Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost (746 Views)

Come Home My Love / They Have Come Again O. Look What I Found!!! / Wakefulness As A Visit To Earth And Sleep As Journey Back Home To Source. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Post source: http://www.nkenu.com/2016/07/medina-bombing-chickens-have-come-home.html

***Author: Chisom Nlebedum

Many Muslims woke yesterday morning to the shocking news of the desecration of one, among the three holiest of holies in Islam, Medina; second in holiness only to Mecca, then followed by Jerusalem. Of course, with the shock came the various posts and updates in social media condemning such blasphemous act, even as the moderate once more did what they do best: safeguard Islam from the barbarism of the other side.

I read the comments and counter arguments from both sides, the moderate and the other side, and I kept reading, until my tired eyes fell on a third, although somewhat subtle voice among the divide. This group, it appeared, is advocating the unthinkable for Islam and its various sects, and they did so in just so few a words: THE CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME TO ROOST! My eyes couldn’t move from it when I saw it, and indeed, it sent me into a reverie of the very first figure to popularize this expression – Malcom X.

Malcom X had sparked controversy in America, and had given the Nation of Islam a window to throw all they’ve got at him, when he used this expression to react to the death of J. F. Kennedy; a man cut down by the very hate America created for herself in the 60s. For Malcom, America’s hate had finally caught up with her, hitting her where it hurt most.

Fast forward to last night! A week after Dhaka happened, and few days after Baghdad happened, the “Chickens” decided to roost right inside the “kitchen” of Islam, where the holiest of meals (prayers) is prepared and served.

“THE HOLIEST OF HOLIES!” Cried a Muslim faithful.

For this third voice in the minority, it was time we talked! Islam, perhaps, needs to be saved from this madness. These voices cut across the different sects in Islam. They were Shias, they were Sunnis; they were moderate, they were the other side; there were blacks, they were whites; they were men, they were women, yet they spoke with one voice: IT IS TIME WE CAME TOGETHER AND TALKED!

This, here, trumps it all; both the defense of the moderates and the incoherence of the other side, many of whom were writing in Arabic, it trumps them all. A time for serious talk is long due. I woke up to the news of the attack in Saudi (Middle East), days after Dhaka (Asia), after Turkey (Europe), after Orlando (North America), and I thought to myself, the world is no longer safe. We all are now involved.

Many Muslims are of differing opinions as to what the attacks in Saudi signify. To some, this is Shia versus Sunni hate game going home to the city of the prophet, both sects revere; a hate which originated with the death of Prophet Mohammed and the quest for a suitable successor to the prophet. This, they arrived at from the second bombing which went off near the boarding house of the Shite minority in Medina. Other theorists, in this group, are of the opinion that the holy site attacked is widely regarded as the holiest by Shias, because the Prophet’s daughter who married his cousin, Ali, began the lineage of the Imamat, the beginning of Shia-ism. Hence, to them, this is Islam imploding within (Alishba Zarmeen).

To others, it is an attack on Western interest, which United States and her Saudi ally represent. This group justifies this based on the foiled bombing near the U.S. Consulate, and the death campaign ISIS has launched on the U.S, and her allies.

Whatever side of the story you which to accept, one is clear though: this is extremism gone mad! Indeed, in its madness, it has sent home a clear message to all, both moderates and radicals: THERE ARE NO MORE RED LINES WHICH MUST NEVER BE CROSSED, NO MORE OFF LIMITS PLACES OR PERSONS, NO MORE BOUNDARIES, NO PLACE IS TOO HOLY TO BE BLOWN TO BITS, and NO FIGURE IS TOO HOLY TO BE DESECRATED!

The perpetrators of these attacks have proved that they do not stand with the moderate or the other side, the Shia or the Sunni, the religious or the irreligious. And this is where one questions indeed, where is the outrage? Where is that holy anger of the world’s Muslims, all across the globe, protesting the burning of their holy book by an overzealous Pastor, or the mocking of the Prophet by a cartoonist? Which is more unacceptable, drawing a cartoon of the holy prophet or attempting to blow up his sacred mosque and burial site? Where is the outrage? We need it! Humanity needs it!

No one captures the urgency with which the Muslim world must unite in battling this common enemy as aptly as Haroon Moghul. Hear him:

The Muslim world will have to work together in ways that seem hard to imagine right now. It’s true that right now, we don’t have the institutions, the leaders, the visions, to make this happen, but we will have them. Because there is no opting out. The contest is existential.

Indeed, the contest is existential, so is the threat. I do hope we are not late to realize that only a united Shia and Sunni, a united powerful front can conquer this. The Iranian foreign Minister says it all, “There are no more red lines left for the terrorist to cross. Sunnis and Shias will both remain victims unless we stand united as one”. I hope we do not realize this just when it’s too late.

Source: http://www.nkenu.com/2016/07/medina-bombing-chickens-have-come-home.html
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
cc Lalasticlala Rilwayne001 Seun
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
cc Boliano OAM4J
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice writeup.. Its quite unfortunate that evil has pervaded the world... Lets pray for our fellow brothers and let them change their ways.. Human life is sacrosanct, so it has to be protected.. If you have an opportunity to impact positively in a fellow human and you don't, you will have your day with God Almighty when your time comes.
chexk that signature
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Justdulla:
Nice writeup.. Its quite unfortunate that evil has pervaded the world... Lets pray for our fellow brothers and let them change their ways.. Human life is sacrosanct, so it has to be protected.. If you have an opportunity to impact positively in a fellow human and you don't, you will have your day with God Almighty when your time comes.
chexk that signature

Thanks for your valuable comment smiley
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
admin
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by Ifeann(f): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
AnonymX:
Post source: http://www.nkenu.com/2016/07/medina-bombing-chickens-have-come-home.html

Source: http://www.nkenu.com/2016/07/medina-bombing-chickens-have-come-home.html

this is not shocking or new.. a look back at history and u will see that some muslim sects see many of the practises in mecca and medina as idolatry which it is.. eg kissing the black stone and venerating homes of mohammeds wives etc.

by the way during eid there is an escalation of muslim on muslim violences.. its nothing new.. it frequently happens.

2 Likes

Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 3:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Ifeann:

this is not shocking or new.. a look back at history and u will see that some muslim sects see many of the practises in mecca and medina as idolatry which it is.. eg kissing the black stone and venerating homes of mohammeds wives etc.

by the way during eid there is an escalation of muslim on muslim violences.. its nothing new.. it frequently happens.

It's time all parties talked
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by annunaki2(m): 6:23am On Jul 06, 2016
In the final analysis, it is islam that will destroy itself.
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by proudkafir: 6:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Ifeann:

I think I you are right. Some Muslims consider kissing the black stone, which is a pre-islamic practice, a form of idolatry. Some also consider encircling the kabba, 7 times, a form of a idolatry.

What in Islam that is not paganism and a form of idolatry?
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by AnonymX: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
proudkafir:
I think I you are right. Some Muslims consider kissing the black stone, which is a pre-islamic practice, a form of idolatry. Some also consider encircling the kabba, 7 times, a form of a idolatry.

Interesting views.
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by Ifeann(f): 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
proudkafir:

Its all ancient pagan practises. . Many Muslims know this but they will defend it by saying mohammed approved it in the quran or sunna so it is ok.. utter nonsense. . The most violent and hateful place in the world is the middle east as u approach the kabba mecca geographically, death and destruction increases.
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by Ranchhoddas: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Na to bomb the Kabba remain, make everything end.
Re: Medina Bombing: The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost by aminusanti(m): 5:12am On Jul 07, 2016
Ifeann:

Its all ancient pagan practises. . Many Muslims know this but they will defend it by saying mohammed approved it in the quran or sunna so it is ok.. utter nonsense. . The most violent and hateful place in the world is the middle east as u approach the kabba mecca geographically, death and destruction increases.
why do u like talking trash with 0 knowledge on what u are saying??

(1) (Reply)

Is Hell Fire Real, Or A Misconception? / My Little Sister In-law Is In Screte Society She Needs Photo(screen Chat) / 3 Types Of Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.