Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution (1809 Views)

Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar / Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) / Tips For Rainy Season Driving, Visibility And Defogging The Windscreen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by akanniade10(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Was cleaning my car this morning and found this small crack on my windscreen. From what I gathered, the thing will continue to spread. Can I do anything to stop the crack from spreading.

Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by DesChyko: 11:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Na only you dey see that crack o. For that, leave am. Nobody go see am

5 Likes

Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by mu2sa2: 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
From my experience there's nothing you can do to stop the crack. But you don't need to stress yourself over it - it will take many years, increasing almost imperceptibly, until it reaches the other end.
Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by chidooh1: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
Call 0802388816 if you're in lagos, it's going to be a forgone issue, remember it's going to spread very well as you continue to use it.
Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by princemillla(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
mu2sa2:
From my experience there's nothing you can do to stop the crack. But you don't need to stress yourself over it - it will take many years, increasing almost imperceptibly, until it reaches the other end.

You better go upgrade your "experience. We av glass expert tht stops such from spreading. They are in ladipo market in lagos
Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by mu2sa2: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
princemillla:

You better go upgrade your "experience. We av glass expert tht stops such from spreading. They are in ladipo market in lagos
I have had a cracked windscreen before and when I took it to an "expert" he was forthright with me and said nothing could be done to eliminate the crack or stop it. But maybe you are referring to typical naija "experts" who are more interested in fleecing their customers than solving their problem.
Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by princemillla(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
mu2sa2:
I have had a cracked windscreen before and when I took it to an "expert" he was forthright with me and said nothing could be done to eliminate the crack or stop it. But maybe you are referring to typical naija "experts" who are more interested in fleecing their customers than solving their problem.
Can a windshield crack be repaired?

The general rule for cracks is that anything which fits underneath a dollar bill can be repaired. Larger cracks usually require replacement of the entire windshield, but there is one company, Ultrabond, which can repair cracks up to 24 inches long.

http://www.carwindshields.info/windshield-crack-repair

1 Like

Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by akanniade10(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
chidooh1:
Call 0802388816 if you're in lagos, it's going to be a forgone issue, remember it's going to spread very well as you continue to use it.

Bros the number is incorrect, kindly help me correct it. Thanks
Re: Little Crack On Windscreen [pics Included] Any Solution by chidooh1: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
akanniade10:

Bros the number is incorrect, kindly help me correct it. Thanks
08023884816 sorry for the mistake

(1) (Reply)

Can Lexus Rx 330 doors Fit Into Rx 350 2009 / Introducing The Volvo Limo Proudly Made In Nigeria / Gear Shifter Stuck Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.