Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th (83605 Views)

Longest FEC Meeting Under Buhari Extends To Thursday / Kogi Government Declares Monday Public Holiday To Pray For Buhari As He Returns / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday To Mark Eid-El-Maulud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by OGHENE316(m): 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
so if d moon refuse to show d public holiday continues ni..plz include friday oooo......

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by LuckyLadolce(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
rotimileke:
If I should say anything they'll say I'm intolerant.
Buhari self! imagine moon no come gree comot again after 30 days. Even the heavenly bodies knows Nigerians has been scammed.
APC = Scam
oga aftet which 30days, today is the 30th. So There is nothing like after 30 days.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by kolladey(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin
U are too funnyyyyyy......

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by MARKone(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tolexander:
Please declare friday too and let's just have the whole of this week for holiday!

Here in Abba, we haven't gone to work this month.

Ojo Madueke + Eid el fitri

Don't worry we are in an era if change, the moon sef don change position, I doubt if e go gree show before Thursday. So hope still dey for Friday and Monday upper week sef

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Thobiy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
bigtt76:
Public holiday sef they couldn't manage well Isssssssorite! My
E get as e be
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Dee60: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
CHANGE in reverse gear!

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by rezzy: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
Which kind moon una dey wait for sef? Make I dey enjoy house first.

Moon abeg hide well well
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by banmee(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
Only in a jobless country will you see three days of no work in the public sector. Unbelievable.

11 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Pope22(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
So whatever they say, we will take. What's our business if they don't see the moon? Can Christmas or Easter be extended more than 2 days in this country like this and it will be accepted without them telling and calculating for you what the country will lose? Islamising the country little by little.

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
EasternActivist:
What happens if the moon remains hidden even on Thursday?
Please, I don't want the MOON sighted till next week.

I need to skip duty to attend to pressing needs

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by bigtt76(f): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
It is an administrative thing. Dambazzau did what he did based on the anticipated sighting of the moon.

The Islamic scholars on the other hand need the moon sighting confirmed from amongst designated Islamic locations.

Government do not have to wait on the Islamic scholars to confirm before declaring. They rather complement such declaration.

olapluto:
What an unserious government. Why the rush to declare holiday in the first instance?
I am Muslim, but I think Dambazzau was wrong to declare today as public holiday in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Adesiji77: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
@hardbody:bros, how you see am? cheesy
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Lovexme(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Well, some people get to enjoy extra days off work, unlike others like us.

The only positive is I get paid OT for three days cool
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by imagrg(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Please, be matured and literate enough to be more civil in your language when making passing remarks about our honourable President. Hate comments are not permitted here. The President is making frantic effort to turn around the economy and to keep corruption at bay. Please, be patient with him.

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
banmee:
Only in a jobless country will you see three days of no work in the public sector. Unbelievable.
Na LIE...
check china and other Asian countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Randerl: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Holidays was empty and pockets.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
A govt that is supposed to be serving the people is serving their own ego and lust. This government is short sighted, mentally lazy and divisive. How could you declare Thursday as public holiday without factoring how this will affect private business appointments, decisions and proposals which is already scheduled for Thursday and the cost effects which could be monumental. I weep for Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Homestic01(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
And what if the moon does not show for the rest of the year? #Justasking

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by wallex1983(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
We are fantastically unserious

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by BrainBoulevard: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
kennygee:
If this is true, I am sooooooooooo delighted.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
It's sad you are an apologist!!!
imagrg:
Please, be matured and literate enough to be more civil in your language when making passing remarks about our honourable President. Hate comments are not permitted here. The President is making frantic effort to turn around the economy and to keep corruption at bay. Please, be patient with him.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Freiburger(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tolexander:
Please declare friday too and let's just have the whole of this week for holiday!

Here in Abba, we haven't gone to work this month.

Ojo Madueke + Eid el fitri

All these in a struggling economy shocked

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by nortcentrallord(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Make shift holiday. Nigeria where is thy route. Unidirectional government. Nigerians will be happy sha.

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by notoriousbabe: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
kennygee:
If this is true, I am sooooooooooo delighted.
I know say you go use the holiday to get belle grin
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
oga aftet which 30days, today is the 30th. So There is nothing like after 30 days.
Then why was today announced as commencement of sallah

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by notoriousbabe: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Homestic01:
And what if the moon does not show for the rest of the year? #Justasking
na muslims go hear am now as the fasting will continue grin
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Davecafary(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin
Hahahahaha....Wow, so creative and funny grin...Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Oladim001(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
dearsly:
THE ISLAMABAD MOON ESCAPED CUZ OF THE DULLARDEEN AND HALLIBURTON IN ASO ROCK!!... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Use sense na. The moon shows everywher not only in Nigeria na. Even if the moon didnt show in Nigeria cos of them, then what of other countries where it wasnt sighted. It just shows how myopic your thinking can be. Its typical sha, always ready to criticize without thinking. Smh

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by teacherbim(f): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
Waoh! I will spend more time with my husband and kids

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by AngryNigerian(m): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
bigtt76:
Public holiday sef they couldn't manage well Isssssssorite! My heart goes to Abians... Enjoy the week long holidays #IkpeazuVsOgah

...e don reach two weeks sef cheesy
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
EasternActivist:
What happens if the moon remains hidden even on Thursday?

Eid will still be on Wednesday grin because we only look for the moon on the 29th night of the month (lunar calendar). If the moon is not sighted on the 29th night, then we declare the month to be thirty days and start a new month after (thirty days) regardless if the moon is sighted or not.

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by spencekat(m): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Whether 5th and 6th or 6th and 7th,today is my birthday.Thanks to Nairaland management for sending me birthday wishes.Happy birthday to myself.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Angry Soldier Kills Four Of His Colleagues In Borno / Air Force Jet Crash-Lands In Akure, Covered Up By Military - Sahara Reporters / Eucharia Ojukwu: Senator Elisha Abbo's Wife Died Of HIV/AIDS - Sister Tells Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.