Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale (1114 Views)

Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2016
Examine your view/belief very well, before you choose.

1. Strong Theist: I do not question the existence
of God, I KNOW he exists.

2. De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I
strongly believe in God and I live my life on
the assumption that he is there.

3. Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am
inclined to believe in God.

4. Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-
existence are exactly equiprobable
(equally likely to occur; having equal probability)

5. Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God
exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.

6. De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but
I think God is very improbable and I live my
life under the assumption that he is not there.

7. Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no
God.

As for me, I fall in Number(1).

My reasons are;

(1). Biblically, I believe in God because of the event that happened between 'Elijah and the prophets of baal. And also John 3:16; for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son....... That was very kind of him (God)

(2). Personally, I believe in God and that he exists because I have experienced his presence and manifestation.

(3) Mathematically,

The Force/Energy that is doing all the miracles I experience, especially when the name of jesus/God is being used, is special.

Or; [calling upon the name of God] + [healing the sick/handicapped] - [scientific explanation] = Special force/energy

hence; let that special force/energy be God. That is how I mathematically believe in God.

Now, you can tell us where you fall in and why you fall in there.
Some people who may not be well informed both theist/atheist might as well learn one or few things from your own
reason(s).

4 Likes

Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by ikbnice(m): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2016
#3 on the scale.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2016
ikbnice:
#3 on the scale.
Hmm, was once like you. Hope you won't fall out to number (4)...
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by donnffd(m): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2016
I am a #6
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2016
#
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Ranchhoddas: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2016
This is from Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion right?
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by jayriginal: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Don't mind the OP.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Toyolad(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
A De-Facto Theist
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Yeah, and extraction from it.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
jayriginal:

Don't mind the OP.
any problem?
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Macelliot(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
donnffd:
I am a #6
where are you from??
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
donnffd:
I am a #6
I don't think you are very sure of what you chose.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by donnffd(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
SenatePresdo:
I don't think you are very sure of what you chose.

See me see wahala o...

You ask question, i answered, you say u think i am not sure.

Why did u ask in the first place?

Smh
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by donnffd(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Macelliot:
where are you from??

How does where i am from come into play here?

I am curious
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by jayriginal: 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
SenatePresdo:
any problem?

Plagiarism.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
#6 on some days, #7 on others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 7:40am On Jul 08, 2016
jayriginal:

Plagiarism.

Funny you.

I didn't claim to be the original writer because I know many have read the Delusion of God, by Richard D.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by jayriginal: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Funny you.

I didn't claim to be the original writer because I know many have read the Delusion of God, by Richard D.

Then cite your source dammit!

Failure to do so is known as plagiarism.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by UyiIredia(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2016
No 1 here.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2016
6 moving towards 7
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2016
jayriginal:

Then cite your source dammit!

Failure to do so is known as plagiarism.

Assuming I used Newton's laws of motion, which are numerous on the net, you will also ask me to cite the source?
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by flamingREED(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2016
Me

T-H-T

THIRD HEAVEN THEIST
grin
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by jayriginal: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Assuming I used Newton's laws of motion, which are numerous on the net, you will also ask me to cite the source?

Do you know what plagiarism is?
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
jayriginal:

Do you know what plagiarism is?
plagiarism - /ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/ noun 1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello.

@Op

If people are to answer your question, it would be of some help to first define what you mean by god.

It is very unclear what you mean and from your comments it seems you speak about god as presented by the bible.

Further, I find the answers too simplistic. For instance Yahweh may exist but no be the ultimate god, or just be a deity among others, even be the union of the thought-forms/egregore of some.

Well, the devil is in the details.

greetings.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by ValentineMary(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
LoJ:
Hello.

@Op

If people are to answer your question, it would be of some help to first define what you mean by god.

It is very unclear what you mean and from your comments it seems you speak about god as presented by the bible.

Further, I find the answers too simplistic. For instance Yahweh may exist but no be the ultimate god, or just be a deity among others, even be the union of the thought-forms/egregore of some.

Well, the devil is in the details.

greetings.

God; should be the first source of everything, even if you personally doesn't believe it is yahweh.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 09, 2016
SenatePresdo:

God; should be the first source of everything, even if you personally doesn't believe it is yahweh.

If that's what you meant, then most atheist also think there is a first source to everything.

Greetings.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2016
LoJ:

If that's what you meant, then most atheist also think there is a first source to everything.

Greetings.

As in, Ad infinitum?

Surely there must be a first source.

Does it sound rational to you that nothing is the first source to everything?

If you accepts that it goes backward till infinity, then God is INFINITY.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 09, 2016
SenatePresdo:

As in, Ad infinitum?

Surely there must be a first source.

Does it sound rational to you that nothing is the first source to everything?

If you accepts that it goes backward till infinity, then God is INFINITY.
Hello SenatePresdo,

I don't know what you think my convictions are, but it looks erroneous. I just pointed out why I could not answer your question, (namely due to the way it was structured) while avoiding to answer. The questions determines the answer,s and in this case, I could not say much.

But no offense, you are free to have your opinions about me, and everything else.

Greetings.
Re: Theists & Atheists Com In Here And Know Your Belief Scale by SenatePresdo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
LoJ:

Hello SenatePresdo,

I don't know what you think my convictions are, but it looks erroneous. I just pointed out why I could not answer your question, (namely due to the way it was structured) while avoiding to answer. The questions determines the answer,s and in this case, I could not say much.

But no offense, you are free to have your opinions about me, and everything else.

Greetings.

I see.
But on most occasions, the term 'God' is viewed by many as the first source, whilst god(s) are viewed as deities.

So you should've known that we are talking about the first source which is 'God'.

You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? / Only Religion Can Pull These absurdity ( Photo) / Why Was It That: Mosque's Are More Than Church's In Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.