Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder (1810 Views)

I Need Advice On 2007 Mazda Cx-9 / A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car / How Do I Differentiate Between 2007 Nissan Altima From 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
The car performance is still super,i have not noticed any abnormality,yet it keeps throwing up "check engine light" and the code is P0011.

I have cleaned the IVT,checked the electrical connection to the IVT and changed the lube oil,yet the code keeps coming back. Sometimes it doesn't show for days.

What could be the problem friends?

I notice my engine vibrates each time i switch off my AC as well.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
jodeci:
The car performance is still super,i have not noticed any abnormality,yet it keeps throwing up "check engine light" and the code is P0011.

I have cleaned the IVT,checked the electrical connection to the IVT and changed the lube oil,yet the code keeps coming back. Sometimes it doesn't show for days.

What could be the problem friends?

I notice my engine vibrates each time i switch off my AC as well.
IVT means Intake Valve Timing. So what do you mean by cleaning "the IVT"? However, you may check the following: crankshaft position sensor; camshaft position sensor bank 1; and intake valve control solenoid valve bank 1.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
Costee:

IVT means Intake Valve Timing. So what do you mean by cleaning "the IVT"? However, you may check the following: crankshaft position sensor; camshaft position sensor bank 1; and intake valve control solenoid valve bank 1.

I have applied 12V to the Ivt solenoid and it pops in and out,i have also taken the solenoid and the valve apart,cleaned the internals and coupled back.

If crankshaft or camshaft position sensor is the problem,the SUV will not start at all,but it starts,runs well and check engine keeps poping up.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
P0011 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1) OBD-II DTC Trouble Code Description Generic: "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1) Nissan: Camshaft variable timing control - Bank 1 - performance What does that mean? A code P0011 refers to the VVT (variable valve timing) or VCT (variable camshaft timing) components and the car's PCM (powertrain control module, also called an ECM). That consists of a few different components but the P0011 DTC specifically refers to the camshaft (cam) timing. In this case, if the cam timing is above a set limit (over-advanced), the engine light will be illluminated and the code will be set. The "A" camshaft is either the intake, left, or front camshaft. Potential Symptoms Most likely a P0011 DTC will result in one of the following: hard starting, poor idle, and/or stalling. There are potentially other symptoms as well. Of course, when trouble codes are set, the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp, a.k.a. the check engine light) illuminates. Causes A P0011 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following: Incorrect camshaft timing Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open) Possible Solutions This DTC code is a result of a mechanical fault of the VCT unit or related components, so there is no need for electrical diagnosis. Refer to vehicle specific repair manual to perform component tests for the VCT unit. Notes: Dealer techs have advanced tools and the ability to follow detailed troubleshooting steps, including the ability to test components using a scan tool.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0011
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Cc: honmusa, mayor2013
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Cc: honmusa, mayor2013
Thanks bro. But this sounds much more complex for me.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by mayor2013: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 to get a solution
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
mayor2013:
Call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 to get a solution

Location pls. I'm PortHarcourt based.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by mayor2013: 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
We located in Lagos
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
jodeci:

I have applied 12V to the Ivt solenoid and it pops in and out,i have also taken the solenoid and the valve apart,cleaned the internals and coupled back.

If crankshaft or camshaft position sensor is the problem,the SUV will not start at all,but it starts,runs well and check engine keeps poping up.
When there are codes I prefer to refer to specific manufacturer’s factory service manual. Here’s what Nissan says as to the possible causes of the code in your 2007 Pathfinder: Crankshaft position sensor; Camshaft position sensor; Intake valve timing control solenoid valve; Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft; Timing chain installation; Foreign matter caught in the oil groove for intake valve timing control.
Perhaps I should add (or ask) if there had been any recent repairs that could have caused a misalignment of the timing chain.
If all else fails it just might be the beginning of the collapse of camshaft system. This code came up recently on a nephew's 2006 Mazda 6. Sadly, it was a change of the entire engine that took away the code.

PS: Check to confirm that the oil pressure is normal. I guess that could be done with a gauge at the oil pressure switch port.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2016
Costee:

When there are codes I prefer to refer to specific manufacturer’s factory service manual. Here’s what Nissan says as to the possible causes of the code in your 2007 Pathfinder: Crankshaft position sensor; Camshaft position sensor; Intake valve timing control solenoid valve; Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft; Timing chain installation; Foreign matter caught in the oil groove for intake valve timing control.
Perhaps I should add (or ask) if there had been any recent repairs that could have caused a misalignment of the timing chain.
If all else fails it just might be the beginning of the collapse of camshaft system. This code came up recently on a nephew's 2006 Mazda 6. Sadly, it was a change of the entire engine that took away the code.

PS: Check to confirm that the oil pressure is normal. I guess that could be done with a gauge at the oil pressure switch port.

Yea,i replaced the timing chain.
Like i stated earlier,car performance is super,starts at one click and does not have any power loss issue.

I pray i wont have to go back to readjusting the chain cos that will be a long walk..very tedious job.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
jodeci:

Yea,i replaced the timing chain.
Like i stated earlier,car performance is super,starts at one click and does not have any power loss issue.

I pray i wont have to go back to readjusting the chain cos that will be a long walk..very tedious job.
Wonder why you didn't disclose that earlier. Anyway, I'm afraid you might have to retrace your steps back in there, or learn to live with the code.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
Costee:

Wonder why you didn't disclose that earlier. Anyway, I'm afraid you might have to retrace your steps back in there, or learn to live with the code.

Thanks bro for all your input,you are great.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
the P0011 DTC specifically refers to the camshaft (cam) timing. In this case, if the cam timing is above a set limit (over-advanced), the engine light will be illluminated and the code will be set.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=47299480][/quote]

Thanks bro,from the manual,the timing is 16 degrees BTDC. What i dont know is how to get this exactly ,i tried the best i could to match the marks pre and post chain installation.
How i wish i could get an expert tool to do this,it is quite interesting.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
jodeci:

...from the manual,the timing is 16 degrees BTDC. What i dont know is how to get this exactly ,i tried the best i could to match the marks pre and post chain installation.
How i wish i could get an expert tool to do this,it is quite interesting.
15 +/- 5 degrees BTDC. Yeah, something like a timing light should come in handy.
Btw, what's your rpm at idle speed?
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Costee:

15 +/- 5 degrees BTDC. Yeah, something like a timing light should come in handy.
Btw, what's your rpm at idle speed?

700 Rpm on idle,with the AC on it ups to 900 or 1000
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
jodeci:

700 Rpm on idle,with the AC on it ups to 900 or 1000
Wow! Yet you believe the performance of your Pathy is "still super." Your spec should be 625+/-50, i.e., 675 max. Under normal operating conditions the fact that its under a/c load should affect rpm only marginally. Surely, it's not-all-that-glitters-that's-gold for now. We could try to bring down the rpm to specs, though it might still be necessary to address the timing issue too.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Costee:

Wow! Yet you believe the performance of your Pathy is "still super." Your spec should be 625+/-50, i.e., 675 max. Under normal operating conditions the fact that its under a/c load should affect rpm only marginally. Surely, it's not-all-that-glitters-that's-gold for now. We could try to bring down the rpm to specs, though it might still be necessary to address the timing issue too.

The Rpm is about that 625 to 675,i just gave the 700 as round figure.I will post the pic of rpm in the morning when i start it.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
jodeci:

The Rpm is about that 625 to 675,i just gave the 700 as round figure.I will post the pic of rpm in the morning when i start it.
Ok. The high figure under load is however still not satisfactory. A scan tool with bidirectional capabilities may be applied to possibly regulate some of these issues. I'm nowhere near your location so I'm unable to render any assistance in that respect.
Re: P0011 On 2007 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2016
Costee:

Ok. The high figure under load is however still not satisfactory. A scan tool with bidirectional capabilities may be applied to possibly regulate some of these issues. I'm nowhere near your location so I'm unable to render any assistance in that respect.

Here it is

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Car Within The Price Tag Of 2million To 800000 / Honda Accord Discussion 2007 4 Cylinder Maintenance Cost. / Prices Of Lamborghini Veneno In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.