Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Our Culture, Our Pride - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Culture, Our Pride (521 Views)

Has Technology Really Affect Our Culture? / Parents Teach Your Children Our Culture"-nigerian Educationist Cries Out! / What Happened To Our Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Culture, Our Pride by CosmicMacduff1(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2016
Borrowing the virtue of honesty, I must confess that I always think about our core African traditional society with great nostalgia. The very embrace of nature by the people at the time which unassuming nature played out in the very way and manner they acted out their individual roles on the center stage of traditional setting.
The Igbo traditional society, like every other, is one richly endowed with strong cultural heritage, such that I often wish we turn back the hands of the clock to the times or good old days WHEN THE LAND OF THE SQUIRREL USED TO BE UP THERE! MGBE ELU BUBUURU ALA OSA!
Those good old days when a girl would boldly grace her head with a bunch of firewood without caring one bit which boy was looking at her!
I dream about those good old day when the bathing in the village stream was a good exercise often looked forward to by all and sundry, without the fear of a physical or sexual assult from the opposite sex!
I long for those "blind" and "naive" days when you scolded your girl child and all she did was look down in remorse without challenging your authority with rude and insulting eyes which spoke volumes beyond verbal insults!
I long for... for so much which I know are now mere illusions by mere thought of them... I... I long for... I, in fact, wish Africa had her life back!
Our life has been snatched from us!
Over garnished with artificial flavours!
I wish we strip ourselves of all those inferiority complex!
And take our lives back!

(1) (Reply)

Simple Steps To Achieve Excellence In Life / How To Get Admission In Nigeria. You Must Do It. / Graduate Dies As Students Poured Him Water In Jubilation Of Final Year Completio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.