Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? (4392 Views)

Gsd and caucasian adult mix female dog available for sale in ph / I Need A Cheap Dog Of#3k To #5k... Contact Me Here / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by hakinze00(m): 12:21am On Jul 07, 2016
hello fellow dog lovers and vets, please a question have been bothering me,is it advisable to mate a male and female dog of the same parent together?

1 Like

Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by bellenornor(f): 12:23am On Jul 07, 2016
Don't know. But, they're animals after all... beasts.
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by spinna: 12:35am On Jul 07, 2016
this is not a good practice its called inbreeding, the resulting pups wont be very healthy and will likely have genetic flaws because they come from the same set of genes. But y didnt u just ask google?

1 Like

Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by greatJohnson(m): 6:59am On Jul 07, 2016
inbreeding is not advised. it will affect the quality of your dogs in future. Google will enlighten you better.
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by hakinze00(m): 12:14am On Jul 08, 2016
thanks all for the replies
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by Emrixx(f): 7:00am On Jul 08, 2016
Even d bible is against it dog as an intelligent animal I don't think they will mate
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by jeff1607(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2016
Some of the dogs we ve today are as a result of inbreeding, but it has its disadvantages, unless you have a plan to either keep a desired trait or behaviour and later u try increasing the gene pool.

Most wolves pups die as a result of inbreeding, leading to far lesser pups in the pack or the pack's susceptibility to certain common diseases
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
Most pure breeds are a result of continuous inbreeding as well as mixed breeding. Inbreeding is done to reinforce certain genes, as the gene pool is similar, it 'doubles' some certain genes, thus making them dominant e.g color of coat, size, etc.

Summary of my turanci is 'inbreeding is done so as to achieve specific results, and should be done under strict supervision while being mindful of the health hazards that may occur'
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by egorov(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
inbreeding, linebreeding, incestous breeding is not advised in dog breeding. ur pups will come out bad and they might even die. I've heard of one that resulted in one of the puppies having an open skull.
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by Eveezy(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
egorov:
inbreeding, linebreeding, incestous breeding is not advised in dog breeding. ur pups will come out bad and they might even die. I've heard of one that resulted in one of the puppies having an open skull.
But bro u know that all these are assumptions, its not a certain situation for d pups to ve pronounced faults, every line has its own fault, even if u breed to unrelated dogs wit great fault, d fault might bcom pronounced in d pups, if Both parents are healthy, only d receive gene might come out eventually, continuous inbreeding is wat causes the fault. Inbreeding is not encouraged as it isbd beginning of disaster, BT u can do in breeding if u wanna breed a particular trait out
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by egorov(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Eveezy:

But bro u know that all these are assumptions, its not a certain situation for d pups to ve pronounced faults, every line has its own fault, even if u breed to unrelated dogs wit great fault, d fault might bcom pronounced in d pups, if Both parents are healthy, only d receive gene might come out eventually, continuous inbreeding is wat causes the fault. Inbreeding is not encouraged as it isbd beginning of disaster, BT u can do in breeding if u wanna breed a particular trait out
yea, uve raised a good point. But first of all, these are not assumptions, they are as a result of what early breeders have experienced, and I can assure u that continuous inbreeding will always give u 80% poor litter
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by egorov(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Eveezy:

yea, uve raised a good point. But first of all, these are not assumptions, they are as a result of what early breeders have experienced, and I can assure u that continuous inbreeding will always give u 80% poor litter. I will try and give u some information on results of inbreeding later in the day
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by Eveezy(m): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
egorov:
yea, uve raised a good point. But first of all, these are not assumptions, they are as a result of what early breeders have experienced, and I can assure u that continuous inbreeding will always give u 80% poor litter. I will try and give u some information on results of inbreeding later in the day
well, u said it, continuous inbreeding, plus always shouldn't be d term to use. it could bring. have u noticed that two whit gsds may mate and produce black and tan? if u as a breeder wanna breed out d black and tan, inbreeding could be used to produce a pup DT atleast four generations have bin all white and den same inbreeding would be done wit anoda line of gsd to get white and eventually breed d offsprings of both lines, and u would get all white gsd plus won't be inbreeding again. inbreeding can be allowed when it is planned
Re: Can I Mate A Male And Female Dog Of The Same Parent? by olisafincy(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
that's called inbreeding. yeah it's done

(1) (Reply)

Very Graphic Pix...pitbull Kills Its Owner / Are These Pure German Shepherd Dogs? / Solid Caucasian Shepherd And German Shepherd Mix Puppies For Sale In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.