Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married (1096 Views)

My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company / How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by eazydon(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, please be the judge.

I know the title above may sound unbelievable and somewhat awkward? You bet it does, but it is true. Also also didnt know the particular section to write this but I'm sure it would fit in properly into Politics.

Now this is not a smear campaign. Neither is it a sponsored writing.
This is the factual narrative of a close friend, and former colleague who happens to be a former aide to the Imo State Deputy governor. (Former colleague because I once worked as a media contractor in the media department of the office of the Deputy Governor)

The impression is that His Excellency, the deputy governor of Imo State does not have full control of his administrative and office staff. He has senior subordinates who assume the role of masters and make the junior ones their servants. It even goes beyond dehumanizing acts such as withholding allowances and salaries and gets serious to the extent of firing junior staff without any form of official approval whatsoever. Now the issue of staff dismissal without any query, notice or official approval is not something I was told, because I for many times witnessed that horrible trend in the deputy governor’s office and guess what? I was also a victim. How I was contracted as media advisor to the deputy governor and was later given a phantom appointment in order to soften my mind and deflect my attention from the huge payment being owed me is topic for another. I was frustrated out of office by the deputy governor’s senior media aide, Mr Uche Onwuchekwa. Wether he/they did it with the connivance and or approval of Imo’s no.2 man, is not clear to me.

Now to the issue at hand, my friend (name withheld), used to be an aide to the deputy governor on new media. He was owed for more than one year, so he voluntarily stopped work, probably in protest. Even the months he was owed were never paid.

While working in the office of the deputy governor, my friend fell in love with a co-worker who serves as a domestic staff of the deputy, and as long as I can remember, their affair was very discreet, because I myself even got to know they were dating few weeks to their wedding.

Even while my friend stopped working in the office, his (then fiance and now) wife still remained as a staff in that office. Everything fell apart immediately they got married and news of their marriage circulated. The next week she was given a sack letter.

The question is why?

Is that an unwritten policy? Is there anywhere it’s written that wife and husband may not work in the same government establishment? Even if there was, my friend was no longer actively engaged in the deputy governor’s office. So could there be persons on a personal vendetta mission who uses their superiority to mete out wickedness of extreme proportion?

My friends young wife is also a student, my friend hasn’t been very gainfully employed and he was still hoping on getting re-absorbed in his former office, but this latest turn of event has left them utterly disjointed even as a new couple who have to grapple with the current economic downturn.

Something isn’t right, and someone or a group of people are almost gods in the Imo State government house, deputy governor’s office.

My investigations led to one of self-imposed gods in the person of Mrs Blessing Egbuka.

Mrs Blessing Egbuka is the Director of Accounts, Imo deputy governor’s office. She’s from Abiriba in Abia State and got married in Obowo, Imo State. According to my source, the popular opinion is that she has taken over the deputy governor’s office.

Reports suggest that she is in charge of hiring and firing of staff, and pays salary to whom she likes.

According to my source “She doesn’t take instructions from any one including the deputy governor. She over rides the permanent Secretary and does the job of both appointee and civil servant
She’s the one that does punches, she shares food, She has virtually become the commander in chief at the deputy governor’s office. She’s in charge of cooking, she organizes events like carnival. She buys everything in the office from water to fuel

I proceeded inquire about the sack of the newly-wedded girl.
This is the shocking response I got

“She fired the girl because the girl didn’t seek her approval before wedding.
She’s a complete menace”

What is the rationale behind this?
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by kygo(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
this thing too long abeg
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by eazydon(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
kygo:
this thing too long abeg

It's too long

or

You're too lazy.

Which one?
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by general111(m): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Sue her simple.maybe she wanted the girl to marry her?? shocked sad sad sad
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by VampireeM(f): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
I am not suprised at all if I read bad stuffs about Imo Deputy Gov... dont want to go into details but I think too many of his employees are Diabolic and he gives them free rein. I would advise your friend and wife to start their life afresh else where maka oge oga esu, hMmm lipsrsealed

BTW, why did your friend and wife get married without informing their employers and superiors?? I'm wondering why they made it a secret like they knew it might be against the rules of their employ... the whole story doesnt add up well
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by ijeshaboy: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is a satanic attack, in this kind of issue prayer and God intervention is the wayforward, I will advice the parties involve to pls and pls dialogue and make prompt inquiry about the main reason why she is been fired, the issue of getting married without approval shouldn't be the main cause, something must be wrong somewhere, no sane humanbeing will do such without any rift or grudges on ground before, pls dialogue because financial stability is part of the ingredient to happy marriage.
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by STENON(f): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
You are yet to tell us the full story.
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by Greatzeus(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
I believe your story,but in other not to go against my conscience,I can't judge until I am opportuned to listen to the other party.
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by eazydon(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:
BTW, why did your friend and wife get married without informing their employers and superiors?? I'm wondering why they made it a secret like they knew it might be against the rules of their employ... the whole story doesnt add up well

Are there any rules binding on anyone that they must inform their employers before getting married. Whose business is it?
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by eazydon(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
STENON:
You are yet to tell us the full story.

What other story do you want to hear other than that the victims themselves are even at a loss. I brought this to nairaland so that it will have a chance of getting to the appropriate quarters and then someone can then just clear the air
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by VampireeM(f): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
eazydon:

Are there any rules binding on anyone that they must inform their employers before getting married. Whose business is it?

its no one's business but this is Nigeria which is lawless and we know how private employers do their thing, sack without any tangible reason. I pray the dep gov himself looks into the matter and is resolved

1 Like

Re: UNBELIEVABLE! She Was Sacked Because She Got Married by duduade: 8:02am On Jul 08, 2016
eazydon:
Dear Nairalanders, please be the judge.

I know the title above may sound unbelievable and somewhat awkward? You bet it does, but it is true. Also also didnt know the particular section to write this but I'm sure it would fit in properly into Politics.

Now this is not a smear campaign. Neither is it a sponsored writing.
This is the factual narrative of a close friend, and former colleague who happens to be a former aide to the Imo State Deputy governor. (Former colleague because I once worked as a media contractor in the media department of the office of the Deputy Governor)

The impression is that His Excellency, the deputy governor of Imo State does not have full control of his administrative and office staff. He has senior subordinates who assume the role of masters and make the junior ones their servants. It even goes beyond dehumanizing acts such as withholding allowances and salaries and gets serious to the extent of firing junior staff without any form of official approval whatsoever. Now the issue of staff dismissal without any query, notice or official approval is not something I was told, because I for many times witnessed that horrible trend in the deputy governor’s office and guess what? I was also a victim. How I was contracted as media advisor to the deputy governor and was later given a phantom appointment in order to soften my mind and deflect my attention from the huge payment being owed me is topic for another. I was frustrated out of office by the deputy governor’s senior media aide, Mr Uche Onwuchekwa. Wether he/they did it with the connivance and or approval of Imo’s no.2 man, is not clear to me.

Now to the issue at hand, my friend (name withheld), used to be an aide to the deputy governor on new media. He was owed for more than one year, so he voluntarily stopped work, probably in protest. Even the months he was owed were never paid.

While working in the office of the deputy governor, my friend fell in love with a co-worker who serves as a domestic staff of the deputy, and as long as I can remember, their affair was very discreet, because I myself even got to know they were dating few weeks to their wedding.

Even while my friend stopped working in the office, his (then fiance and now) wife still remained as a staff in that office. Everything fell apart immediately they got married and news of their marriage circulated. The next week she was given a sack letter.

The question is why?

Is that an unwritten policy? Is there anywhere it’s written that wife and husband may not work in the same government establishment? Even if there was, my friend was no longer actively engaged in the deputy governor’s office. So could there be persons on a personal vendetta mission who uses their superiority to mete out wickedness of extreme proportion?

My friends young wife is also a student, my friend hasn’t been very gainfully employed and he was still hoping on getting re-absorbed in his former office, but this latest turn of event has left them utterly disjointed even as a new couple who have to grapple with the current economic downturn.

Something isn’t right, and someone or a group of people are almost gods in the Imo State government house, deputy governor’s office.

My investigations led to one of self-imposed gods in the person of Mrs Blessing Egbuka.

Mrs Blessing Egbuka is the Director of Accounts, Imo deputy governor’s office. She’s from Abiriba in Abia State and got married in Obowo, Imo State. According to my source, the popular opinion is that she has taken over the deputy governor’s office.

Reports suggest that she is in charge of hiring and firing of staff, and pays salary to whom she likes.

According to my source “She doesn’t take instructions from any one including the deputy governor. She over rides the permanent Secretary and does the job of both appointee and civil servant
She’s the one that does punches, she shares food, She has virtually become the commander in chief at the deputy governor’s office. She’s in charge of cooking, she organizes events like carnival. She buys everything in the office from water to fuel

I proceeded inquire about the sack of the newly-wedded girl.
This is the shocking response I got

“She fired the girl because the girl didn’t seek her approval before wedding.
She’s a complete menace”

What is the rationale behind this?

Report her to EFCC

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Masters Degree In Public Health / Seeking Job Information. Case Study Gtbank / Did You Study What You Wanted To Study In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.