Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? (40328 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by chimauga(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2016
Endless promises

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Rapture4real(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2016
propzncribz:
I went to PHCN office in my are area to order for four prepaid meters and I was told it costs 65,000 naira per meter. That's a lot of money for an electric meter. I heard some parts of the mainland, it is free. Anyone who has gotten it free please let me know the process or anyone that has paid for one and how much did it cost? For all I know, the PHCN staff that attended to me can get it for free for me but poverty has taken over them, they must chop so I must pay.

Someone bought his last year in Ogbnomoso #30k in fact it was #25k other processing charges #5k.He received the meter within one month using #1500 credit for more than 5months now.prepaid the best option

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by adeshina86: 7:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Registration form - #12,000 Metre fee #39,350 around badagry, Lagos state
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by toyinjimoh(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2016
I bought single face for just only 24k in lokoja last month, where did u get 39k from for just single..I believe d price is same everywhere
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ReabridCharles(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2016
slimthugchimee:
10k?? thats huge.....was it a workshop like printing press, industries...that was using it

My brother, most persons is my area stopped collecting from PHCN cos the complains were getting too much. So even said it was PHCN that altered the meters and somehow I believe them.

Imagine a three bedroom flat consuming 10k in two weeks with nothing to prove your house consumes that much...
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by neolboy(m): 7:35am On Jul 06, 2016
toyinjimoh:
I bought single face for just only 24k in lokoja last month, where did u get 39k from for just single..I believe d price is same everywhere

its not the same price everywhere, it differs based on the distribution company. KEDC different from BEDC and from LEDC just like dt
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Ajgal10(f): 7:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Festac town 75k as at last week
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by slimthugchimee(m): 7:58am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:

My brother, most persons is my area stopped collecting from PHCN cos the complains were getting too much. So even said it was PHCN that altered the meters and somehow I believe them.

Imagine a three bedroom flat consuming 10k in two weeks with nothing to prove your house consumes that much...
wait.....before you guys suscribed the 10k howmuch was your previous suscription and how long did it last......i might have an idea of what happened
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by engrhorla(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2016
For those saying pre-paid meter is free, maybe you are talking of giving the analog to collect pre-paid meter

And maybe the Op should make the topic clearer

For a new house, you will buy the meter..in Abuja I got 5 PPM for 125k and it took them about 3 months to deliver it

But if you are changing old meter for PPM, it is free but you have to 'facilitate' the process

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Bolasola(m): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2016
The Nairlanders, the cases of these DISCOS are very funny. In my area, Ogbomoso, direct bill is about N7k to N10k of electricity supply of 6hrs averagely. The cost of single phase prepayment meter is 30k-34k with tired effort to get after many months. But there are two types of meter been shared out. one is pole-attached type, this one is free after house to house consultation. it is a single phase only and not to change the phase later type. its a regrettable in an area where three phase is not OK from transformer. The second type is those you will need to pay for and be waiting for them to come and install after their call. you can change the phase given or add another phase after some months of using. Another prepayment meter is three phase meter, it cost of about 55-68k depends on the person handling it. I paid for this on April 7th and was install on June 24th after their customers' call. Free and Not Free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Rexnegro(m): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2016
propzncribz:
I went to PHCN office in my are area to order for four prepaid meters and I was told it costs 65,000 naira per meter. That's a lot of money for an electric meter. I heard some parts of the mainland, it is free. Anyone who has gotten it free please let me know the process or anyone that has paid for one and how much did it cost? For all I know, the PHCN staff that attended to me can get it for free for me but poverty has taken over them, they must chop so I must pay.
check their site You did get official amount based on The meter You re applying for, most of The staffs get to add additional 10k to the official amount, thinking Nigerians re fool, tho some Have fell for it o. just check their site for proper info, at The same time Why Not Be patience fg might get to distribute it soon,Na some saboteurs no want make they share meters Because their field bribe collection will stop.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by murmee: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:
In my area we ditched that prepaid metre
We called it "Obiageli" "came to eat"
The metre no get joy.
How can 10k finish in two weeks?

Am surprised people still want to use that error.

In PH, it's free sha...
If you are using electric cooker, boiling ring and you leave your bathroom water heater on indefinitely,your credit will run out fast. Prepaid meter is still better than any other type of billing because you can sensibly regulate your energy consumption. It also requires discipline.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by samsard(m): 8:13am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:

Those metres were obviously tampered with, a three bedrom flat with two ACs, other electronics and regular power supply uses less than 4k worth of prepaid metred electricity. In short back in 2010, two bedroom flats in a barrack i lived used 2k worth of units for two months. If only you people could report to consumer protection council.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ReabridCharles(m): 8:21am On Jul 06, 2016
slimthugchimee:
wait.....before you guys suscribed the 10k howmuch was your previous suscription and how long did it last......i might have an idea of what happened

Actually, prior to our subscription, most persons were complaining. But since they distributed the meters free of charge, we had no option. First recharge was 5k, and second was 10k.

We have a solar inverter that charges when there is power supply, abi you won tell me say na the inverter they consume am? We checked and it wasn't.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ReabridCharles(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2016
murmee:
If you are using electric cooker, boiling ring and you leave your bathroom water heater on indefinitely,your credit will run out fast. Prepaid meter is still better than any other type of billing because you can sensibly regulate your energy consumption. It also requires discipline.

You should first ask before you conclude. Anyone using prepaid meter knows he/she must adhere to the energy conversation technique. Water heater, Yes but only when necessary.

The meters were tampered with cos most persons in our area complained bitterly
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ReabridCharles(m): 8:25am On Jul 06, 2016
samsard:
Those metres were obviously tampered with, a three bedrom flat with two ACs, other electronics and regular power supply uses less than 4k worth of prepaid metred electricity. In short back in 2010, two bedroom flats in a barrack i lived used 2k worth of units for two months. If only you people could report to consumer protection council.

Na still the people way bring the meter we complain to. They did nothing. Most persons, me inclusive returned to the old meter
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by mannobeGod: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
But wait.... Is there a reason why they are free in some area/states and paid for, in some other area/state..

How come people are still paying sha.. or Phcn get right to finger our girlfriends ass grin

Something is not balance here
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by harizonal123(m): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2016
BEDC asaba to be precise 39k for meter 10k for processing. Approximately 50k then wait for 2months b4 supply
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by standfit5(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2016
WorldRichest:

I am in Ikeja Disco or is it called Reggae? Please where can I get it for that amount? Please help a friend or stranger in need. This Disco has been bringing me bills of between 8,000 to 10,000 monthly with only 2 to 3 hours of light daily.
Go to NERC forum. Look online for an address close to u n hv ur bills adjusted if u hv genuine case. Snap ur meter at intervals, send to their customers care. Write hard copy n submit at the closes office. But NERC is ur sure bet. Don't sit down n complain or talk to the marketers,it won't help anywhere. Go to NERC. Period!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by standfit5(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:

Actually, prior to our subscription, most persons were complaining. But since they distributed the meters free of charge, we had no option. First recharge was 5k, and second was 10k.

We have a solar inverter that charges when there is power supply, abi you won tell me say na the inverter they consume am? We checked and it wasn't.
Besides cultivating "prepaid" lifestyle, there may b "leakage" of voltage in ur home,something may b wrong with wiring architecture of ur abode. It cld just b replacing breaker or fuse or just some cables. Get a trusted electrician.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by slimthugchimee(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:

thats not it, what i was trying to find out is maybe....the previous vat you guys bought lasted for more than 5months and then when you bought the next vat with 10k they calculated all the fixed charge you owe them for that 5months,

and one thing about it is that they wont tell you about your fixed charge....ut will only be calculated and minused from the amount you bought.....

e.g it once happened to us, owe a fixed charge of 2400naira we paid 2500naira without knowing the fixed charge they took their 2400 and only gave us a vat of 100naira which lasted only 7hrs......you will see the FC in ur reciept

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Laredojohn(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2016
We got ours from Ekodisco, single faced at abt 39kplus, three faced heard about, 68k plus, under the credit advanced metering system where you get your money back inbits within a spread of about 30months or soo, presently we spend less than 5k monthly, 5k last about 2month, where we have all home appliances...better than abt 11k bill paid earlier when using the analog meter.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by nafdak: 9:13am On Jul 06, 2016
standfit5:

Besides cultivating "prepaid" lifestyle, there may b "leakage" of voltage in ur home,something may b wrong with wiring architecture of ur abode. It cld just b replacing breaker or fuse or just some cables. Get a trusted electrician.
It's not the amount that you paid that matters in this, but the number of units u were given. May b u are owing the company in ur previous billing and they are deducting it on every recharge that u are doing now.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Isiterere(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2016
obinna2nv:
Here in PHED, the prepaid CAPMI meters goes for;

Single Phase: 39,375
Three phase: 68,901

You pay at any Ecobank Branch and the meter will get to you anytime from 60 working days.

This information is absolutely true only that it is free on the long run because the initial cost of purchase will be given as bonus token (1k) per month till the cost price is realised by the buyer.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Gboliwe: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2016
I went to work one day, got back home to see a prepaid metre for my apartment. I asked and I was given a single paper to kick-start the registration of the metre. I went to PHCN office and photocopied and asked to come back the next day. Next day, I was asked to recharge with any amount not less than N750 as that was the fixed rate then. Chikina.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Zetra(m): 9:16am On Jul 06, 2016
TVTKOKO:
ahn ahn bros wat is beyond human reasoning here na undecided undecided

@op, if u request for a new meter entirely, dats when u pay dat amt buh if u av d old meter it is free.. Yu giv em ur old one and collect new one shikena
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by nafdak: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2016
mannobeGod:
But wait.... Is there a reason why they are free in some area/states and paid for, in some other area/state..

How come people are still paying sha.. or Phcn get right to finger our girlfriends ass grin

Something is not balance here
It depends on the discos, they have different ways of doing it.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Rhemmymatician(m): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2016
STALINN:
cool cool cool cool cool OP it's always been free but a little Zik's and his brothers will speed up the process grin grin grin grin

Any how man must chop naah
Does nobody else think this I brilliant? Nice word play.
The subtle tribalism apart, I love this comment
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by fohia(m): 9:41am On Jul 06, 2016
harizonal123:
BEDC asaba to be precise 39k for meter 10k for processing. Approximately 50k then wait for 2months b4 supply
BEDC does not charge processing fee, it is on their website, u get d form free of charge, you are to fill d customer's section, get your licensed electrical engineer/contractor to fill and endorse his own section- to ensure compliance to standards.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Olayinkaoj(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2016
N24,850 into the account of Ibadan Disco, between N5k-N10k for the contractor who will process it for a single-phase meter.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by STALINN: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2016
Rhemmymatician:

Does nobody else think this I brilliant? Nice word play.
The subtle tribalism apart, I love this comment

Thanks bro cool
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by mariong(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2016
nafdak:
For Kedco the prepaid meter is like free. u wl pay 30k for the single phase but u will get the 30k back in 30 months time. Each month u wl b given 1k units free.
For KEDCO it's about 65k and 39k for 3 phase and single phase meters respectively but there is an ongoing mass distribution of prepaid meters free to Kabuga area.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caramelo Strip Club Is Being Demolished By FCTA After Arrest Of Strippers / American Lady Threatens To Stab Nigerian Housemate Over The Use Of Toilet / New Tactics Lagos’ Landlords Adopt To Get House Rent From Tenants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.