Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? (40305 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by cornoil(m): 10:03am On Jul 06, 2016
I'm moving out of Eko distribution in Lagos mainland and I want to sell mine for 50K. Anyone ready should contact me.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by standfit5(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2016
nafdak:

It's not the amount that you paid that matters in this, but the number of units u were given. May b u are owing the company in ur previous billing and they are deducting it on every recharge that u are doing now.
Bet u dint get my drill. U r given d units equivalent wat u paid as recharge. And if it is depleting unusually,n u rule out dat u r "prepaid" cultured,then sometin may b wrong wit ur wiring.
Of course u r not expecting a waiver of ur arrears in d PP,right?u wld pay in % at every recharge;expo is u can negotiate it at d office,whereby at every recharge,u pay 10%,20% or whatever agreed amount towards ur arrears. Insist to c d CSM to talk this out in all genuinty n u wld b fine. If u feel dissatisfied wit ur arrears, nerc forum is the assured resolution centre,after exhausting all options wit d CSM or head of a business centre of a disco.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by standfit5(m): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2016
nafdak:

It's not the amount that you paid that matters in this, but the number of units u were given. May b u are owing the company in ur previous billing and they are deducting it on every recharge that u are doing now.
Bet u dint get my drill. U r given d units equivalent wat u paid as recharge. And if it is depleting unusually,n u rule out dat u r "prepaid" cultured,then sometin may b wrong wit ur wiring.
Of course u r not expecting a waiver of ur arrears in d PP,right?u wld pay in % at every recharge;expo is u can negotiate it at d office,whereby at every recharge,u pay 10%,20% or whatever agreed amount towards ur arrears. Insist to c d CSM to talk this out in all genuinty n u wld b fine. If u feel dissatisfied wit ur arrears, nerc forum is the assured resolution centre,after exhausting all options wit d CSM or head of a business centre of a disco. Customers as u r d reason y dey come to work everyday;insist to c dem n get value for ur moni.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by kolaish(m): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2016
I AM LIVING IN AKOBO, IBADAN. IT IS DIFFICULT TO GET PREPAID METER HERE because THE NEPA, OR IS IT PHCN PREFER U STILL USING ESTIMATED BILL. IN 2013 WHEN I INSTALLED A PREPAID METER, IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT FIRST OF ALL TO GET THE CARD, SECONDLY WHENEVER THEY (PHCN) COME TO CHECK YOUR LIGHT, THE ONLY PLACE THEY WILL NOT SEARCH IS YOUR BEDROOM, SAYING THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ILLEGAL CONNECTION. THEN THE BIGGEST FRUSTRATION FOR ME WAS THAT N6,000 CARD DO NOT EVEN TAKE US 3 WEEKS IN A 4 BEDROOM APARTMENT. THEREFORE, I SOLD THE PREPAID AND RETURN TO ESTIMATED BILL, (AT LEAST UNDER ESTIMATED BILL, WE CAN USE LIGHT AS WE LIKE) THE AVERAGE MONTHLY BILL THEY HAVE BEEN BRINGING THIS YEAR IS N10,000. IBEDC IS A BIG FRAUD. LIGHT COMES ON 4-6 HOURS DAILY.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by EZEBEL: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Ajgal10:
Festac town 75k as at last week

That will be for 3 phase, single phase should not be more than 35k Ekedc
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by jidoex66(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2016
propzncribz:

OK thanks, what's the procedure please? Is it a never ending process if you don't part away with money at any point. Does free mean free?
There is no special procedure, they will come around and survey the area and then they direct their installer to come around and install, i work as an installer for some area in ikeja: alausa, oregun, alade market area before i left for my master program. Just chill and wait till they get to your area

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Fanatical(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:
In my area we ditched that prepaid metre
We called it "Obiageli" "came to eat"
The metre no get joy.
How can 10k finish in two weeks?

Am surprised people still want to use that error.

In PH, it's free sha...
which part of PH are you talking about cus we bought ours for about 68k.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Likei(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2016
propzncribz:
I went to PHCN office in my are area to order for four prepaid meters and I was told it costs 65,000 naira per meter. That's a lot of money for an electric meter. I heard some parts of the mainland, it is free. Anyone who has gotten it free please let me know the process or anyone that has paid for one and how much did it cost? For all I know, the PHCN staff that attended to me can get it for free for me but poverty has taken over them, they must chop so I must pay.

how much are you willing to pay for my own, let me loose it sharp sharp. there's hardship in the land.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Viccur(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
How can i pay my meter bill without going to PHCN office. I tried paying thru quickteller but it's saying error. Anyone with help?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by lekkipropertyy: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2016
69k plus 5k for form .. agungi lekki
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by harizonal123(m): 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
fohia:
get your licensed electrical engineer/contractor to fill and endorse his own section- to ensure compliance to standards.
That's where the 10k comes in. U can call it whatsoever name u desire
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Donsammi(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
prepaid meter that was given to us free in kubwa,abuja for free last 3/4yrs ago...

although ..its economical . 2k card will take u a month if no heavy appliances
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by fohia(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
harizonal123:

That's where the 10k comes in. U can call it whatsoever name u desire

Bro no vex o o o..
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by isinno: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
obinna2nv:
Here in PHED, the prepaid CAPMI meters goes for;

Single Phase: 39,375
Three phase: 68,901

You pay at any Ecobank Branch and the meter will get to you anytime from 60 working days.
That one nah stories, I got my meter after 1yr of payment
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by godwin120alex: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ikedc will collect money 4 wire abt 2k to buy wire 4 u if it is a new meter even if u were sharing with ur neighbors before. It depents on d wire u are using cos it can be more than 30k wire.After fixing d meter d will ask u to pay 2k to Zenith bank no 1012998297 reason being 4 loss of revenue since it is a new set up according to them. Then when u go to their offix 4 d last registetation d customer service will ask u to meet d marketers outside where d will collect 2k or 1k to ask u questions on d gadgets u have in d house so that d will know how much light u will consume.This will enable them determine what Megawatts to load in an area. I'm tired to type
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by kinharold(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
It is absolutely free in their books and they even come and fix it free house by house; that was before. Now it is still free in their books but here in PH it is 39000 they collect even right in their office. (but dont ask for receipt o).
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by aluma(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
Just passing
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by isinno: 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
obinna2nv:
Here in PHED, the prepaid CAPMI meters goes for;

Single Phase: 39,375
Three phase: 68,901

You pay at any Ecobank Branch and the meter will get to you anytime from 60 working days.
That ones nah stories ~ Got my meter after 1yr of payment
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Innomach(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
standfit5:

Go to NERC forum. Look online for an address close to u n hv ur bills adjusted if u hv genuine case. Snap ur meter at intervals, send to their customers care. Write hard copy n submit at the closes office. But NERC is ur sure bet. Don't sit down n complain or talk to the marketers,it won't help anywhere. Go to NERC. Period!
I think I will have to try NERC. I have a genuine case of estimated over billings. Do you think I will get any attention from them?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by NaijaBlend: 9:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Where is the light?
We must drink tea before "overtea."
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by standfit5(m): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Innomach:

I think I will have to try NERC. I have a genuine case of estimated over billings. Do you think I will get any attention from them?
Do not delay! Go have ur issues resolved n share ur experience
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Born2Breed(f): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
IBEDC 37K SINGLE PHASE

76K DOUBLE PHASE
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Take a stroll to NEPA office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by skydancer: 8:33am On May 18, 2017
Is there a way to buy this in Yaba (IKEDC) currently?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Holiyo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Nigeria electricity companies are practicing theft and yet write in their bill form beware of theft. This is high corruption...!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by dcole73: 8:24am On Mar 02, 2018
omonla10:
It's free including installation and their guys are moving house to house(including mine around abulegba) for enumeration and auditing.. I believe a large percentage of lagosians will have it before the year runs out.

Till today, e never reach all Lagosian o
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Barblow(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
isinno:
That ones nah stories ~ Got my meter after 1yr of payment
How true is it that the amount paid for the CAPMI meter would be rolled back as the customer fund his/her pre-paid meter and for how long would such last?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Abdulahh: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2018
This Eko distribution or what did they call themselves are
mumu. Infact Ikeja distribution is very much ahead of Eko rubbish. Can you imagine I requested for a Prepaid meter and I paid the sum of 50000 naira since last December and it's yet to be out.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by zoeee(f): 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
cornoil:
I'm moving out of Eko distribution in Lagos mainland and I want to sell mine for 50K. Anyone ready should contact me.

I'm interested, av u sold it already?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Dclique(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
Born2Breed:
IBEDC 37K SINGLE PHASE

76K DOUBLE PHASE
For upfront payment; the cost of a single-phase prepaid meter is N38,325, while a three-phase meter is N70,350 (cost is inclusive of VAT).

For Payment in Installments: the cost of the meter will be higher than the advertised cost based on terms and condition attached to the chosen repayment option. Read more about IBEDC Prepaid meter price.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by opomulero(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
good evening all,

please is there anybody in ibadan that can help with phcn meter.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caramelo Strip Club Is Being Demolished By FCTA After Arrest Of Strippers / American Lady Threatens To Stab Nigerian Housemate Over The Use Of Toilet / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Anywhere In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.