Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu (2909 Views)

2019: Even If PDP Picks My Son As Party Chairman, I Will Still Contest - Fayose / Edo: You Are Campaigning For Me – Iduoriyekemwen To Ize-iyamu / Oshiomhole To Ize-iyamu: You’ll Go To Jail First Before Probing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ahead of the September 10, 2016 governorship election in Edo State, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has picked a former local government chairman in Esan North East Local Government, Hon John Yakubu, as running mate to its governorship candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

The decision was taken Saturday in Benin at a meeting held at the residence of a former Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the PDP, Chief Tony Anenih.

Recalled that the PDP had earlier zoned the position of the running mate of its governorship candidate to the Edo Central senatorial district.

The meeting had in attendance notable politicians from the Edo Central, who had been touted as likely running mates such as Hon Friday Itulah, Hon Akhere Ugbesia, Hon John Yakubu, Hon Felix Akhabue, Mrs. Philomena Ihenyen, and Felix Imosili.

The governorship candidate of the party, Pastor Ize-Iyamu; Edo State chairman of the PDP, Dan Orbih and leaders of the party across the three senatorial districts of the state were also at the meeting.

It was gathered that a consensus agreement was reached to pick Yakubu as running mate as majority of the leaders of the party endorsed his candidacy.

Meanwhile some youth who have been drumming up support for the Prince Odi Okojie, the husband of the famous movie actress Mercy Johnson Okojie, has been protesting the selection of Mr. John Yakubu who is seen as one of the most popular politician in Esan land, having served meritoriously as the Chairman of Esan North East Local Government.

John Yakubu was also perceived to have been cheated out by the Government of Adam Oshiomhole in his second electoral bid to re-ascend the chairmanship seat. Twice, an election, which he is much touted to have won was cancelled allegedly at the whim of the comrade governor.

Great choice.

www.ipnnews.info/eedo-2016-pdp-picks-john-yakubu-as-running-mate-to-ize-iyamu/
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Just check my analysis as at January. That's to show you how grand I am with Edo politics.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by Ohammadike: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
The incoming deputy governor

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
He was chosen at the residence of Tony Anenih? If we dare vote these people in come Sept. 10th, they would. Be governing Edo State from Tony Anenih's Sitting room! I pity those kids who are shouting Ize-Iyamu. If they know him very well, anytime they hear his name, they would take to their heels. Someone who single-handedly masterminded the looting of Edo State treasury for 8yrs cannot come back and tell us he wants to rule us. He's an enemy of the State!

Obaseki we know!!

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ohammadike:
The incoming deputy governor

You can make him the Deputy Governor of your backward State not my Edo State. We've long said goodbye to PDP in Edo State!

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by Jorussia(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

You can make him the Deputy Governor of your backward State not my Edo State. We've long said goodbye to PDP in Edo State!
bros i urge you to let this guy be.APC victory in Edo state will be landslide. It is the federal govt that is not yet fully stable (which gave rise to the increase in goods) that is making them believe they can win Edo state.

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:
He was chosen at the residence of Tony Anenih? If we dare vote these people in come Sept. 10th, they would. Be governing Edo State from Tony Anenih's Sitting room! I pity those kids who are shouting Ize-Iyamu. If they know him very well, anytime they hear his name, they would take to their heels. Someone who single-handedly masterminded the looting of Edo State treasury for 8yrs cannot come back and tell us he wants to rule us. He's an enemy of the State!

Obaseki we know!!

Go and sitdown. Hypocrites. Oshiomole killed Edo State and Obaseki who helped in diversion of all tax payers money you didnt see that. Where was Obaseki selected b4 that primary show that is causing trouble for you APC party. Guess you know Joe Okojie, a broda to Mercy Johnson's husband is one of the preferred candidate for Obaseki and this said meeting took place in Iyamoh. Oshiomole's parlour.

Hypocrisy is when you say no more Godfatherism in Edo and the greatest Godfather in APC is Oshiomole who single handedly pick Obaseki.

Meanwhile when the going was good.

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jorussia:
bros i urge you to let this guy be.APC victory in Edo state will be landslide. It is the federal govt that is not yet fully stable (which gave rise to the increase in goods) that is making them believe they can win Edo state.

That was how they had the false impression that they would win Abuja Council Polls Election but were later disappointed when they couldn't even secure of Area Council. APGA did better than them in that polls. Anyways, they should continue hallucinating. It's allowed!

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

Obaseki we know!!

You didn't read the last paragraph. What the acclaimed one man one vote pioneer did to a rightful winner of an election.

NextGovernor:
John Yakubu was also perceived to have been cheated out by the Government of Adam Oshiomhole in his second electoral bid to re-ascend the chairmanship seat. Twice, an election, which he is much touted to have won was cancelled allegedly at the whim of the comrade governor.
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:

Go and sitdown. Hypocrites. Oshiomole killed Edo State and Obaseki who helped in diversion of all tax payers money you didnt see that. Where was Obaseki selected b4 that primary show that is causing trouble for you APC party. Guess you know Joe Okojie, a broda to Mercy Johnson's husband is one of the preferred candidate for Obaseki and this said meeting took place in Iyamoh. Oshiomole's parlour.

Hypocrisy is when you say no more Godfatherism in Edo and the greatest Godfather in APC is Oshiomole who single handedly pick Obaseki.

Go and sit down. I can see you're just blabbing. Lest I forget, some PDP members organized a protest against Ize-Iyamu immediately after the Presidential Election when he diverted Jonathan's campaign/election monitoring funds for Edo State. I guess APC also organized that?! Ize-Iyamu has been a thief, he's still stealing and would continue to steal. Edo State treasury is no longer available for him. We out-rightly reject him!

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:

You didn't read the last paragraph. What the acclaimed one man one vote pioneer did to a rightful winner of an election.

What does Ize-Iyamu have to offer to Edo people? Pls tell us. We want issue-based campaign not name-calling.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by bender79: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Over confidence dey worry PDP. Meanwhile most of those shouting don't live in Edo...but we are watching abi na sept 10

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

Go and sit down. I can see you're just blabbing. Lest I forget, some PDP members organized a protest against Ize-Iyamu immediately after the Presidential Election when he diverted Jonathan's campaign/election monitoring funds for Edo State. I guess APC also organized that?! Ize-Iyamu has been a thief, he's still stealing and would continue to steal. Edo State treasury is no longer available for him. We out-rightly reject him!

You see why I call you hypocrite. Check that fraud link of Obaseki and tell me why we will accept a man that hasn't gain power but has such huge fraud allegation of 16mil dollar against him.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/22/house-cttee-
probes-edo-gubernatorial-candidates-firm-for-16m-fraud/
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:

You see why I call you hypocrite. Check that fraud link of Obaseki and tell me why we will accept a man that hasn't gain power but has such huge fraud allegation of 16mil dollar against him.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/22/house-cttee-
probes-edo-gubernatorial-candidates-firm-for-16m-fraud/

Is Ize-Iyamu a thief or not? When he was the CoS and later SSG to Lucky, didn't they fail? Someone who was a failure 9yrs ago and even still failed last year during the Presidential Election, how would he pass now? Has he changed? We can't trust him with our treasury.

Besides, you expect me to open that link to view the politically-motivated probe? Nah!

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by jlinkd78(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:
Just check my analysis as at January. That's to show you how grand I am with Edo politics.
Octopus dey learn work be that. Ur prediction with precision makes u a man with great prescient knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

Is Ize-Iyamu a thief or not? When he was the CoS and later SSG to Lucky, didn't they fail? Someone who was a failure 9yrs ago and even still failed last year during the Presidential Election, how would he pass now? Has he changed? We can't trust him with our treasury.

Besides, you expect me to open that link to view the politically-motivated probe? Nah!

You are not in Edo State Bro. PDP failed last presidential election in Edo? The last time I checked PDP has 5 House of Rep members against APC 2, 2 Senators against APC 1. So Bro what are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by DIKEnaWAR: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
What happened to Mercy Johnson's husband? The only man that runs for the office of Deputy Governor on a sole and seperate ticket.
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
Anenih is always fixing people into political office...This election is going to be a test of how much influence he still has on Edo state politics.
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
What happened to Mercy Johnson's husband? The only man that runs for the office of Deputy Governor on a sole and seperate ticket.

That guy is novice when it comes to party politics. I have never seen where DG is contested. Worst of it he wasn't even among the selected candidates to be nominated.
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by DIKEnaWAR: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

That was how they had the false impression that they would win Abuja Council Polls Election but were later disappointed when they couldn't even secure of Area Council. APGA did better than them in that polls. Anyways, they should continue hallucinating. It's allowed!

FCT Area council elections were heavily rigged by that ghost-face Minister. He couldn't rig that of Gwagwalada because the man they were counting on refused to support their candidate. He supported the APGA guy. I won't say more.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:

You are not in Edo State Bro. PDP failed last presidential election in Edo? The last time I checked PDP has 5 House of Rep members against APC 2, 2 Senators against APC 1. So Bro what are you talking about?

I didn't say PDP failed in Edo State during the Presidential Election. I meant he failed when he was given money to disburse. Besides, what happened to PDP in Edo State during the State Houses of Assembly Election is what we're gonna repeat come September 10th. We neither brag nor blab!

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

I didn't say PDP failed in Edo State during the Presidential Election. I meant he failed when he was given money to disburse. Besides, what happened to PDP in Edo State during the State Houses of Assembly Election is what we're gonna repeat come September 10th. We neither brag nor blab!

Alright let's wait and see.
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by sosanova: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
[size=13pt] grin grin grin
What a wicked combination
It's is officially over for Oshiomole and APC in Edo State
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
sosanova:
[size=13pt]grin grin grin
What a wicked combination
It's is officially over for Oshiomole and APC in Edo State
[/size]

How come you know what's happening in Edo when you're in Aba?! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by royallord1(m): 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

guy ur ignorance dey smell...
did oshiomole or any body or government agency in nigeria issue one court case against him... his principal (lucky) said secretary do a letter to the account general ofthe state to pay this and that.... is dat not his job.. obey oga instruction... was he signatry to edostate account... please argue with intelligence..
obaseki on the under hand has a major fraud case over his heard to the tune of 5.5billion dollars...
we are talking sense u are talking non sense

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
royallord1:

guy ur ignorance dey smell...
did oshiomole or any court in nigeria issue one court against him... his principal (lucky) said secretary do a letter to the account general ofthe state to pay this and that.... is dat not his job.. obey oga instruction... was he signatry to edostate account... please argue with intelligence..
obaseki on the under hand has a major fraud case over his heard to the tune of 5.5billion dollars...
we are talking sense u are talking non sense

Stop blabbing abeg. Who organized the protest against Ize-Iyamu immediately after the 2015 Presidential Election?! I guess it was also the handiwork of APC?! Ize-Iyamu can't boast of any development in Edo State when he was the CoS and SSG, yet he wants to develop Edo after 9yrs. Is that possible? If the Governor fails, shouldn't we blame the SSG as well? Abeg go siddon joor!

Obaseki is our next Governor. Deal with that!

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
sosanova:
[size=13pt] grin grin grin What a wicked combination It's is officially over for Oshiomole and APC in Edo State[/size]
Mr. John Yakubu, are u goin to force me to vote 4 u?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

Stop blabbing abeg. Who organized the protest against Ize-Iyamu immediately after the 2015 Presidential Election?! I guess it was also the handiwork of APC?! Ize-Iyamu can't boast of any development in Edo State when he was the CoS and SSG, yet he wants to develop Edo after 9yrs. Is that possible? If the Governor fails, shouldn't we blame the SSG as well? Abeg go siddon joor!

You are ignorant sorry to say this. Since when SSG to Government be it LG, State or Fed start doing capital project?

Which court declared Ize Iyamu stole money or corrupt?
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by id911(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
donphilopus:

If this Pastor Ize-Iyamu is a bad person as you claimed, why then did Adams Oshiomole appoint him as his campaign DG some years back?I understand Oshiomole worked with him closely untill they felt apart, why did Oshiomole work with a supposed corrupt man?
Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by bender79: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:

You are ignorant sorry to say this. Since when SSG to Government be it LG, State or Fed start doing capital project?

Anything connected to Lucky igbenedion and Tony anenih is bound to fail in Edo. Adams will use his power of incumbency to the fullest .Watch the coming days and weeks ahead.no be who first call police the win case

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by donphilopus: 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
NextGovernor:

He couldn't influence the Governor then?! He was responsible for many actions taken then. Or was he?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: PDP Picks John Yakubu As Running Mate To Ize Iyamu by NextGovernor(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
id911:

If this Pastor Ize-Iyamu is a bad person as you claimed, why then did Adams Oshiomole appoint him as his campaign DG some years back?I understand Oshiomole worked with him closely untill they felt apart, why did Oshiomole work with a supposed corrupt man?

Help me ask them. They always thinking from one side.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is The Best Performing President In Africa / Presidency Replies Arewa Youths Letter To Osinbajo On Biafra Secession / The Return Of Traffic Lights In Port Harcourt Metropolis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.