Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer (2406 Views)

Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / She Spilled Hot Coffee On My Laptop: Now What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by chux76(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
My laptop battery does not last more than 1hr.45mins after disconnection from mains,what suggestions are there to make the battery last longer,or would it be advised to get a new battery.
I would want a staying power of at least 3hrs. What can be done, plssssssssssssss
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by deji2009(m): 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
cant get longer than what you"ve already got
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by veetubes: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2009
if you are using a dual core processor, turn one of the processor off and you will have an increase in battery time
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by deji2009(m): 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
if you are using a dual core processor, turn one of the processor off and you will have an increase in battery time

How ?

@poster what the make and model of your system, XP VISTA ?
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by deji2009(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
My laptop battery does not last more than 1hr.45mins after disconnection from mains,what suggestions are there to make the battery last longer,or would it be advised to get a new battery.
I would want a staying power of at least 3hrs. What can be done, plssssssssssssss

check on the manufacturer website to see if there are any firmware update
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by PCbusayo(f): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2009
try draining the battery then recharge
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by macdot(m): 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
i have a cosmos windows xp intel core 2 duo which is not more than 1 and a half month old but the battery only lasts for an hour, please what can i do to enable the battery to last longer?
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by deji2009(m): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
i have a cosmos windows xp intel core 2 duo which is not more than 1 and a half month old but the battery only lasts for an hour, please what can i do to enable the battery to last longer?

was it fully charge and is it always plug to the mains when using it ?

have never heared of cosmos before, is it a custome built laptop?
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by macdot(m): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
its not custom built, got it from a company in ikeja but its always fully charged, 100% and whenever i disconnect it to try the battery, it goes off after an hour, i even consumed the battery and recharged but its the same.
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by deji2009(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by Alveez(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2009
PLEASE CAN SOMBODY OUT THERE HELP ME TOO WITH ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET AN EXTERNAL BATTERY FOR MY LAPTOP (hp, PM, USING XP).
I NEED IT URGENTLY B'COS MY LAPTOP SWICTHES OFF AFTER POWER OUTAGE.

thankz 4 ur CONCERN!!!!!!
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by deji2009(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
PLEASE CAN SOMBODY OUT THERE HELP ME TOO WITH ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET AN EXTERNAL BATTERY FOR MY LAPTOP (hp, PM, USING XP).
I NEED IT URGENTLY B'COS MY LAPTOP SWICTHES OFF AFTER POWER OUTAGE.

thankz 4 your CONCERN!!!!!!

If i understand you very clealy seems you need UPS for backup. to get one of this you need to pop into a local pc store.

I dont live in nigeria so i wont know. Good luck!
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by Shola2009(m): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2009
to make your battery last longer, reduce screen brightness,turn off your wireless reciever,if you have several power options like most pc do,then switch power plan to power save.
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by TheSeeker(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2009
I think when you disconnect your laptop from mains, you need to close all applications that aren't in use. When you have these unnecessary applications up, your hard drive and processor are always at work and they'd have to work twice as long as your battery should have lasted. This is what I do: When I disconnect my laptop from the main power supply, I close down all the applications leaving the ones I'm currently using, reduce the screen brightness, sometimes reducing the resolution might help and when I do this, my battery lasts for as long as 3 hours.

While you're at it, I advise you don't use any media player program.
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by awuf2008: 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
IT IS POSSIBLE TO DOUBLE YOUR BATTERY POWER. IT IS POSSIBLE COURTESY OF ONE SOFTWARE THAT AM CURRENTLY USING. IT WILL WORK FOR 28 TIMES AFTER WHICH YOU CAN NOW BUY THE REAL VERSION ONLINE.

YOU GET IN TOUCH. Send mailto: awufmarket@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by zenus(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
1. turnoff wireless
2. remove any un use USB plug like bluetooth, infra, mouse and the rest
3. dim Screen
4. when not in use, turn off hard disk, check power management
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by ogene1: 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
plz my i have a dell intel(r) pentium(r) m laptop. and i dont know how to dim the screem reduce the brightness and i dont know if my dual core processor is on and how to turn it off . plzz i need some assistance thanks
Re: How Can I Make My Laptop Battery Stay Longer by zenus(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2009
@ogene1
press 'fu' key and press F6 to decrease and F7 to increase

(1) (Reply)

>> Pls Help - How Can I Remove This Virus From My Pc / MTN 3G Disconnects Intermitently Using Droid VPN On Android Devices / Recommend A High End Bitcoin Solo Mining Rig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.