Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host (5029 Views)

Is It Advisable To Use Google Adsense Android App?? / Is It Advisable To Blog With A Phone? / Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by bucketlistng: 8:44am On Jul 08, 2016
Nigerian hosts are trying. If we don't patronize them, they will never get to that standard you expect. My website - www.bucketlistng.ng is hosted by www.whogohost.com
And their services are very good.
If you want to try them head to my website and click their banner
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by emillionaire: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:
I'm asking this question because my site if mainly focused on Nigerians, it was built mainly for Nigerians. So is it advisable to use a local host to host my site? And do local host provide security?
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by betahost247(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Why not try Beta Host Limited

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in Nigeria starting @ N6,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site: http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by TRAVEL101(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2016
Donald3d:
you can host with a nigerian host but some of them have downtime issues so research well,and yes they produce security,would you like me to refer you,i would earn a small change for referring you.
I can vouch for this guy's.... Www.tuc-webhost.com
You can try try them
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by elosonservices(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2016
jimi4us:
I have problem with those bolded. my client couldnt access my site from abroad, can you believe i called customer care to complain, he said i should tell my client to change to another ISP(network) if he want to access my site. i asked him, so does that mean that anyone who is having difficulty accessing my site have to change their modem, he said yes. from that point i am now afraid of Nigerian web hosting company
Guy what a heart break reply by a customer care.
Very unprofesional.
God help us
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by tonyx4x44(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2016
jimi4us:
am using whogo and they are fast when they want to be fast. but they always have downtime all the time. i cant wait for my 1 year plan to end. i want to join siteground.com

BRos thanks a lot for this jare!

hosted one of my blogs on Domainking for 1 year it was a terrible experience for me. random downtimes of 2 to 5 minutes from time to time. Some days it just goes crazy and get repeated downtimes for the whole day.

to make things worse, two months ago I started facing another problem of intermittent downtime. According to them I was surpassing my cpu limits. This is on a simple wordpress site with a basic theme= Customizr and 14 Top 50 plugins.

I was about moving that blog to a foriegn host before one of my acquaitances started preaching whogohost.

I'll forget about the cost difference and go foriegn to avoid headaches in the second part of the year jare. I dash domainking the remaining hosting.
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by chuksmad(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2016
qservers are good no downtime
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by DomainKingTeam: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2016
tonyx4x44:

BRos thanks a lot for this jare!

hosted one of my blogs on Domainking for 1 year it was a terrible experience for me. random downtimes of 2 to 5 minutes from time to time. Some days it just goes crazy and get repeated downtimes for the whole day.

to make things worse, two months ago I started facing another problem of intermittent downtime. According to them I was surpassing my cpu limits. This is on a simple wordpress site with a basic theme= Customizr and 14 Top 50 plugins.

I was about moving that blog to a foriegn host before one of my acquaitances started preaching whogohost.

I'll forget about the cost difference and go foriegn to avoid headaches in the second part of the year jare. I dash domainking the remaining hosting.
Hi,
We are really sorry that you are facing some issues with our services.

We really hate to see any of our clients being unhappy with our services. So I want to ask you to please contact our support so that we can check your issues for you & help you in resolving it.

From your description of your issue it seems that your issue could be related to resource usage by your website on the server.

Please note that there can be many reasons which can slow down the loading time of WordPress website or cause downtime issues. But the main reasons for slow down the WordPress website are mostly related to unoptimized theme or plugins.

Kindly note that using many high resource plugins in WordPress can cause site downtimes and slow website due to high usage of server resources like CPU, RAM and other resources in shared hosting.

But its impossible for us to let you know the exact reason for your issue without details of your domain name and your issue that you are facing.

So please raise a support ticket from here: http://www.domainking.ng/support or you can also email to us at support[at]domainking.ng.

Please contact us so that we can check your issue in detail and give you the detailed report of your issue after checking it & also check how you can optimize your website for best performance.

We sincerely apologize again for any issues that you are facing & we want to make sure that your issue is checked & resolved to your satisfaction.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further queries or need any further help.

Best Regards,
Ashish
DomainKing.NG

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Rexnegro(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:
I'm asking this question because my site if mainly focused on Nigerians, it was built mainly for Nigerians. So is it advisable to use a local host to host my site? And do local host provide security?
use Whogohost And thank me later...
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by rhart: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
If your target audiences in Nigeria, then there will be a chance to get higher ranking easily using local hosting and local domain TLD.

I think you should choose a local hosting provider, but you should also consider the customer reviews about them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Tips To Improve Website Visibility For Better Google Ranking / ..... / International .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.