Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,069 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna (448 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Kaduna ‎- The Christ Evangelical Intercessory Fellowship Ministry of Nigeria in Kaduna, on Wednesday distributed over 1,000 packaged food and drinks to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), destitute and widows to mark Sallah celebration.

The General Overseer of the church, Pastor Yohanna Buru, said that gesture was aimed at promoting peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Christians in the country.

Buru led a team of Christian and Muslim youths to distribute the food, including clothes to inmates of Kaduna Central Prison and IDPs at Badarawa, Ungwan Dosa, Barakallau and Rigasa, all located in the northern part of Kaduna metropolis.

“We see it as a duty to support our brothers with food so that they can join other Muslims around the world to celebrate Eid-El-Fitr.

“The bible teaches us to love our neighbours as we love ourselves; as such, as Christian clerics we are simply obeying the teaching of the holy book.

“This is the fifth year we are distributing food and drinks to the less privilege, inmates and widows during Sallah period as well as donate clothes to orphanages, “Burusaid.

Also speaking, Pastor Maxwell Sanda, who was in the entourage, noted that some Muslim brothers always join Christians to celebrate Christmas and NewYear.

“Today we are here to extend hands of love to the needy and those in distress as God will expect of all humanity,” he said.

One of the IDPs from Borno State, Mamam Aisha Gam bor in Gala, a mother of seven, thanked the church for the gesture, saying, “No one has brought us food except you.”

“We are grateful and call on good Samaritans in the state to remember us while eating their delicious meal,” she said.

The Church members also visited Mallam Nigger Skill Acquisition Centre in Rigasa and distributed food to drugs addicts undergoing rehabilitation in the centre.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/church-distributes-sallah-food-destitute-idps-others-kaduna/
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by SUPOL(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
Thats d spirit. Keep it up.
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
demonstrating munificence is one of the foremost responsibility that Christ bequeathed to us as pragmatic Christians.

Christianity is indeed a blessing to the world.
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by winner01(m): 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
winner01:
seun, front page na undecided
I am sure it will be promptly featured on FP if it was a controversial topic that tends to detract Christianity.

I am not surprised anyway, not bizarre to me.
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by winner01(m): 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
blueto:
I am sure it will be promptly featured on FP if it was a controversial topic that tends to detract Christianity.

I am not surprised anyway, not bizarre to me.
Exactly, topics like Pastor defiles 4 yesrs old.

1 Like

Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by Samunique(m): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
Let's keep showing them love, even if some keep paying back with sword and hatred, the end will justify the means !

And love shall surely prevail !!!

1 Like

Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by tartar9(m): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Samunique:
Let's keep showing them love, even if some keep paying back with sword and hatred, the end will justify the means !

And love shall surely prevail !!!
guy Shut up! didn't also a similar news of Muslims doing the same in Kaduna appear sometime ago,the xtians are trying to repay that nice gesture....thou I know the real motive is to take advantage of poor and hungry "damned souls" in order to spread their so-called gospel.
Re: Church Distributes Sallah Food To Destitute, Idps, Others In Kaduna by Samunique(m): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2016
tartar9:

guy Shut up! didn't also a similar news of Muslims doing the same in Kaduna appear sometime ago,the xtians are trying to repay that nice gesture....thou I know the real motive is to take advantage of poor and hungry "damned souls" in order to spread their so-called gospel.
Maybe u were making a little bit of sense until the "monster in you "Islam" that has slain your good sense of reasoning suddenly pooped up with your last sentences.

Anyways, I don't blame you!

It is the spirit !!!

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Born Again Will It Stop You From Some Addiction??? / Your Life Is Not A Competition. Quit Envy.... / 5 Reasons Sex Within A Marriage Is The Best Sex You Will Ever Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.