Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:27 AM

Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (68221 Views)

Soldiers Arrest CJTF Members With Guns At Boundary Between Taraba And Benue.PICS / Meet The Isobos, The Igbo Speaking Tribe Of Obubra LGA Of Cross River State / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

There are proud Igbo people all over Anioma, including Ika and Ukwuani, Osita Mordi is a proud Igbo man from Igbodo in Ika.

Identity crisis is a problem of Ika and Ukwuani and not Enuani.
You as an Ika man can only speak for Ika, and not for Enuani. You can't know more about Enu ani than Asagba of Asaba, who himself is a proud Igbo man.
Stop peddling lies here.
Asagba of Asaba is just one man and he's part of the 20 % that accept the Igbo tag and he's just one of the Kings in Enuani and not even a truly recognized Anioma king. I also made it known that there are few ikas and Ukwani that accept Igbo but very few. but most Enuani people just like their ika brothers have made it known they're not Igbo.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by zuchyblink(m): 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:
But I am supposed to take the words of Chukzblingz over those of Obi of Asaba. grin
Are u sure u are arguing an ANIOMA man? That guy is an impostor from ??
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Asagba of Asaba is just one man and he's part of the 20 % that accept the Igbo tag and he's just one of the Kings in Enuani and not even a truly recognized Anioma king. I also made it known that there are few ikas and Ukwani that accept Igbo but very few. but most Enuani people just like their ika brothers have made it known they're not Igbo.

Most Enuani people? You are a comedian, you know that.

Who are those Enuani people? Okocha is proudly Igbo, Okonjo is proudly Igbo, Utomi is proudly Igbo.
Show me a prominent Enuani person that denied being Igbo?

I have Iselle Uku inlaws, my in-laws are proud Igbos likewise my cousins there, never for once did they pretend being any thing else.

I bet you wish the Enuani shares in your identity crisis. Ndo.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
zuchyblink:
Are u sure u are arguing an ANIOMA man? That guy is an impostor from ??

I wouldn't put it past the Edoic and Yoruboid impostors to pull such off. But the truth remain that there are strong Igbophobic voices in Ukwuani and Ika.

I see him, even though he could be an impostor, as an opportunity to clear up some of the issues surrounding the identity crisis in those parts of Western Igboland.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OMAR12: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

Who are those Enuani people? Okocha is proudly Igbo, Okonjo is proudly Igbo, Utomi is proudly Igbo.
Show me a prominent a Enuani person that denied being Igbo?

I have Iselle Uku inlaws, my in-laws are proud Igbos likewise my cousins there, never for once did they pretend being any thing else.

igboid don't mind that guy, Mr man back ur claim all I need from that chukzyblink of a guy is just 10interview from enuani men and women, to back his claim.if u say anioma is not Igbo please use ur language to give it a proper name not anioma.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

Show me a prominent Enuani person that denied being Igbo?

I've never seen where any of these people you called said they're Igbo apart from Utomi who wanted to be Igbo because of his political ambition but your igbo people denied him. And as I for NOI, he's married to an Igbo man and I've seen people call her Igbo but never heard her say she's Igbo. and as for Okocha? I don't know. but I'm not going to come here to start arguing with someone that is saying there is no Igbo denial in Enuani. it's either you're ignorant or you're just being plain stupid.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I've never seen where any of these people you called said they're Igbo apart from Utomi who wanted to be Igbo because of his political ambition but your igbo people denied him. And as I for NOI, he's married to an Igbo man and I've seen people call her Igbo but never heard her say she's Igbo. and as for Okocha? I don't know. but I'm not going to come here to start arguing with someone that is saying there is no Igbo denial in Enuani. it's either you're ignorant or you're just being plain stupid.

You are grasping at straws...NTOR..LOL
I am a member of Proudly Asaba and Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo...Kachikwu is Igbo,Achuzia,Asagba,Ralph Uwechue,Utomi... 99% of Enuani are proudly Igbo...lol..Ntor!

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

You are grasping at straws...NTOR..LOL
I am a member of Proudly Asaba and Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo...Kachikwu is Igbo,Achuzia,Asagba,Ralph Uwechue,Utomi... 99% of Enuani are proudly Igbo...lol..Ntor!
nobody knows the secret page you just mentioned. the recognized Anioma page is called Anioma Voice. They are groups of related pages and groups. they're made up of all Anioma sociocultural organizations. Go there as an Igbo man and bring up Igbo agenda. I won't tell you what will happen to you. these pages were not created with Igbo in mind. they're normal ethnic pages but any Igbo man that comes there see the unexpected. The founders of most of these groups are from the Enuani area.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by TheOnlyWiseMan: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
I love this.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by attackgat: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
fombadi:

Who's land are the Igbos intending to use for their Biafra,what lands?
If there were tribes,how all of a sudden all the tribes in the south are Igbos,or are you telling me Ijaws,Urhobos,Bini,Itsekiri,Esan etc etc came out of Igbo language?

The thread is about the he 1903 map showing the area that the British identified as Igbo speaking area or Igbo land. Did the area add any Itsekiri, Esan, or Bini to the Igbo speaking area?
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by sukkot: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
dragunov:

Its called menumo. You feel me? Me nu mo.
nah i aint feel you chief lol
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by viewflux(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

Egi is intelligible to Ndiigbo, I know this for a fact. You can put this to a test by writing in Egi right here and right now, and get your translation.

Ogoni are Igbo neighbors and have traded with Ndiigbo too. Same with Andoni and Ogbia, Andoni has many loan Igbo words because of this, but the structure of the language remain non Igboid, but is rather Ibibiod. Andoni interacted with Ijaws, and their language have come to have many Ijaw words in them. Andoni is said to be a Ibibiod with Igbo and Ijaw impurities, Ndiigbo can't understand Andoni and we know they are not Igbos, so you don't hear us saying that Andoni are Igbos, even when they have Igbo influences, for Example Uche Secondus is an Andoni man with an Igbo first name.

Is it not the same Egi where Eze Egi , Elemchukwu Elenwa hailed from? Is his name nolonger an Egi name, yet intelligible to Ndiigbo.
All parts of Ogba speak dialects intelligible to Ndiigbo, because they have been Igbo speaking from the beginning of time and not because of any inter relationship between them and other Igbos.
Igburu-awarra people who though are Ogba people, but are in Imo state confirms this.

On the Ikwerre part, the central Ikwerre languag is intelligible to the Igbo man, interior ones are less intelligible but that also is obtainable in Igboland, where most Igbos will struggle to understand the interior dialects of Izzi people in Ebonyi.
Even my Online Ikwerre friends told me that they also struggle to understand interior Ikwerre dialects, even though they are Ikwerre, yet a careful study of those interior lects show that they are totally Igbo in structure, but with few non Igbo loan words, retained too many extinct proto Igbo words or have bizarre tonations attached to what would otherwise be regular Igbo words.

Ogbu nu Abali literally translates to "He that kills in the night" in Ikwerre dialects. This is not open for debate.

Please, stop dabbling into issues your are ignorant of.

Elemchukwu and Elenwa are not from Egi part of Ogba, please do not say what you do not Know. they are from Igburu part of Ogba but that the name sounds ibo does not mean they are ibo. note that an Eleme man answers Emeka and some other ibo name, does it make them ibo or being originated from ibo, the answer is NO. that the ijaws and the Italians called JESUS by the name gesù does not make an ijaw man to be an Italian. the Ogba, Ahaoda and the Ikwerres traces their origin to the ancient BINI kingdom, that there are different variance of their spoken dialect over time and some bearing resemblance to ibo does not make them IBO. maybe you can ask you Ibo friend to tell you his origin, the last time I check, they claim to originate from ISREAL,

please stop being ignorant of facts and stop being stubborn to the truth.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
nobody knows the secret page you just mentioned. the recognized Anioma page is called Anioma Voice. They are groups of related pages and groups. they're made up of all Anioma sociocultural organizations. Go there as an Igbo man and bring up Igbo agenda. I won't tell you what will happen to you. these pages were not created with Igbo in mind. they're normal ethnic pages but any Igbo man that comes there see the unexpected. The founders of most of these groups are from the Enuani area.

You are deluded! Firstly, you believed to know more about Enu ani than a custodian of Enu ani culture like Obi of Asaba, you dismissed Utomi continual association with Ndiigbo as a political move on his part, lol, and now you are projecting Anioma voice international as the official facebook of Anioma people grin

I am a member of both Anioma voice international and Proudly Anioma proudly Igbo pages.

Anioma voice international has a membership of about 10,000, while proudly Igbo proudly Anioma has a membership of about 11,000, I wonder which of them is more influential.

While Anioma voice international is anchored by strongly Igbophobic elements like Marcus Enudi- Ukwuani, Emeka Esogbule( who used to be pro Igbo not long ago but became rabidly Igbophobic recently for personal and selfish reasons)- Enuani, Gloria Adagbon- Igbanke and Smart Ajaja- Ika.

These individuals are also mostly pro APC and had polluted that group page with Igbophobic comments and articles, prompted Some Igbos in Anioma that are tired of constantly arguing with them to defect to proudly Igbo and Proudly Anioma that is Anchored by Pro Igbo forces of Chukwuneku Samuel- Ukwuani, Osita Mordi- Ika, and myriads of Enuani voices too many to single out a single individual, including Iganke voices too.

Anioma voice international has too many Ukwuani and Ika members, who are mostly Igbophobic, giving the page a strong Odour of Igbophobia, while Proudly Igbo proudly Anioma has too many Enu ani voices who are mostly Igbophilic, and of course with many SE Igbo members, and few Igbophobic Ukwuani and Ika elements who come to cause problems there from time to time.

We know these things, so you don't come here to deceive the gullible ones.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
[b] All Progressives Congress, APC governorship candidate in Rivers State, Dr Dakuku Peterside has described the late Eze Egi of Egiland in Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State, Eze Kingdom Elemchukwu Elenwa as an epitome of courage, peace and justice.

Peterside made the remarks at the burial ceremonies of the late king at Akabuka in Egi kingdom. According to the APC chieftain, the virtues of fairness, impartiality and fearlessness characterized the Eze’s life during his reign.

He said the passage of the respected king is a loss, not only to Egi people but also to Rivers State and all lovers of peace and justice all over the world.

The late Eze Elenwa, Dr Peterside added, spent most of his time on the throne fighting for the good of his people. “He lived sacrificially and believed that justice and peace must go hand in hand. Today, he is remembered and appreciated for leaving a lasting legacy”.

He therefore charged the people of Egi not to despair but to remain united and to always be guided by truth, love for one another, desire for unity and all the good things that the late king stood for.

The burial ceremony of the late monarch was attended by people from all walks of life including the representative of Rivers state Governor, Emma Okah, Chief Godspower Ake, Honourable Asita, APC deputy governorship candidate, among others.

In his remarks, Chief Godspower Ake paid glowing tribute to the late monarch whom he described as a man that was not afraid of anything except God. He said the late monarch during his life time, was ready to pay any sacrifice for truth, justice and peace. Ake also commended former Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi for giving fulfilment to the several decades struggle of the Egi people.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/eze-egis-death-loss-to-rivers-says-dakuku/

[/b]
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

Respect to you boss...

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Viewflux.

That you don't know that Elenwa Elemchukwu is one and same person, let alone knowing that he was the late Eze Egi, Eze Ogba Ukwu,speaks alot about your poor grasp of the subject you are dabbling into and you still want me take you seriously?
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
[b] The minister said: “There is something ethnic and I am going through it now. If you check on the internet there are articles saying that Okonjo-Iweala has gone ethnic but I believe in merit and competition and I don’t really care what part of the country you come from as long as you can do your job and that has always been my tenet. So, actually Igbo don’t find that I am that convincing because I think in Nigeria, we need to have a culture of merit. But by the way, when you think of merit and competition Igbos don’t do badly and that is a problem, we do rather well. Somebody said everybody in the financial sector is Igbo then they began to list people like the deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Director-General of Stock Exchange, Director-General of Securities and Exchange Commission, Director-General of Debt Management Office, myself and Sovereign Wealth Fund.

“Of course, they said because I am Igbo the person in charge of Sovereign Wealth Fund is also Igbo. He won completely by open competition and merit and the other top person there, Mrs. Stella Onyejekwu, got the job completely on merit. We should be proud of the president because despite of everything he insisted that merit prevailed and that those who got the job should be allowed to take it. The president should be commended because there was so much pressure on him. I said to somebody could you check the employment history of some of these people when they were saying that everybody in financial sector is Igbo because I am there. They got there independently on their own merit and most of them got there before me".
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/im-not-pursuing-any-personal-agenda-says-okonjo-iweala/144947/
[/b]

Ofcourse,Ngozi Okonjo Iweala considers herself and her Enu ani people Igbo, and this has nothing to do with her being married to an Umuahia, after all I have not heard Dieziani call herself and her people Igbo simply because she is married to a man from Anambra state, she remained Ijaw.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Abagworo(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
viewflux:

Elemchukwu and Elenwa are not from Egi part of Ogba, please do not say what you do not Know. they are from Igburu part of Ogba but that the name sounds ibo does not mean they are ibo. note that an Eleme man answers Emeka and some other ibo name, does it make them ibo or being originated from ibo, the answer is NO. that the ijaws and the Italians called JESUS by the name gesù does not make an ijaw man to be an Italian. the Ogba, Ahaoda and the Ikwerres traces their origin to the ancient BINI kingdom, that there are different variance of their spoken dialect over time and some bearing resemblance to ibo does not make them IBO. maybe you can ask you Ibo friend to tell you his origin, the last time I check, they claim to originate from ISREAL,

please stop being ignorant of facts and stop being stubborn to the truth.

I don't know what you are trying to arrive at but Ogba language is a separate dialect of Igbo language hence Ogba names are definitely Igbo names unless when borrowed from neighbouring ethnic groups like Ijaw, Engenni, Odual or Abua. Be that as it may Ogba surnames are 98% shared with Igbo.

Read this and lay emphasis on the bolded

1 Eze Ogba buru uzor chi ( The 1st crowned King in Ogbaland) 100% Igbo title

2 Nosike Igwe 100% Igbo name and surname

3 Eze Ijeoma 100 % Igbo title and name

http://www.thenewswriterng.com/?p=11266

Chief (Eld) Christian A.Y. Kokoriko (tourist), the President- General of the League of Character Clubs Nigeria (LCCN) has conferred Character Award on HRM Eze (Hon.) Chamberlain Nosike Moses Igwe III, Eze Ohali (Eze Ogbaburuzorchni).

Speaking at the event, the President General cited humility and patriotism as major reasons for conferring the prestigious award on the respected traditional ruler of Ohali kingdom in Ogbaland in Rivers State.
According to Chief Kokoriko, the Eze Ohali has contributed much towards the development of Omoku, especially Ohali kingdom. He commended the royal father for his love for mankind.

Chief Kokoriko who had earlier announced the appointment of the Eze Ohali as the Patron of the LCCN, saying that the club would soon organize this year’s HRH Chief Pere Dappa Harold Biriye’s Soccer competitions in the south-south region and also the Late Senator (Dr.) Melford Obene Okilo’s seminar on good character. Kokoriko promised to ensure that the club’s peace campaign is being organized across the state.

Receiving the award, the paramount ruler thanked the club for the honour done him. He advised Nigerians not to use any political issue to create violence in the country. The Eze Ogbaburuzorchni charged Nigerians to always stand for the truth stating that character rules the world.

He thanked, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his good intention for the people of Nigeria. He applauded the president’s Transformation Agenda and called on the people of his community to always tread the path of peace and dialogue. He further urged them not to do anything that would frustrate the 2015 general elections.

The highlight of the occasion was the conferment of chieftaincy title on the President General of LCCN, Chief (Eld) Kokoriko as the Eze Ijeoma I of Ogbaland.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Former Super Eagles captain, Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha displayed his sense of humour the Nigeria Young Professionals forum in Lagos where he joked about him and Kanu Nwankwo's Ibo accent.

Jay Jay Okocha who is now the Chairman of the Delta State Football Association made the remarks while addressing President Goodluck Jonathan who was present at the forum.

"Your excellency, I think I don't have to say much because politics and football have something in common; there are played in the open field and I think your success story speaks for itself, " Jay Jay Okocha said.

"I want to say something about patriotism. My friend Kanu (Nwankwo) and I are the only ones that played in Europe for almost 40 years and came back with our Ibo accent. If that is not patriotism, I don't know what that mean," Okocha joked. http://pulse.ng/sports/football/jay-jay-okocha-former-super-eagles-maestro-jokes-about-his-ibo-accent-id3594097.html

Of course, Okocha considers himself Igbo, only few non entities in Enu ani who feel they can lay their life failures on the feet on the SE deny themselves, successful Enu ani people, who are in the majority are all proud Igbos, it's in the gene, Igbo equates success.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by SlayerSupreme: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
marshborn:
I am actually from etche and i not surprised to see this, even though I was brought up with the mentality that i am not igbo, I always felt a close affinity to them, because that was the closest thing my language sounded like.
So I guess the important question is: Are you Igbo or not?
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Abagworo(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Why most Igbos on Nairaland attacking me all these while should forget sentiments and follow my lead is because everything I've written came with total research and experience. Ika and Ukwuani people only have 20% Igbo followership while Aniocha and Oshimili or Enuani has 95% Igbo patriotism. Our only brothers in Delta are Aniocha and Oshimili the rest should park one side. Igboland will never achieve its potential if we continue to consider all Igbo speakers as our brothers because they hate being Igbo and have since denied their origin. They should just be while we unite as 5 SE States with only 4 LGAs in SS viz Oyigbo and Egbema part of ONELGA in Rivers State alongside Aniochas and Oshimilis in Delta State.

These people listed here speak Igbo but are not our brothers

1 Ogba

2 Ndoni

3 Ikwerre

4 Ika

5 Etche/Omuma

6 Opobo

7 Bonny

Having them in our fold further corrupts more Igbos. Example is the invasion of Ohaji/Egbema by Icelanders and Greenlanders from Rivers State and turning our youths from business and farming minded people to oil bunkerers, kidnappers and cultists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by marshborn(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

So I guess the important question is: Are you Igbo or not?
I am that I am
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

You are deluded! Firstly, you believed to know more about Enu ani than a custodian of Enu ani culture like Obi of Asaba, you dismissed Utomi continual association with Ndiigbo as a political move on his part, lol, and now you are projecting Anioma voice international as the official facebook of Anioma people grin

I am a member of both Anioma voice international and Proudly Anioma proudly Igbo pages.

Anioma voice international has a membership of about 10,000, while proudly Igbo proudly Anioma has a membership of about 11,000, I wonder which of them is more influential.

While Anioma voice international is anchored by strongly Igbophobic elements like Marcus Enudi- Ukwuani, Emeka Esogbule( who used to be pro Igbo not long ago but became rabidly Igbophobic recently for personal and selfish reasons)- Enuani, Gloria Adagbon- Igbanke and Smart Ajaja- Ika.

These individuals are also mostly pro APC and had polluted that group page with Igbophobic comments and articles, prompted Some Igbos in Anioma that are tired of constantly arguing with them to defect to proudly Igbo and Proudly Anioma that is Anchored by Pro Igbo forces of Chukwuneku Samuel- Ukwuani, Osita Mordi- Ika, and myriads of Enuani voices too many to single out a single individual, including Iganke voices too.

Anioma voice international has too many Ukwuani and Ika members, who are mostly Igbophobic, giving the page a strong Odour of Igbophobia, while Proudly Igbo proudly Anioma has too many Enu ani voices who are mostly Igbophilic, and of course with many SE Igbo members, and few Igbophobic Ukwuani and Ika elements who come to cause problems there from time to time.

We know these things, so you don't come here to deceive the gullible ones.
I'm a member of both pages and I'm not going to argue with you on facebook pages. You deliberately omitted the real admins and founders of Anioma voice that are From Enuani. For your information, Anioma voice is not a single group. It's a group of pages and it's very wide. Anioma voice has a very standard organization with branches all over Nigeria and the world at large. and it's members cut across all parts of Anioma with few Igbo members while proudly Igbo Proudly Anioma is an Igbo page with predominantly Igbo members that with the intention of forcing Igbo on Anioma people .

And for the people you mentioned, Esogbue and Mordi have always been pro Igbo and they're still pro Igbo in different ways and they both have many things in common. One good thing I like about the both of them is that they're honest and truthful in pursuing what what they intend to achieve. Esogbue dishes out history without prejudice, according to his findings and personal conviction. same thing I observed about Mordi. While Esogbue is of the opinion that Anioma is heterogeneous with founders from different places, so we have what it takes to be on our own, Mordi is of the opinion that Anioma is heterogeneous with founders from different places but we have more to gain if we align with the SE. they both have different agendas but they don't go about it concocting lies and distorting people's History like I've noticed with many igbos. Igbos believe in propaganda and they can go to any length for it.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by obaino860: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
Suntzung:
Land Onya, Ole, Barawo Go and collect am Nah make we see how the Ekwares & co Ndeltans go finish U.

take a look at d Nigerian map....and you will see that we had no boundary or anything to do with you guys before this bound age called one Nigeria..
Take time and study d map very well....
d only state that have a very tiny boundary with you guys is delta
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Udmaster(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL, which Enuani? I am not here 4 argument, reduce ur Igbophobic hatred, it will take you nowhere. Believe me.
Hatred keepz you in a cage.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Udmaster(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
marshborn:

I am that I am
But some Etche villages bears the name IGBO to it?
Your king is named ONYE NDU ETCHE. isnt it?
Whatever sha, I Now believe that Any people should be allowed to be whatever they want, If Etche is not Igbo, then its ok.
The Civil War Loss did a lot of damage.
But the IGBO NATION will march forward.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Udmaster:
LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL, which Enuani? I am not here 4 argument, reduce ur Igbophobic hatred, it will take you nowhere. Believe me.
Hatred keepz you in a cage.
I don't understand your comment. But as for hating the Igbo ? you're very wrong. I don't hate the Igbo. I'm supposed to like the Igbo. And politically, I'm for the Igbo and any day any Igbo man dies for being Igbo, it hurts me so much. but I'm not going to let my love for the Igbo allow them distort my history and call my elders, forefathers and ancestors liars. That's the height of insolence. I'm not going to allow my love for Igbo make me blind to how they are using the tool of propaganda and their population advantage flood the internet with lies about my people. somebody has to speak up because when lies are told repeatedly, it starts looking like the truth. that's what the igbos are doing.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Udmaster(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I don't understand your comment. But as for hating the Igbo ? you're very wrong. I don't hate the Igbo. I'm supposed to like the Igbo. And politically, I'm for the Igbo and any day any Igbo man dies for being Igbo, it hurts me so much. but I'm not going to let my love for the Igbo allow them distort my history and call my elders, forefathers and ancestors liars. That's the height of insolence. I'm not going to allow my love for Igbo make me blind to how they are using the tool of propaganda and their population advantage flood the internet with lies about my people. somebody has to speak up because when lies are told repeatedly, it starts looking like the truth. that's what the igbos are doing.
you are an Ika man.. Ika is NOT Igbo. If that is ur conviction, then its ok.
Lets end this whole brouhaha.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I'm a member of both pages and I'm not going to argue with you on facebook pages. You deliberately omitted the real admins and founders of Anioma voice that are From Enuani. For your information, Anioma voice is not a single group. It's a group of pages and it's very wide. Anioma voice has a very standard organization with branches all over Nigeria and the world at large. and it's members cut across all parts of Anioma with few Igbo members while proudly Igbo Proudly Anioma is an Igbo page with predominantly Igbo members that with the intention of forcing Igbo on Anioma people .

And for the people you mentioned, Esogbue and Mordi have always been pro Igbo and they're still pro Igbo in different ways and they both have many things in common. One good thing I like about the both of them is that they're honest and truthful in pursuing what what they intend to achieve. Esogbue dishes out history without prejudice, according to his findings and personal conviction. same thing I observed about Mordi. While Esogbue is of the opinion that Anioma is heterogeneous with founders from different places, so we have what it takes to be on our own, Mordi is of the opinion that Anioma is heterogeneous with founders from different places but we have more to gain if we align with the SE. they both have different agendas but they don't go about it concocting lies and distorting people's History like I've noticed with many igbos. Igbos believe in propaganda and they can go to any length for it.

How exactly have the Igbos concocted lies or distorted Ika history?

I am all ears.

No, Emeka Esogbue sees himself as an Anioma man, nothing more and nothing less, he is amongst the deluded few out to create an Anioma ethnic nationality out of Western Igboland, he is strongly Igbophobic as with all those who seek to create new ethnic groups in the 21st century, and he distorts history to project an edoic one, while subtly suppressing the Igboid ones.

Osita Mordi on the other hand is not just pro Igbo, he is A proud Igbo man and does not believe in the push for distinct Anioma ethnicity out Western Igboland, unlike Esogbue, Mordi has a good grasp of the history of the history of Igbo clans in SE and understands that unlike what myopic peeps like Esogbue thinks, SE just like Anioma also is heterogeneous in origin and not a monolithic region.
Mordi presents Anioma history as an Igbo man he is, with no bias, he seeks to find links between Anioma towns and SE, while at same time acknowledging the Edo, Igala and Yoruba( as seen in Odiani clan) influences in Anioma region. The difference between him and Esogbue is as wide as the difference between Light and darkness.

I am not surprised that you see proudly Igbo proudly Anioma the way you see it, it's the Igbophobia in you speaking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

How exactly have the Igbos concocted lies or distorted Ika history?

I am all ears.

No, Emeka Esogbue sees himself as an Anioma man, nothing more and nothing less, he is amongst the deluded few out to create an Anioma ethnic nationality out of Western Igboland, he is strongly Igbophobic as with all those who seek to create new ethnic groups in the 21st century, and he distorts history to project an edoic one, while subtly suppressing the Igboid ones.

Osita Mordi on the other hand is not just pro Igbo, he is A proud Igbo man and does not believe in the push for distinct Anioma ethnicity out Western Igboland, unlike Esogbue, Mordi has a good grasp of the history of the history of Igbo clans in SE and understands that unlike what myopic peeps like Esogbue thinks, SE just like Anioma also is heterogeneous in origin and not a monolithic region.
Mordi presents Anioma history as an Igbo man he is, with no bias, he seeks to find links between Anioma towns and SE, while at same time acknowledging the Edo, Igala and Yoruba( as seen in Odiani clan) influences in Anioma region. The difference between him and Esogbue is as wide as the difference between Light and darkness.

I am not surprised that you see proudly Igbo proudly Anioma the way you see it, it's the Igbophobia in you speaking.
You as a typical Igbo man sees anybody that doesn't believe in what you believe in as an enemy. you Igbos curse and call anybody that disagrees with you name. I don't understand if it's the nature of Igbos. Esogbue as a man agreed his village is from the East. He writes history based on his findings and personal conviction. I don't have the same view with Mordi, but I respect how honest he is in presenting his facts and anytime I have a different view with what he writes, I'm mostly convinced he wrote it out of his personal conviction without any ulterior Motives. most of Esogbues research is about the South East. If you're a member of Anioma Voice you should know that. He believes himself to be an Igbo descendant but he based on his conviction that many others from anioma are not descendants of Igbo, it will be selfish of him to force his ethnicity on them. this has always been his argument. Esogbue has never denied been a descendant of Igbo and most of his research that I read, he always try to present his facts without bias. Mordi is good but not as wide and erudite as Esogbue. Esogbue is a well known historian and please don't let your hatred for the fact that he has a divergent view from you make you deny that.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Igboid: 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
chukzyblingz:
You as a typical Igbo man sees anybody that doesn't believe in what you believe in as an enemy. you Igbos curse and call anybody that disagrees with you name. I don't understand if it's the nature of Igbos. Esogbue as a man agreed his village is from the East. He writes history based on his findings and personal conviction. I don't have the same view with Mordi, but I respect how honest he is in presenting his facts and anytime I have a different view with what he writes, I'm mostly convinced he wrote it out of his personal conviction without any ulterior Motives. most of Esogbues research is about the South East. If you're a member of Anioma Voice you should know that. He believes himself to be an Igbo descendant but he based on his conviction that many others from anioma are not descendants of Igbo, it will be selfish of him to force his ethnicity on them. this has always been his argument. Esogbue has never denied been a descendant of Igbo and most of his research that I read, he always try to present his facts without bias. Mordi is good but not as wide and erudite as Esogbue. Esogbue is a well known historian and please don't let your hatred for the fact that he has a divergent view from you make you deny that.

Esogbue doesn't consider himself an Igbo man, that's all there is about it. He considers himself an Anioma man and sees the promotion of perceived heterogeneous origin of Anioma as a leeway to promote distinctiveness big enough in his myopic eyes to create a new ethnic out of Anioma. The few non biased articles Esogbue has are those he wrote before he became consumed with Igbophobia. He reminds me of Relechi Ramadi.

There is nothing erudite about Esogbue or his concoction of history, Mordi write ups and articles are always deeper, more detailed and more Laden with facts based on historical research, he is many levels ahead of Esogbue in all ramifications.

Ndiigbo don't have time for inconsequential beings, we only step in when folks start projecting Igbophobia. Only you know where you got the idea of Ndiigbo seeing whoever that doesn't believe in what we believe in as Enemies.

By the way, you have failed to show me how Ndiigbo tried to distort Ika history. I am still waiting to hear about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor / The Jail Cell Where Femi Fani-kayode Will Be Spending Time At Kuje Prison / Nigerians Blast Zahra Buhari For Making Mistake While Defending Her Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.