Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,889 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

I Need Dental Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Dental Advice (1175 Views)

5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! / Dental Price List. / Buy Your Dental Equipment Online At Affordable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Dental Advice by akagson: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Please I need advice from a dentist in the house. I want to start by saying I brush my teeth everyday at least once a day. But there is this yellowish mucus-like substance that covers my teeth most especially the molars and premolars. When I use my fingernails to scratch my teeth, I'll come up with this smelly mucus. The smell is really offensive but you can never perceive any smell while just talking with me. Even if I cover my mouth with my hand and breathe out, I won't perceive any smell except when I kinda scrub my teeth with my fingernail and bring close to my nose.

How can I get rid of this smell — and the mucus too?
Re: I Need Dental Advice by udysweet(f): 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
In my opinion ,you don't brush well. Get a good toothbrush and toothpase,yoi might wanna read d literature on a few of them before deciding wch to go for. You can't ssay u u brush and then dos tins form again and smells! Try dat and if it doesent work,see a dentist
Re: I Need Dental Advice by akagson: 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
udysweet:
In my opinion ,you don't brush well. Get a good toothbrush and toothpase,yoi might wanna read d literature on a few of them before deciding wch to go for. You can't ssay u u brush and then dos tins form again and smells! Try dat and if it doesent work,see a dentist
I brush well, at least the normal way people brush. The thing is, this thing may have been an accumulation of years of not brushing well gone by. It is only on those teeth that are farther inside - the molars and premolars. Since I noticed it last year, I have been scrubbing very well whenever I brush, but its not going away.
Re: I Need Dental Advice by udysweet(f): 7:45am On Jul 06, 2016
akagson:

I brush well, at least the normal way people brush. The thing is, this thing may have been an accumulation of years of not brushing well gone by. It is only on those teeth that are farther inside - the molars and premolars. Since I noticed it last year, I have been scrubbing very well whenever I brush, but its not going away.
Then you need to see a dentist offline since its difficult getting one here. Sorry abt the issue
Re: I Need Dental Advice by flexidentist: 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
akagson:
Please I need advice from a dentist in the house. I want to start by saying I brush my teeth everyday at least once a day. But there is this yellowish mucus-like substance that covers my teeth most especially the molars and premolars. When I use my fingernails to scratch my teeth, I'll come up with this smelly mucus. The smell is really offensive but you can never perceive any smell while just talking with me. Even if I cover my mouth with my hand and breathe out, I won't perceive any smell except when I kinda scrub my teeth with my fingernail and bring close to my nose.

From your description, what you scratch off with your fingernail is referred to as plaque. When plaque accumulates, it hardens to form tartar/calculus which can not be removed by brushing. To get rid of the smell, you'll need to visit a dentist for 'scaling and polishing' simply called professional cleaning, brush your teeth twice daily(morning and last thing before bed) and floss your teeth everyday.
Re: I Need Dental Advice by gawab: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
akagson:

Oil pull with virgin coconut oil twice daily.

1 Like

Re: I Need Dental Advice by globalwaly(m): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2016
What you need is scaling and polishing

Scaling & Polishing. Your dentist or hygienist will use a 'scale and polish' when your teeth require a thorough clean to remove all traces of plaque and tartar. Scaling is used to remove the hard tartar on your teeth, which cannot be removed by simply brushing your teeth.

It depends on your location, i can recommend a dentist for you
Re: I Need Dental Advice by akagson: 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
flexidentist:

From your description, what you scratch off with your fingernail is referred to as plaque. When plaque accumulates, it hardens to form tartar/calculus which can not be removed by brushing. To get rid of the smell, you'll need to visit a dentist for 'scaling and polishing' simply called professional cleaning, brush your teeth twice daily(morning and last thing before bed) and floss your teeth everyday.
globalwaly:
What you need is scaling and polishing
Scaling & Polishing. Your dentist or hygienist will use a 'scale and polish' when your teeth require a thorough clean to remove all traces of plaque and tartar. Scaling is used to remove the hard tartar on your teeth, which cannot be removed by simply brushing your teeth.
It depends on your location, i can recommend a dentist for you
flexidentist:

Thank you so much for these professional responses. At least, now I know my problem has a solution. I stay in Kaduna. I guess the government general hospitals should have a dentistry section, if not, I'll just have to ask around for one.
Re: I Need Dental Advice by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hello,I have an issue.Dnt knw if its a dental or medical issue.First,,I brush at least twice a day but my breath is never fresh even immediately after I floss or brush,it gets bad that the odour emits 2ru my nose always.

I need helpfull advice plss...
Re: I Need Dental Advice by flexidentist: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ernestsimeon:
Hello,I have an issue.Dnt knw if its a dental or medical issue.First,,I brush at least twice a day but my breath is never fresh even immediately after I floss or brush,it gets bad that the odour emits 2ru my nose always.
I need helpfull advice plss...

You need to first have your mouth checked by a dentist. Bad breath may be caused by several things ranging from a hole in the tooth to having gum issues.

Causes of Bad breath/mouth odour
We all experience bad breath at one point or the other. When a person wakes up after long hours of sleep, there is usually an accompanying odour on opening his mouth. This happens because the mouth has been shut for long and we produce less saliva while sleeping.

The following are the causes of bad breath:
Food such as garlic and onions: when you eat onion or garlic, it gets absorbed into the blood stream and transferred to the lungs. When you breathe, the odour comes out from the lungs and can sometimes linger in the breath for days. Those who eat 'Suya' garnished with onions can relate with this.
Respiratory infections such as common cold, tonsillitis, sinusitis, lung abscess etc cause bad breath.
Poor oral hygiene practices: not brushing your teeth and tongue regularly will surely give you bad breath.
Some dental conditions such as:
Tooth decay: food particles often accumulate in teeth with holes thereby giving a bad odour.
Chronic gum diseases: people who use tooth picks indiscriminately (the wooden ones commonly sold) are prone to having gum diseases. They have spaces/pockets between the teeth which allows food particles pack there leading to bad breath.
Dry mouth (xerostomia): this is seen in people who breathe through the mouth. It can also be a side effect of some medications.
Overlapping teeth: it is usually tasking to clean teeth tightly packed together. Sometimes, plaque and food particles lodge around the teeth resulting in bad breath.
Impacted wisdom tooth: food particles get trapped in the gum flap surrounding the impacted wisdom tooth/between the wisdom tooth and the tooth in front. It is often difficult to clean this area thereby giving rise to mouth odour.
Dental infections: pus discharge from dental infections also cause mouth odour.

Source http://www.flexidentist.com/2015/12/causes-of-bad-breathmouth-odour.html
Re: I Need Dental Advice by globalwaly(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
akagson:

Thank you so much for these professional responses. At least, now I know my problem has a solution. I stay in Kaduna. I guess the government general hospitals should have a dentistry section, if not, I'll just have to ask around for one.

You are very welcome..
Re: I Need Dental Advice by Elliham6665: 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS
This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that i was waiting for is death to come because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man called DR. SEBI who is well know for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and sent it through Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the one week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me Herpes simplex virus negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, thank you for saving my life, I promise I will always testify of your good works. if you are herpes simplex virus patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him via: info.drsebiscellfood@doctor.com

THESE ARE THE THINGS DR. SEBI CURES
1 Cancer
2 Hiv
3 Low sperm count
4 Barrenness
5 Hvp
6 Herpes
7 Genital Wart
8 Rare disease
9 Hepatitis
10 Syphilis
11 Diabetes
12 If you want a child..So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email
Contact info.drsebiscellfood@doctor.com for help.

(1) (Reply)

How To Register For A Health Insurance Scheme / Professor Isaac Adewole Essay Competition: If I Were The Minister Of Health / Effectively Cure Fibroid With Our Fibrofit Pack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.