Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable (2487 Views)

Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Disagree As President Says Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable / Fayose Mocks Buhari Over Ogoni Visit "You Have Surrendered To Militants' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by fearNORTH: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
ABUJA-Against the background of incessant bombings of oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta by the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, which apparently threaten the peace and unity of the country, President Mohammadu Buhari has stated that Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable.
He also warned looters of the public treasures to return their loots as a condition for their personal peace.

Militants vs Buhari The President gave the warning while receiving a cross section of Nigerians most whom were Muslims who were in his residence within the precinct of the presidential villa to pay him sallah homage on Wednesday. The President who recalled the famous quotes of former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon said that the task of keeping Nigeria as one indivisible entity was a task that must be done. He said: “We have to concentrate on the militants to try to know how many of them in terms of groupings, try to get in touch with their leadership, to try to persuade them to please give Nigeria a chance.

“I assure them that when we were very junior officers, we were told by our leaders, by the Head of State which was Gen. Gowon that to keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done…we never thought of oil. What we were after is one Nigeria.
Please, pass the message to the militants that one Nigeria is not negotiable. And I pray they better accept it. The constitution is very clear…I assure them there would justice. “And please persuade those who have plenty of money that does not belong to them to try and negotiate, return it in peace so that both them and us will be in peace otherwise we will continue to request”. More details later

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/buharis-salah-message-militants-nigerias-unity-not-negotiable/

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by kacglobal: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Izonpikin: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2016
According to a learned soyinka it is negotiable..people have a right to choose of they want to continue living in a family or not...is it by force....which kin robot we get as president sef ....who the hell voted for thus old man....?

The guy is even denying the fact that oil was not the reason one Nigeria was preached...

Buhari allow states manage their resources if you seek one Nigeria. .hypocrite...

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by TippyTop(m): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
According to Soyinka it is. According to the United Nations it is.
It is enshrined in the UN charter that every region/people have an inalienable right to self determination.
I'd rather believe Soyinka and the UN rather than this leech from up north.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
The Unity of Nigeria is negotiable - Prof Wole Soyinka

The disintergration of Nigeria is an inevitable eventuality - IHEJIRIKAisBOKO

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
You keep preaching unity while giving 90% of jobs and appointment to your brothers in your region.How hypocrisy and bigotry can that be.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Likei(m): 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
resource control is not negociable, biafra indipendence is also not negociable.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by attacker321: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
See how the bigot president is telling a lie.
Benjamin adekunle said the war was fought because of oil.
Buhari should go and sit down.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by TheFreeOne: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Reconciliation should be accompanied by justice, otherwise it will not last. While we all hope for peace it shouldn't be peace at any cost but peace based on principle, on justice.

-Maria Corazon Aquino
--------------------------
--------------------------

The onus is on our leaders to ensure there's justice for all as the basis of lasting unity, peace and progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Jirate(m): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
Can someone please tell me, What was Buhari’s Sallah Message to Fulani Herdsmen?

17 Likes

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by TheFreeOne: 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
Many believed Nigeria's unity is negotiable and 'some' are convinced the civil war was fought because of oil.

A referendum will determine what Nigerians of today wants not leaders forcing their wishes down the throats of the populace.

So Buhari that is your own opinion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by knightsTempler: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigeria unity is damn negotiable, nobody will be forced into a fake union concocted from the bedroom of Lord Lugard.

But while we are still at that, i need help.

I woke up this morning, and behold the moon was sitting in my parlor! The wahala now is how do I return it to EFCC without receiving the Metuh, Kalu and Dasuki kind of treatment. Cos our DSS with their sophisticated wizardry might just snoop around my location and you know what will follow! A 5%er like me. As a chief critic of Ayatollah emeritus 'Dr' fresident Buhari, I pity my blackened ass as I may not survive the kind prison sentence that will be handed down to me. How dare I criticise our amiable 'Dr'? How dare I allow the moon enter my house? I don enter gbege oh! Somebody help!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by temptnow: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
No more free oil for Northerners. If you so need it, then you buy it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Mekus68: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bugari should better send his DSS and his ARMY to go and look for the missing moon and stop talking trash.

lf he likes it or not, Biafra will come in his lifetime to his shame

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by temptnow: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
Jirate:
Can someone please tell me, What was Buhari’s Sallah Message to Fulani Herdsmen?
he sent his wife to buy plenty cows from them. So that they will have more money to buy weapons to kill more Christians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by guru1000(m): 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
pleassssssssssse...my fellow nigerians ...let us UNITE against terrorism.
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by apcisevil: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Non negotiable when hausa/fulani are the real Nigerians, and others their fools... baboon will always be baboon. ...it is not by force to be together. ...how can a Christian and Muslim be yoked together? Why don't you people like to have your arewa where will no drug traffickers, baby factories, armed robbers, kidnappers, but boko haramists, looters, illiterates, and suicide bombers

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by attackgat: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable

This is the mentality of a man who lives in the Stone-age.

If Britain that created Nigeria can have two referendums in 2 years, one for Scotland to leave Britain and another for Britain to leave the EU, then the unity of Nigeria is not only negotiable, it must be negotiated.

"Unity by force" cannot and never will work.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by iyobosadavid: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
True talk my Amiable president, when the time comes it must surely tell on them. This is there own part of the movie, let them play it very well while it last.. I can still remember when it was the turn of the Boko boiz the took advantage of there part and played it well. Na turn by turn.
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by bezimo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nope it is bloody negotiable- Soyinka

Those who don't want peaceful change would make violent change inevitable-Atiku

Buhari has 2 options whether he likes it or not
True fedralism or Negotiate Nigeria.

The Barren North cannot continue to feed fat from the South.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by apcisevil: 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
As you baboon has requested for those who are with your treasure to negotiate and return them, we have also requested that you negotiate and return ND to the owners...we will continue requesting just as you will continue requesting for your treasure
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Filmewell(f): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
kacglobal:
Nice one
What are you saying a wife/husband has a right to divorce in an inclusive marriage.nigeria's unity is negotiable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
i comment my reserve
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by buchi4action(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
The unity of Nigeria is negotiable
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Paperwhite(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
[center][/center]
attackgat:
The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable

This is the mentality of a man who lives in the Stone-age.

If Britain that created Nigeria can have two referendums in 2 years, one for Scotland to leave Britain and another for Britain to leave the EU, then the unity of Nigeria is not only negotiable, it must be negotiated.

"Unity by force" cannot and never will work.
Truth bro!
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by amaechi1: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
well said mr president. They should return our common wealth. We are better if we stay together.
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by basingstoke: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
Just look at what a president is saying !
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by ayzTIGER: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dull president always saying same shhit over and over again
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by paBuhari(m): 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
Karyane! Nigeria's unity is bery negotiable.
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by paBuhari(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
Jirate:
Forget those yan'iska. I didn't send them any message.
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
Yet you northernised major political appointments
Re: Buhari To Militants: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Horus(m): 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up6mt6zL7A8

[size=14pt]Buhari Says Nigeria's Unity Not Negotiable[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fellow Niger Deltans Let's Come In And Talk About Our Future.... / Atiku Acquires Hundreds Of Toyota Vehicles For Presidential Campaign / Governor Ahmed Abdulfatah Dumps APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.