Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Going Further With Sack Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Going Further With Sack Farming (12657 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Glad many did attempt growing with sacks and some did take us along their journey. Snags were encountered, Knowledge was shared.....fresh looking cucumbers were harvested! grin

There are so much that same sack can offer. The mind should be triggered and spread beyond cucumbers as tomatoes, cabbages, celery, spring onion, capsicum, aubergine (eggplant) butternut squash, French bean, lettuce, strawberry.....let the imagination run wild, experimenting shapes knowledge.

5 Likes

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by lanre2009: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Will be joining the league soon. Thanks again for the bags bro....

Pavore9:
Glad many did attempt growing with sacks and some did take us along their journey. Snags were encountered, Knowledge was shared.....fresh looking cucumbers were harvested! grin

There are so much that same sack can offer. The mind should be triggered and spread beyond cucumbers as tomatoes, cabbages, celery, spring onion, capsicum, aubergine (eggplant) butternut squash, French bean, lettuce, strawberry.....let the imagination run wild, experimenting shapes knowledge.

1 Share

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
lanre2009:
Will be joining the league soon. Thanks again for the bags bro....

You are welcome. Currently involved with a project centred around preservation of farm produce....no construction, no electricity and easily set up and dismantled within minutes and easily carried around in a hand bag. Takes care of about 200kg of produce at a go....a real game changer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by lanre2009: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
There is so much to learn, I'll surely make out time to come over for training in Kenya before I set out.

Pavore9:

You are welcome. Currently involved with a project centred around preservation of farm produce....no construction, no electricity and easily set up and dismantled within minutes and easily carried around in a hand bag. Takes care of about 200kg of produce at a go....a real game changer.
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
lanre2009:
There is so much to learn, I'll surely make out time to come over for training in Kenya before I set out.

Another Nairalander is transiting through Kenya and would tomorrow be visiting the dairy farmer who rears his 100 cows on 3 plots and a farm nearby that is into organic herbs and spices before he flies off to his destination. There is really so much to learn,

2 Likes

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by LegatusGlaber(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pavore9:

I am really interested in this
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by kmillionaire2002: 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
Experimenting carrot in a sack.

1 Like

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by miqos02(m): 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
nice one
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by obagoriola: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pavore please keep it up one of this days I will visit Kenya for these training
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
obagoriola:
Pavore please keep it up one of this days I will visit Kenya for these training

You are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
kmillionaire2002:

Good to see that someone experimenting with a root crop and you are on your way to know what works and what doesn't.
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Mercie123(f): 12:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Pavore9:

Good to see that someone experimenting with a root crop and you are on your way to know what works and what doesn't.

kmillionaire2002:

That's really nice! I believe it'll work.

1 Like

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by jendy36(m): 6:52am On Jul 06, 2016
I'm loving this
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by danzite(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
pls ooo I want to start an organic ( sack) farm in port Harcourt on a small (experimental) scale..the price estimates from the seed companies are beyond my budget. I need carrot, tomatoes and cucumba seeds in small quantities. I'll pay for them. 08039472379
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Newway2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Am seriously interested in ds. Hope u will inform us when d project becomes life? It will go a long way in reducing farm losses.

Pavore9:

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by dmz1: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2016
oga pavore9 please how our where can I get these sacks? also may you get the seed of Rhodes grass that is used in grazing goat for me over there in Kenya?

1 Like

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by dmz1: 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
lanre2009 how did you get the bags?
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by mimmmms(f): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
My cabbages in sacks

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
mimmmms:
My cabbages in sacks

You deserve the thumb up! Which variety is this?

1 Like

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
dmz1:
oga pavore9 please how our where can I get these sacks? also may you get the seed of Rhodes grass that is used in grazing goat for me over there in Kenya?

Kenya seeds company sells the seeds but l do not know how much.
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by lanre2009: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pavore9 got the bags for me from Kenya. They are a bit expensive. The plan is to search around for the materials and replicate them. I believe with that we will produce them at a cheaper rate

dmz1:
lanre2009 how did you get the bags?
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by mimmmms(f): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
danzite:
pls ooo I want to start an organic ( sack) farm in port Harcourt on a small (experimental) scale..the price estimates from the seed companies are beyond my budget. I need carrot, tomatoes and cucumba seeds in small quantities. I'll pay for them. 08039472379
danzite:
Agritropics port harcourt 0806 545 8262 I doubt if dey'll have carrots

2 Likes

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by lanre2009: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
Really nice. In the video i attached below, the vertical sack farmer outlined a way she uses her bag for farming, she plants lettuces, spinach, etc on the sides of the bags, while she divides the top of the bag into four parts and plants crops like cabbages, carrots, onions etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DduV2SGhJDU

mimmmms:
My cabbages in sacks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
lanre2009:
Really nice. In the video i attached below, the vertical sack farmer outlined a way she uses her bag for farming, she plants lettuces, spinach, etc on the sides of the bags, while she divides the top of the bag into four parts and plants crops like cabbages, carrots, onions etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DduV2SGhJDU

The woman is one of real impact's certified trainer and reseller in Nairobi, Kangemi neighbourhood. She is really making good money from the venture.

1 Like

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by mimmmms(f): 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dats d variety[quote author=Pavore9 post=47275619]
You deserve the thumb up! Which variety is this?

Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
mimmmms:
Dats d variety

Seminis products are hybrid How much did this 10g pack cost?
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by dmz1: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
Kenya seeds company sells the seeds but l do not know how much.

please do enquire when you have the opportunity. I would like to get the seeds at any cost especially this rainy season.
God bless
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 7:01am On Jul 07, 2016
dmz1:

please do enquire when you have the opportunity. I would like to get the seeds at any cost especially this rainy season.
God bless

OK. Will have that checked out before the day runs out.
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
dmz1:

God bless

It will be tomorrow as today is public holiday.
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by dmz1: 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
It will be tomorrow as today is public holiday.
Thank you very much brother. I appreciate your goodness and concern.
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by mimmmms(f): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Cnt really remember but it wasn't up to 2500 naira..got it from plateau state..@pavore9 I need that kinda sack in the video
Re: Going Further With Sack Farming by Pavore9: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
mimmmms:
Cnt really remember but it wasn't up to 2500 naira..got it from plateau state..@pavore9 I need that kinda sack in the video

Send me a PM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sell Your Products Online / Anambra Signs MOU With Chelsea Farms: Poised To Boost Food Production / Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.