Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,805 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (63016 Views)

RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today / Solomon Dalung Meets His Classmate At Airport In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by juitar(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Is a pity dt dis government is nt sensitive @all. I wish dey av idea wat ppu go tru b4 dey eat,I wsh dey knw thousands of jobles ppu out dere,I wsh dey knw hw many coperate beggers on d street of lagos. So guyz wey no fit go rob/do yahoo n ladies wey no fit do olosho make dem no huzzle for street again. Wat a pity!

7 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by fuadnero(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
hottest111:
Dis is total rubbish.. Oya..Let them provide jobs 4 dem instead.

Which Job ?. Can't we for once live decently. Roads are for transportation not for selling. We need to be more organized and raise our standard. If you want to trade invest in the trade by renting a proper shop. This is the way it is done in developed societies. Do you know how much we waste everyday in unnecessary traffic due to traders occupying half of the road together with health and safety problems involved

9 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
If governance is actually this, I wonder why I surrendered my sovereignty to the state in its so called social contract. Where are the palliatives for the poor? You ask people to stop hawking and eat what? If hawking on the road is wrong then living in inhuman penury is beta. African Leaders need to understand what leadership is.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by frank442: 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
The law is blind
Serve them right they eboyin boy are growing wing
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Yksoul(m): 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
BUT SERIOUSLY,WHAT DO YOU WANT THE TRADERS TO EAT? WHEN THE MEANS OF SURVIVAL HAS BE BLOCKED,WHEN THE GOVERNOR HAS NOT PROVIDED SUFFICIENT JOBS FOR THESE PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ChimaAdeoye: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
The poor people in Nigeria have no where to run to.
God will judge this administration.

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by tonio2wo: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:
They are all goat serve them the punishment they deserve
You joined nairaland at 2013, by all means u should be in your late 20s or older. And this is what u have to say about this? I believe u have something tangible doing, thank God for that and pray not to be in these people's shoes. You dont know how rough it has been for most of them to resort to make a descent living of the trade. Yes! It might be a good policy by the LSG but calling them goats is rather too cruel from you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Rolings: 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
mekonglobal:
During campaign they will gather them to vote for them, after they hv won, they make a law baning them from their means of livelihood...hmmm Nigeria leaders...hmmm be wise oo

Whose vote are you referring to, I suppose it's not those igbo votes that went for PDP that ensured ibo have some house of reps and state house seats .

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by AdaAnambra: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Taiyescott(m): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
Arresting dem aint d solutn, is nt lyk dy dnt wnt 2 get shop bt derez no MONEY!!

5 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by AdaAnambra: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by notoriousbabe: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
No wonder I no see VickyRotex Aminat508 funjosh and osusumustflow for market today. Ambode don arrest dem and send dem go better prison wey big pass nairaland own cheesy
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by tonio2wo: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
ajasa4link:
This is a welcome development...... More arrests should be made, the young ones among them should be taken to welfare, while the older ones should be taken to detention centres where they can learn a particular trade/ handwork. This should however come with a prize, they should be made to farm and the produce should be sold by the government to generate more internal generated revenue which can then be re invested in the society at large. If it is done this way, the government will succeed in saving more lives, ensuring the hawkers get empowered and also make some little cash
The only sensible post so far. Wise talk ajasa!

5 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by loomer: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
As long as those yeye officers no start to molest people children and wives sha
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by shumuel(m): 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Islie:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ban-on-street-hawking-hundred-of-traders-arrested-in-lagos/153795.html

Thats what they get for being stupiid and destroying those BRT buses, wonder when most Nigerians will get some sense up in there head, if it was in the military era and i was a General in charge, Lord help them cause i would had sent them to firing squad.

Two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by maxtop(m): 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Many of the change they promise us. More to come. grin
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onepluone: 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Rolings:

Whose vote are you referring to, I suppose it's not those igbo votes that went for PDP that ensured ibo have some house of reps and state house seats .

All are affected, stop using tribe to divide us or justify Ambode wickedness. Yorubas are worst affected than any other groups.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Actor101: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
U must be out of ur sense.......How do they want them to survive put ur self in their shoes
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by LuveU2(f): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
wristbangle:
Even though I support the implementation of this ban, alternate means suppose to be provided for these hawkers to survive.
Exactly my thoughts too. This will lead to more crimes, sadly.

Meanwhile dearie pls show support for falconey in the upcoming mr nairaland contest. We are counting on people like you smiley I hope you reply baby!

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Deepfreezer(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
BetterChurch:
The hard reality! Many should be contemplating leaving Lagos, the earlier the better
are you aware some of the hawkers are Lagosians
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Eve62(f): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:

Oshi! I think u are d bigger goat. Pepo like u DAT can hardly afford three quare meal forming aje. Olodo!
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by pilotab55(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
It pains me 4 some pple on this platform, some just open there mouth to say rubblish. Hawkers were arrested and u are happy. Most of them are bread winner in thEir family of which ambode too know fully well.some without stepping outside a day no food 4 d family. If nigeria is good today will u see this hawkers. Majority of them vote 4 APC,sai chai.who lyk suffer make the person click like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by mekonglobal(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Rolings:

Hey mista or miss ...i'm not one of those bigot who hop around every thread trying to cause a stir, whenever i make a comment like d above which u quoted, i do so in the interest of Nigerians.. So quit ur bigotry games i'm nt interested.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by hottest111: 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
toyetade:

Which Job ?. Can't we for once live decently. Roads are for transportation not for selling. We need to be more organized and raise our standard. If you want to trade invest in the trade by renting a proper shop. This is the way it is done in developed societies. Do you know how much we waste everyday in unnecessary traffic due to traders occupying half of the road together with health and safety problems involved
Guy, most of these hawkers n traders don't have enough capital to rent a proper shop, so by Hawking their product they'll be able to make enough money to at least rent a shop. Most people don't knw what the common man is going thru, they sit in their comfort zone n be talking trash..
Bro, think about it..Re these hawkers not still better than those touts (agbero) who forcefully collect money from commercial driver. Let the government take care of those tout first..

5 Likes

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by milky3(f): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
how do you expect people to cope in this hardship economy? you should have given them ultimatum that will allow them find a new means... I pity those people

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by tonio2wo: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
toyetade:

Rent which shops? Is it the ones they come in the middle of the night to demolish and burn with all the traders wares in it? Which developed society does that?
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by konkonbilo(m): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
I like this.come to Ikotun and you'll see what those road traders do, they think only about them selves and not other road users,they take half of the road and the pedestrian walk way. the pedestrian start pushing them selves and risking their life with the oncoming vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by cytellProperty: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
You begged for their votes, now you deprive them of earning a living when you got into power. i sympathize with vulnerable Nigerians who APC has deceived.
Islie:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ban-on-street-hawking-hundred-of-traders-arrested-in-lagos/153795.html

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by goodforsomthing: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:

Did you expect them to go and steal ,the government should provide something else for then to be doing o.if not I see arm robbers in the making, Naijabet man say so
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by johnmartus(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
tonio2wo:

You joined nairaland at 2013, by all means u should be in your late 20s or older. And this is what u have to say about this? I believe u have something tangible doing, thank God for that and don't pray to be in these people's shoes. You dont know hoe rough it has been for them to resort to make a descent living of the trade. Yes! It might be a good policy by the LSG but calling them goats is rather to cruel from you.
there was no rational explanation in your submission there is another means for them to sell their goods without hawking around the street most of them take the government for granted thinking that nothing government will do if they cut in the process its a law which was made known to the public respect the law of the land
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Bluffly: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
jerryunit48:
Eeyaaa Nigeria is not yet ripe for this kind of law o even though it is for a good reason but people need to survive now
when will Nigeria be ripe? Just start. One activity will lead to the other

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Polls: Anti-tinubu Protesters Ground Abuja, Demand Interim Govt, Fresh Polls / Bala Mohammed Weds Natasha Mariana, His Lebanese 2nd Wife (Photos, Video) / People Celebrate Orji Kalu's Supreme Court Victory In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.