Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

We Stand By Ayokunle As CAN President- Methodist Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Stand By Ayokunle As CAN President- Methodist Church (274 Views)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Stand By Ayokunle As CAN President- Methodist Church by shinystar(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
The Methodist Church Nigeria is solidly behind the emergence of Rev Dr Supo Ayokunle as president of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).

Its prelate Dr Samuel Uche said the church stands by its decision to vote for Ayokunle of the Christian Council of Nigeria (CCN) bloc during the presidential election of the body.

It added that the process that led to the emergence of the newly elected CAN president was free and fair.

The Methodist Church stated these in response to allegations one of its Emeritus Prelates, Dr Sunday Mbang was planning to host a meeting last Thursday of ex-presidents of CAN aimed at scuttling the planned inauguration of the new executives.

Uche, in a statement by the Church’s Director of Media and Public Relations, Rev. Oladapo Daramola, said: “We went into the election which to me remains one of the most credible in the history of CAN as one entity.

“Every candidate was given equal chance to make their case at the National Executive Council meeting where voting took place, and the choice of Rev. Dr Supo Ayokunle was clearly overwhelming through the ballot.

“Weeks after the election, nobody is crying foul or injustice because the position of all the blocs were given due consideration and fairly treated.”

On Mbang’s involvement in the purported meeting of concerned CAN elder statesmen, Uche said: “The fact that our revered father and one of the Church’s Prelate Emeritus, His Eminence Dr Sunday Mbang was quoted in the media report as one of the leaders meeting to review what happened does not in any way suggest that Methodist Church Nigeria is backing down or withdrawing support for the elected CAN leadership.

“We stand by what we did as we have not contravened any section or part of the constitution of CAN neither have we gone against the spirit of oneness which we stand for.

READ Cross River CAN inaugurates new exco
“I believe that the past leaders are only looking at some of the fallouts of the election which is normal, but not to scuttle the inauguration of the newly elected President, Rev. Dr Supo Ayokunle.

“There is certainly no basis for that and I’m so sure it’s clearly not the intended. All of them are great men of God who have served the organisation meritoriously and devotedly at different times and I know for a fact, that no father would want to be seen to be working against his child’s progress.”

He urged support for the CAN new leadership. “I believe this is the time to make CAN stronger and rejuvenated considering the challenges ahead.

“There is so much work to be done in the body of Christ. We have several of our Churches that have been ravaged by Boko Haram in the North-eastern part of Nigeria that needs to be rebuilt and our members resettled and reestablished.

“We have an integral role to play in all of these. We have the serious role of advocating peace and mutual respect for all religions especially in the North were some people have continued to exhibit very high level of intolerance and disdain for people of other faith especially Christians.

“The activities of the herdsmen in the South East are gradually claiming more Christian casualties and we have to put forward a strong and united front to tackle of all of this. So I call on hands to be on deck so as to achieve this together."

http://naijachurchnews.com/stand-ayokunle-can-president-methodist-church/

(1) (Reply)

The Fight Of Faith Is The Fight To Accept The Finished Works Of Christ. / Glorious Gospel Music Program In Bauchi. / Exclusive: Jittery Oritsejafor Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.