Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Is Formatting The Only Option? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Formatting The Only Option? (609 Views)

Alternative Way To Solve Ur Pc Restarting Issue Witout Formatting The Harddrive / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Formatting The Only Option? by slap1(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2009
plz guyz i have a situation here: my laptop(hp 530 windows vista) just started hanging after i installed a Rising anti-virus in it. it takes more time to boot, to open files and the anti vitus won't uninstall. what do i do as i'm not a guru as such, even my visafone modem now gives me a "not responding" message. wot do i do?
Re: Is Formatting The Only Option? by deji2009(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
@slap1 HP530 my favorite brand, so you"re taking to an expert on hp and compaqs do the followings please

turn it off

back on

pressing f10 (bios)

got to diagnostics
&
primary hard disk self test(long one)

and give us the result please

if the hard drive test pass which am hoping so then it
means the hardware is working if the hd test failed
Re: Is Formatting The Only Option? by xbernardx(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
that is the more reason why you should not use any software because someone recommended them. restart your system, immediately it comes on, press F8 until a menu pops up with safe mode as the first choice
select RESTORE WITH DIRECTORY, somethng like that, select your operating system and allow it to boot, when the system comes on, a pop up box will come out, slect NO
it will take you to a screen where u can restore your system to an earlier date, select a dark date before your problem statred and clic NEXT
click OK, the system will restart and off goes the RAVant with your probs. hope this helps you out.
Re: Is Formatting The Only Option? by deji2009(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
when in safe mode try getting to control panel , then uninstall the software. This will remove all attributed files then try what the previous tec said. Good luck!
Re: Is Formatting The Only Option? by asid(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
seems you are having a software conflict- you can not have two anti-virus running on one system and whats the size of your system memory.

By the way i go with X on his comment

(1) (Reply)

Website Designing And Hosting / Where To Buy Netbooks At Good Prices? / Any Help On How To Retrieve File.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.