Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars (777 Views)

Us Rapper Ludacris’ Trip To Nigeria Cancelled / Busta Rhymes, Ludacris Come For Star Mega Jam 2009 / Who's The King Of The South Between T I And Ludacris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by rasputinn(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2009
Talk about a one-man stimulus package: Grammy-winning rapper Ludacris has given away 20 cars to people who wrote about their struggles to keep their jobs for a lack of wheels of their own.Ludacris said he was taken aback after reading thousands of essays by people struggling or unable to buy cars needed to get to and from work or find jobs. The 31-year-old rapper felt he could step in and move them ahead, partnering with a suburban Atlanta dealership for Sunday's giveaway.
"People are getting laid off, and now are looking for jobs," Ludacris said. "To be efficient, you need some transportation of your own to get there. That's why I wanted to give back to those who need it."
Each of the used vehicles included free gas for 30 days. Winning contestants were responsible for tags, registration, tax and insurance. About 4,000 contestants submitted a 300-word essay to the rapper's foundation, explaining why they deserved a car.
One of the most touching stories Ludacris read was by Mading Duor.
Duor described how he moved to the United States six years ago after his mother, father, and five brothers and sisters were killed in Sudan. The man also wrote that a son was killed by a drunken driver in Atlanta a few years back.
"His story touched my heart," Ludacris said. "He's endured so much in his life and he's still here standing. I'm very proud to have helped him."
Duor, 33, has been able to keep a steady job at a school, but each day he felt stressed about how he was going to get to work. No longer.
"I'm so happy, that I'm nervous," said Duor, who won a Nissan Maxima. "When I look at my new car, I say to myself, 'Is this really happening?'"
Crystal Beauford, a single mother who used to ride the bus to two jobs and school, now has a Saturn Ion. The 26-year-old college student doesn't know how to drive the stick-shift vehicle, but said she'll learn.
"This is going to help me out so much," Beauford said. "It's a blessing."
Ludacris won Grammys for Best Rap Album for "Release Therapy" and Best Rap Song for "Money Maker."

It will be recalled that since 2001,the Ludacris foundation has donated around $500,000.00 to support grassroots organisations as well as over 3,500 hours in devoted service to young people across America

http://new.music.yahoo.com/ludacris/news/rapper-ludacris-gives-away-cars-to-contest-winners--61993597

Fellow nairalanders do you know of any of our so-called music or nollywood "celebrities" who have done or is doing something like that to give back to the society.Personally I haven't seen any,all I hear is so-called "stars" who invade churches,fight church officials,distrupt service shocked shocked :ojust to recover their vehicle being used by their own lovers angry angry

So let's hear your views
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by unix4real1(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2009
Haaaaaaaa shocked pray make god no slap your mouth o. I heared of Tuface and Dbanj giving out food stuffs,clothes and money to some motherless baby`s home but i never heared of giving out cars undecided You can`t compare them with the foreign artists abi how much you dey buy their CDs? comparing to how much you dey the original foriegn CD`s.
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by MrCrackles(m): 11:24am On Sep 08, 2009
unix4real1:

Haaaaaaaa shocked pray make god no slap your mouth o. I heared of Tuface and Dbanj giving out food stuffs,clothes and money to some motherless baby`s home but i never heared of giving out cars undecided You can`t compare them with the foreign artists abi how much you dey buy their CDs? comparing to how much you dey the original foriegn CD`s.
LOL
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by nana(f): 11:30am On Sep 08, 2009
rasputinn:

Talk about a one-man stimulus package: Grammy-winning rapper Ludacris has given away 20 cars to people who wrote about their struggles to keep their jobs for a lack of wheels of their own.Ludacris said he was taken aback after reading thousands of essays by people struggling or unable to buy cars needed to get to and from work or find jobs. The 31-year-old rapper felt he could step in and move them ahead, partnering with a suburban Atlanta dealership for Sunday's giveaway.
"People are getting laid off, and now are looking for jobs," Ludacris said. "To be efficient, you need some transportation of your own to get there. That's why I wanted to give back to those who need it."
Each of the used vehicles included free gas for 30 days. Winning contestants were responsible for tags, registration, tax and insurance. About 4,000 contestants submitted a 300-word essay to the rapper's foundation, explaining why they deserved a car.
One of the most touching stories Ludacris read was by Mading Duor.
Duor described how he moved to the United States six years ago after his mother, father, and five brothers and sisters were killed in Sudan. The man also wrote that a son was killed by a drunken driver in Atlanta a few years back.
"His story touched my heart," Ludacris said. "He's endured so much in his life and he's still here standing. I'm very proud to have helped him."
Duor, 33, has been able to keep a steady job at a school, but each day he felt stressed about how he was going to get to work. No longer.
"I'm so happy, that I'm nervous," said Duor, who won a Nissan Maxima. "When I look at my new car, I say to myself, 'Is this really happening?'"
Crystal Beauford, a single mother who used to ride the bus to two jobs and school, now has a Saturn Ion. The 26-year-old college student doesn't know how to drive the stick-shift vehicle, but said she'll learn.
"This is going to help me out so much," Beauford said. "It's a blessing."
Ludacris won Grammys for Best Rap Album for "Release Therapy" and Best Rap Song for "Money Maker."

It will be recalled that since 2001,the Ludacris foundation has donated around $500,000.00 to support grassroots organisations as well as over 3,500 hours in devoted service to young people across America

http://new.music.yahoo.com/ludacris/news/rapper-ludacris-gives-away-cars-to-contest-winners--61993597

Fellow nairalanders do you know of any of our so-called music or nollywood "celebrities" who have done or is doing something like that to give back to the society.Personally I haven't seen any,all I hear is so-called "stars" who invade churches,fight church officials,distrupt service  shocked shocked :ojust to recover their vehicle being used by their own lovers  angry angry

So let's hear your views
Dude,not all fingers are equal. He is Ludacris not Timaya. He is rich enough to do it,that's y he did it. Most of these 9ja artistes,am sure,are being looked up to by their family members for assistance. That alone is enough. That they are popular dont mean they should blow their own trumpets. U cant be so quick to judge cos some of them might have done something as good as what Ludacris did,anonymously.
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by slimshay(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ poster, ffs, if you dont know something, ask? so called celebrities?! FYI, they do give!!!
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by rasputinn(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
slimshay:

@ poster, ffs, if you dont know something, ask? so called celebrities?! FYI, they do give!!!

Most of 'em are really so-called as there can not be two sets of definitions for the word celebrity
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by rasputinn(m): 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
nana:

He is Ludacris not Timaya.

I agree as I never heard Luda went to a church to crea8 a scene just so he could recover his lover's car

nana:

Most of these 9ja artistes,am sure,are being looked up to by their family members for assistance. That alone is enough. That they are popular dont mean they should blow their own trumpets.

I have to say you got a point there,bearing in mind the kind of economic climate we live in,but climate or no climate,most artistes,even Nigerian artistes I know,wont mind allowing their lover/ex to keep a car she was using while the going was good

nana:

. U cant be so quick to judge cos some of them might have done something as good as what Ludacris did,anonymously.

Hey,sist march am there,none of them done do am
Re: Rapper Ludacris Gives Away Twenty Cars by rasputinn(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2009
unix4real1:

Haaaaaaaa shocked pray make god no slap your mouth o.

Shoulda told ya soona,no god can slap me mouth,not even your god
BTW,I only recognise one God and He won't slap me,I'm too precious to Him

unix4real1:

I heared of Tuface and Dbanj giving out food stuffs,clothes and money to some motherless baby`s home but i never heared of giving out cars undecided

Oh I see,thanks for the info, I no know before,good of them

unix4real1:

You can`t compare them with the foreign artists abi how much you dey buy their CDs? comparing to how much you dey the original foriegn CD`s.

No be lie my broda, I agree

(1) (Reply)

Your Best Ama '09 Performances/moments / R. Kelly's 'untitled' Is The No. 1 R&b Album In The Country / Download New Beats At Www.alabamix.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.