Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss (984 Views)

CBN Brings Back Cash Handling Fees For Bank Customers / Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by dejirule: 7:40am On Jul 07, 2016
April 8, 2015
Aproko247

http://www.aproko247.com/2015/04/08/skye-bank-customers-in-panic-withdrawal-over-jonathans-loss/

As you read this, several customers of Skye Bank are in fear and have already started withdrawing their hard-earned money in care of the bank. For some others, they have begun closing their accounts with Skye Bank because of fear of the unknown.

The reason for this, as Aproko247 learnt, is not far-fetched.

According to some of them who spoke with our correspondent, the public support the Chairman of Skye Bank, Tunde Ayeni, gave President Goodluck Jonathan is the main reason for their decision. They fear that since the President lost his bid to get re-elected on Saturday, March 28, 2015, the bank may be doomed.

It would be recalled that in December 2014, Ayeni publicly donated the sum of N2 billion for Jonathan at a dinner held in Abuja to raise fund for his re-election campaign.

This was kicked against by some shareholders of the financial institution, who frowned at the action of the bank’s Chairman.

When Aproko247 asked some of the customers, who have started closing their accounts with the bank, the reason for their actions, they were unanimous in their responses.
Most of them feared that the incoming government may mark the bank for victimisation and before something happens to their sweat, it would be safe for them to quickly move their money to other reliable banks that will protect their money.

As at press time, no official of the bank could be reached for comment as the phone number of Head, Corporate
Communications, Skye Bank, Rasheed Bolarinwa, was not reachable

http://www.aproko247.com/2015/04/08/skye-bank-customers-in-panic-withdrawal-over-jonathans-loss/
Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by aeronot(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2016
How can news of last year be posted today? What kind of silly confusion is this piece trying to create?
Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by AtlanticBreeze: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2016
Buhari witch hunting till 2019
Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by dejirule: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2016
aeronot:
How can news of last year be posted today? What kind of silly confusion is this piece trying to create?

No confusion sir, just surprised that people foresaw the skye bank issue more than a year ago.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by StOla: 7:54am On Jul 07, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Buhari witch hunting till 2019

I have a lot of money in skye bank but I'm not moved because I know that AMCON is up to the task to prevent the collapse of any bank, and prevent defaulting debtors from running away from their lawful debts like Ifeanyi Ubah and Sen Ben Bruce.

Riddle me this, why did Jonathan wait till Tunde Ayeni donated N2B to his re-election campaign before approving the take-over of mainstreet bank by Skye Bank?
Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by 0ubenji(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2016
aeronot:
I tire
An addendum of some sort cud av helped as a corroborative report to this archived piece..
U jux offloaded somtin here nd told ur readers -"Go figure"..

This is lame journalism mehn..
Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by dejirule: 8:12am On Jul 07, 2016
0ubenji:

I tire
An addendum of some sort cud av helped as a corroborative report to this archived piece..
U jux offloaded somtin here nd told ur readers -"Go figure"..

This is lame journalism mehn..

Thanks for the feedback. I am not a journalist though.
Re: Skye Bank Customers In Panic Withdrawal Over Jonathan's Loss by 0ubenji(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2016
dejirule:

Thanks for the feedback. I am not a journalist though.
Uwc Sir...I criticize constructively..

Journalism is not wholly the job of a journalist..
U av a nice piece up thr..

Biko don't waste it.
..kindly modify by adding a composition to it for comprehension' sakes..

(1) (Reply)

MOTIVATION: A Graduate Of Accounting Seen Hawking Food With A Wheel Barrow In Ek / Black Market Rate Of Naira To Rupees / Omg!!! Hausa Man Paid N20k For A Bag Of Rice In Ibadan & Money Turns To N5 & N10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.