck them all
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Vendoor(f): 6:16am On Jul 06, 2016
My fear is that we Africans/Nigerians copy everything about the western world and in 10yrs time we may also not find anything wrong with this judgement undecided
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Vendoor(f): 6:42am On Jul 09, 2016
thorpido:

And that's the issue undecided
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Arsenate(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2016
Lol
You are infringing on someone else's right to grant another his right.
The confused west grin grin
Re: Christian Mingle: Ordered To Pay 2 Gay Men $459,000 And Accept Gay Singles by Houseofglam7(f): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is rather repulsive.
Thank goodness this is NAIRALAND

(1) (Reply)

Buccaneers Social Penetration / Help, My Niece Is Still Bedwetting! / My Story With My Best Friend Now Ex Gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.