Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike (25838 Views)

Federal High Court Complex Port-Harcourt, Built By Wike Ready For Commissioning / Police Arrests 21 INEC Officials, Recovers Bribe Monies Given To Them By Wike / More Cultists Hideouts Destroyed By Wike And Security Agents In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by chimere66: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2016
Thousands of civil society protesters this morning staged a protest in front of the Port Harcourt prisons over issues concerning the health, safety and security of an ardent opponent of the Rivers state government, Mr.Ojukaye Flag Amachree.

Mr Amachree,a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in Rivers state is facing murder trial before a Rivers state High Court.The trial judge,Mrs.Meg Opara,wife of a prominent PDP chieftain and Wike loyalist,Chief Austin Opara,had denied the politician bail on health grounds.Mr.Ojukaye who had earlier been arraigned before a Port Harcourt magistrate has remained in incarceration for over 5 months.

Surprisingly,in what obviously appeared like a political witch-hunt and persecution,the Rivers state government again slammed another two-count charge on Mr.Ojukaye who's health has deplorably deteriorated in recent past.The interesting thing about the new charges is that the police whose responsibility is to investigate and subsequently charge an accused to court has said that it has not received any petition against the politician neither has it investigated the politician over the new charges.

It is understood that it was the Attorney-general of the state,Barr.Emma Aguma and officials of his ministry and colleagues in government that contrived the new charges as a means of punishing the said Mr.Amachree who is seen as a torn on the flesh of the Wike administration.

More worrisome is the role of the Rivers state judiciary in the whole saga.The state Chief Judge,Iyayi Laminkara has shown deeper-than-necessary interest in the matter.The state Chief judge,against all known judicial procedures,ordered the accused to appear in her court to take his plea today,Monday 4th July despite the absence of a police report or investigation tying the accused to the charges,this is notwithstanding the fact that the Court of Appeal is due to deliver judgment on his bail application same today.

The role of the Rivers state judiciary has come under heavy public criticisms in recent times,as some of its officials appear falling-over-themselves to please the Rivers governor .Critics have tied the seeming pocketing of the state judiciary as a sign of appreciation to Gov.Wike who recently disbursed cash and car gifts to the state judicial officials.

The protesters are calling for rule of law,fairness and equity in line with known criminal procedures.They are demanding the resignation of the Rivers Chief judge who they say is a 'loyal legal Adviser to the PDP and Gov.Wike.

They are also calling on the National judicial council(NJC)to probe the activities of Rivers state judicial officers as well as the immediate resignation of Justice Iyayi Laminkara as the state Chief judge for attempting to arraign an accused without a police investigation or report.

Image Credit: Sir Ikenda

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/civil-society-members-protest-in-port.html

1 Share

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by chimere66: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Cadamlk: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2016
I dont want to think that democracy is curse in this country. Why is there unrest everywhere?
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Pheals(f): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2016
No matter the protest ! We have got no govm. Does who slept in NASS finally left when saraki don't resign .. U better leave politicians they are birds of a feather

3 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by dunkem21(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Cadamlk:
I dont want to think that democracy is curse in this country. Why is there unrest everywhere?

No be the same democracy we have been practicing for the past 16 years without unrest?

Hunger protest is loading..

Let's blame PEJ as usual and move on cool

9 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by RZArecta(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2016
Ojukaiye is a murderer and murder is not a bail able crime but of course the APC zombies and hirelings won't know that since its their fellow killer facing prison time. The details of his crimes were all over the internet during the governorship elections in Rivers state. Ojukaiye is the catalyst of the present crisis in Buguma town and the law must take its full course .

Zombies and efulefus will never understand or agree with logical reason

68 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by tit(f): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2016
ojuku again?
why are this 20 ipob yoots making noise and beating shest?
Wike has said he does not support you!
go home to your erosion

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by dahunsy(f): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Coughs*** clear throat# if i talk again ....these dog eaters ...sorry akwa ibom people would call for my ban again
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by EzeNri(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
ojuku again?
go home to your erosion
And a descendant of fallen angel just escaped from the gate of hell just to drag IPOB into their masturbation. Low lifers

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by raker300: 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
ojuku again?
go home to your erosion
if I throw your insult back to you now, you'll be the first to run to myndd44 looking for my ban. You guys are weak but will always throw the first jab..respect yourself.

@topic
The man is wanted for murder, yet they protest in his favour. What a world we live in

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by emymeeky: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Just an arrest , and all APC members are shouting witch-hunt grin

Una never see anything grin

Let me borrow the Zombies chorus :

" why is he afraid of facing trial . If he is sure he is innocent , let him be bold and go to court " grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by ZUBY77(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
We know where he learnt to oppress the opposition.

Since the hunter decided to aim without missing,
The birds must learn to fly without perching.

That's the real meaning of evolution.
Nigeria is evolving negatively, and the youths only care about calling themselves Zombies and Wailers.

6 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Vendoor(f): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Confusion everywhere angry
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wike and Amaechi debacle will end like that of Mbu vs Amaechi tale.

Wike is obviously punishing Amachree for being Amaechi's man.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Okijajuju1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
I heard about this Amachree gist..

Let me dig further

1 Like

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Taryur3(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jobless people...this cannot help for his release.

8 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by IamPatriotic(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Na like this anarchy dey take start.....
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by shaddoww: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
I remember a governor called that state RIVERS OF BLOOD, can't really remember d governor now.
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Orikinla(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
chimere66:
Thousands of civil society protesters this morning staged a protest in front of the Port Harcourt prisons over issues concerning the health, safety and security of an ardent opponent of the Rivers state government, Mr.Ojukaye Flag Amachree.

Mr Amachree,a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in Rivers state is facing murder trial before a Rivers state High Court.The trial judge,Mrs.Meg Opara,wife of a prominent PDP chieftain and Wike loyalist,Chief Austin Opara,had denied the politician bail on health grounds.Mr.Ojukaye who had earlier been arraigned before a Port Harcourt magistrate has remained in incarceration for over 5 months.

Surprisingly,in what obviously appeared like a political witch-hunt and persecution,the Rivers state government again slammed another two-count charge on Mr.Ojukaye who's health has deplorably deteriorated in recent past.The interesting thing about the new charges is that the police whose responsibility is to investigate and subsequently charge an accused to court has said that it has not received any petition against the politician neither has it investigated the politician over the new charges.

It is understood that it was the Attorney-general of the state,Barr.Emma Aguma and officials of his ministry and colleagues in government that contrived the new charges as a means of punishing the said Mr.Amachree who is seen as a torn on the flesh of the Wike administration.

More worrisome is the role of the Rivers state judiciary in the whole saga.The state Chief Judge,Iyayi Laminkara has shown deeper-than-necessary interest in the matter.The state Chief judge,against all known judicial procedures,ordered the accused to appear in her court to take his plea today,Monday 4th July despite the absence of a police report or investigation tying the accused to the charges,this is notwithstanding the fact that the Court of Appeal is due to deliver judgment on his bail application same today.

The role of the Rivers state judiciary has come under heavy public criticisms in recent times,as some of its officials appear falling-over-themselves to please the Rivers governor .Critics have tied the seeming pocketing of the state judiciary as a sign of appreciation to Gov.Wike who recently disbursed cash and car gifts to the state judicial officials.

The protesters are calling for rule of law,fairness and equity in line with known criminal procedures.They are demanding the resignation of the Rivers Chief judge who they say is a 'loyal legal Adviser to the PDP and Gov.Wike.

They are also calling on the National judicial council(NJC)to probe the activities of Rivers state judicial officers as well as the immediate resignation of Justice Iyayi Laminkara as the state Chief judge for attempting to arraign an accused without a police investigation or report.

Image Credit: Sir Ikenda

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/civil-society-members-protest-in-port.html
The political chaos in Rivers state is the legacy of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Clap for him.

8 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by onismate: 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hi
RZArecta:
Ojukaiye is a murderer and murder is not a bail able crime but of course the APC zombies and hirelings won't know that since its their fellow killer facing prison time. The details of his crimes were all over the internet during the governorship elections in Rivers state. Ojukaiye is the catalyst of the present crisis in Buguma town and the law must take its full course .

Zombies and efulefus will never understand or agree with logical reason
thank you for your great comment, thank God I was there when the did happened. The ojukaye guy is 100% guilty. Imagine a popular politician like him running a human being over with his car like an animal. This is murder case. Thank God for my life that day. It would have been me and my friends the so called politician who have killed. I am not from rivers state but I could remember that day that this incident happened. This man was ranting, almost held some corpers hostage that election day. He and his boys were ready to kill. Na so me and my friends run find our way. Before we held that he has killed someone. Let the law take its full course on this case.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by kachnov(m): 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Really ??He has a murder case and all they can do is protest??
smh

3 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by raker300: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
dreamwords:
angry
the tribalistic part is spot on. Even google knows them.
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by doctorbabs(m): 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Christian terrorist on rampage in Rivers and Bayelsa
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by stagger: 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
He deserves justice or he should face justice?

Since when did murder become a bailable offence?

1 Like

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by AngelAhnie(f): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wike is a good learner cool

He is following bubu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by RZArecta(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
onismate:
Hi thank you for your great comment, thank God I was there when the did happened. The ojukaye guy is 100% guilty. Imagine a popular politician like him running a human being over with his car like an animal. This is murder case. Thank God for my life that day. It would have been me and my friends the so called politician who have killed. I am not from rivers state but I could remember that day that this incident happened. This man was ranting, almost held some corpers hostage that election day. He and his boys were ready to kill. Na so me and my friends run find our way. Before we held that he has killed someone. Let the law take its full course on this case.
the problem we have in Nigeria right now is that many people are now blinded to crimes just because of partisan politics, Chidi Lloyd got away with attempted murder just because of Amaechi, Ojukaiye should not be allowed to get away with actual murder.

5 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by nortcentrallord(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Orikinla:
The political chaos in Rivers state is the legacy of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Clap for him.

Just as the mention of Jesus gives the Devil nightmare so does the mention of GEJ kills your nerves sprouting erec*tion. I pity you though.

7 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by wilcox(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
This guy is guilty as charged and it is for the court to decide if to grant him bail or not. This is someone that stormed a pooling unit during the rerun election in Rivers state shot his uncle and killed him on the spot as if that was not enough, he ramped his SUV car on a serving youth corper that was on electoral duty.
OJK baba, Vicky fine boy pikin wey Sabi, last last you enter sanko

6 Likes

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by onismate: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
RZArecta:
the problem we have in Nigeria right now is that many people are now blinded to crimes just because of partisan politics, Chidi Lloyd got away with attempted murder just because of Amaechi, Ojukaiye should not be allowed to get away with actual murder.
exactly...

1 Like

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by tammie24: 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
So a murderer should be released abi

If na their family member this man kill will they come out to protest and how is he different from the other murderers in prison who also have health issues

By the way

The people way dey protest no reach 10 sef they say thousands

People get mind to be APC members for Rivers state sha

What's my own!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Attempts To Drink Gutter Water In Celebration Of Governor Ganduje / Charles Soludo's Inaugural Address As Anambra State Governor (Photos) / John James Akpanudoedehe Dumps APC, Heads To NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.