Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! (540 Views)

The Lord Chosen Church Takes Praise And Worship To An Acrobatic Level / Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? / Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by SpicyMimi(f): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2016
Good morning Nairalanders,

Well, when I see a Catholic church and the idol of Mary being worshipped by them, I keep on wondering if they don't read their Bibles or are just too stubborn to accept the fact that, this style of worshipping God is what God is truly against.

Matt 12:47-50 (Using Good news Bible-Catholic Bible)

"So one of the people there said to him, "look your mother and brothers are standing outside, they want to speak to you."
Jesus answered " Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" Then He pointed to his disciples and said " Look, here are my mother and brothers! Whoever does what my Father in Heaven wants him to do is my brother, sister and mother"

This verse alone justifies the fact that, Jesus wants honor to be given to God alone!!!! The Bible definitely has all the answers to human problems.
What took place in the verse above, took place because God
Knew worshipping of Mary and people related to her will occur in the future.
Mary to me was just a "Vessel" nothing peculiar or special about her!

Another thing is, why should they bow down to man made idols, when of course they read in the Bible how sad God was when the Israelites made idols for themselves.

He said "Don't create any image of anything in Heaven and on earth to bow down to and worship" Worship only the Holy God, the one that can't be seen, but lives in us.

I'm just wondering why, they choose to ignore these bible verses about God being against idol and giving honor to Mary.
Re: Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by mcversatile(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2016
Lets say that d way they want it....
Re: Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by rhadiator15(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2016
SpicyMimi:
Good morning Nairalanders,

Well, when I see a Catholic church and the idol of Mary being worshipped by them, I keep on wondering if they don't read their Bibles or are just too stubborn to accept the fact that, this style of worshipping God is what God is truly against.

Matt 12:47-50 (Using Good news Bible-Catholic Bible)

"So one of the people there said to him, "look your mother and brothers are standing outside, they want to speak to you."
Jesus answered " Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" Then He pointed to his disciples and said " Look, here are my mother and brothers! Whoever does what my Father in Heaven wants him to do is my brother, sister and mother"

This verse alone justifies the fact that, Jesus wants honor to be given to God alone!!!! The Bible definitely has all the answers to human problems.
What took place in the verse above, took place because God
Knew worshipping of Mary and people related to her will occur in the future.
Mary to me was just a "Vessel" nothing peculiar or special about her!

Another thing is, why should they bow down to man made idols, when of course they read in the Bible how sad God was when the Israelites made idols for themselves.

He said "Don't create any image of anything in Heaven and on earth to bow down to and worship" Worship only the Holy God, the one that can't be seen, but lives in us.

I'm just wondering why, they choose to ignore these bible verses about God being against idol and giving honor to Mary.
U berra face ya front.oooo
Re: Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by kingsman66(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2016
I hate to comment in such lunatic topic but all the same let me tell you these.
mind your church and your faith don't forget God is going to judge all creature according to your works on earth. please my brother in Christ don't mock or insult God in the name of promoting Mr seun business or trying to make FP.

A word is enough for they wise.......remind blessed
Re: Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by SpicyMimi(f): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2016
Hummmmmm
Re: Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by SpicyMimi(f): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2016
kingsman66:
I hate to comment in such lunatic topic but all the same let me tell you these.
mind your church and your faith don't forget God is going to judge all creature according to your works on earth. please my brother in Christ don't mock or insult God in the name of promoting Mr seun business or trying to make FP.

A word is enough for they wise.......remind blessed
Not mocking any church, just curious....
Re: Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
If Mary was so important as she is held today, you'd think Jesus would have said something. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Scam Ever / 10 Unknown Facts About Demons. / I Am A Sinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.