Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 AM

Shadows On Waters - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows On Waters (3986 Views)

Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Chasing Shadows. / Shadows....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows On Waters by aiikman(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Awesome piece...pls keep it coming
Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
aiikman:
Awesome piece...pls keep it coming
Thanks dear update dropping soon

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Been tryna post buh network no gree me..please bear with us

Chapter #8

Melvin stared at the book on the table, he couldn't read...he couldn't concentrate in class he couldn't do anything for the past 3days
Who was she to embarrass him in such manner...no girl had ever insulted him that way....she wasn't rich it was obvious. Her clothes were of the lowest quality and the cheap bag she carried that day spoke lengths about her.
That bitch had balls..pretty idiot. She was quite tall for a girl just the way he liked them..she was curvy and had a cute face....he liked her fair skin color too it complimented his chocolate complexion
Damn! What was he thinking, she wasn't even his type poor bitch.

"I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky" his westlife's ringtone interrupted his thoughts

" Hello dear" a feminine voice came from the other end of the line
" what" he answered coldly
"ermmm how are you doing"
" will you go straight to the point or would you have me end the call"
"okay I was thinking of coming over to see you...and ermmm....perharps also cook for you"
" did I call you to say I was hungry,....keep your charmed food to your family"
"hey you are hurting me with your words" the caller cried
" good day" with this he ended the call

Bitchstard!" He exclaimed throwing his phone on the wall. He had to revenge, nobody insulted him! Melvin! The son of honourable tamuno and went scot-free. He would prove to that lowlife that melly wasn't a coward.But how would he get her..he had no idea about any information about her...but all the same he had to find her
His phone rang again
" yea"
" Dude you dey house?"
"what?"
" I need a favor from you...but I'd rather meet you at home...on my way oh" the call ended.

Tbc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows On Waters by Nwiboko26(f): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
D food neva don?which oda spices wey u wan add.do quick abeg i dey hungry.i dey wait o.lolz.....nice one dear keep it up.am patiently waiting for ur update.please o.sharpaly sharpaly.

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by Blokifen(f): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
please this story is awesome and your writing simple and clear!I love this,please update

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pm literaturelanders am sorry for staying off for quite a long time...my phone got spoilt and the past weeks was quite stressful...buh the good thing here i was that am back and back for good and I'll do everything within my power to give u nothing but the best...next episodes loading
Love you all who had been reading and commenting
Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Chapter #9
"Are you for real?, what are you thinking..nah nah nah...cant do that..." Melvin was surprised, what was Emeka thinking...his security was at risk, his privacy invaded, he didn't want some lowlives coming to mess themselves in his house.
Emeka was a prince but never acted like one he was quite a jovial and simple being and believed life was meant to be enjoyed not endured. He was also a womanizer and was gradually initiating Melvin, They happened to be in same department and same level. They met during their matriculation and ever since became closest friends.

People marveled at their friendship for they were two opposite beings from same wealthy backgrounds.... While Melvin was cold,arrogant and hardly made friends Emeka was ever cheerful,ever smiling and was a friend of all. Today Emeka wanted to organize a party which he wanted to use in luring a new catch and he wanted to make use of Melvin house due to his own roommate's illness

" Guy please the party is just tomorrow and you are my last hope..
" But are you seriously okay..you know I don't have a roomie cos I respect my privacy and her you come with such outrageous request"
" Guy remember you owe me one " Emeka said pleadingly
Melvin recalled how Emeka saved him from a carryover by impersonating for him during their last semester examination..he was seriously down during that period that he couldn't even stand talk more of going for an exam...he wanted to call Emeka but his phone was flat. Emeka who was quick to notice his absence had to write for two and was lucky to escape the prying invigilators. Melvin had been very greatful to him and promised to repay him
"Arggghhh...you got me! But promise me that after that no more outrageous requests from you and my bedroom won't be part of the after party venue"
" Hehehehe ok dude promise....love you bro" Emeka said hugging him thankfully

"nahnah ain't no gay broda" Melvin said laughing but his laughter was cut short as he recalled the incidence of the other day. Emeka would sure laugh him to stupor if he told him...
" Hey wetin happen ? You don turn woman wey dey get mood swings
"I'm tired need to rest " Melvin said slumping on his king-size bed discharging Emeka
"Alright bro lemme go make final arrangements on tomorrows party" Emeka said heading to the door
" Wait, what are you celebrating?...
Emeka scoffed " my enemies burial" he said while Melvin laughed...Emeka was the medicine for depression.

Tbc

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chapter #10
"oohhmmm! hurry up na" tonia urged ada as she constantly glanced at her wrist watch
"how do i look"Ada asked turning around for tonia to access her...she was tired already, tonia had made her empty her bag looking for a dress to wear to the party and she kept rejecting them calling her best clothes mary amaka. She had even given up on going to the party when tonia offered her a nice red gown..
"wow now you looking sexy" tonia complemented her
"dont you think its too tight, short and revealing"Ada said trying to pull it down
"abeggi sister mary its a party not a church service"tonia replied eyeing her
"what would my daddy say if he knows am busy attending parties instead of studying"
"atleast your daddy knows that all work and no play makes ada a 2nd class material, even jesus attended a party during his time on earth and performed a miracle there"
"that was a wedding,but this one i dont know what kinda party this is"
"its a party organised by my cousin to welcome freshers into campus and you and i are freshers right?" tonia said putting final touches to ada's makeup
"wao look at you you look flawless baby"
Ada was equally shocked when she saw hr image in the mirror...the image she was staring at looked like the remix version of herself..she could barely recognize herself... she didnt know when she let out a "wow"
"now time up lets get going"tonia said dragging ada along

Ada met tonia during their post utme exam..they were seat patners during their exam..after the exam they exchanged contacts and became friends till they both gained admission...and became roomies. Tonia who was from a middle class family and was an only daughter amongst four brothers..3 older than her and she was older than their last boy...she lived comfortably and got whatever she wanted... her banker dad who was so fond of his "baby girl" as he fondly called her never allowed her lack anything and her siblings were quite protective of her... Their friendship was more quite tight...They shared foodstuffs,properties and secrets alike...Ada had more reasons to like her because she was coincidentally her sister's namesake and she transferred the love she gave to her sister to tonia.
After constantly disturbing and pestering her for days she finally gave in to tonia's request to accompany her to her cousins party.. Even though they weren't really cousins but happened to come from same kindred tonia still called him her cousin and often boasted to Ada that she was a princess from a royal lineage...

"wait let me get my purse " ada hurried to get her purse
"All work and no play makes ada a dull girl daddy" she muttered, made a sign of the cross and rushed off to meet tonia who was already at the gate.

tbc

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
chapter #11
"you are my african queen, the girl of my dreams you take where have never been....." 2face's african queen was the music playing when Ada and Tonia arrived the party...it was one of ada's favourite evergreen music...the music always sounded fresh each time she listened to it. Ada was awed when they stepped into the compound, the magnificience and beauty of the compound made her doubt if it was truly a students lodge. Everything about the compound was beautiful...from the beautiful and neatly trimmed flowers to the exotic cars parked in the parking lot.. she was simply amazed. the lodge looked like a big hotel.
"this is beautiful " ada complimented
"yahyah, only the extremely rich can afford this place, i even heard that the annual rent of this place can pay 3 people's school fees for an academic session and change go still remain"tonia bragged
"and your cousin stays here?"ada asked like a lost foreigner
"not really but i guess one of his friends does" just then emeka appeared from inside one of the flats making his way to the gate while seriously answering a call
"yea in less than 10 minutes you should be here, yea, no the 2nd gate; yea its a popular lodge na, alright call me when you get there." Emeka finished the call and was about going back inside when Tonia snucked up from behind "hey!" she barked startling him

" holy mos! look at my pikin oh..you almost got me scared you know..was about calling , thought you wouldn't make it.. " emeka said hugging her

"for the records, am not your pikin....would have here earlier blame my friend...she delayed me" tonia replied laughing as Ada pinched her buttocks

"wow you gyals look hawt....but hey stay away from this guys here cos ah bet you they wont take their eyes off you.."emeka said winking at them

"i pray oh....my manners....meet ada my friend and roomie, ada....emeka my cousin and the host of this party tonight" tonia introduced

"am not suprised, birds of same feathers flock together, i knew tonia would mix up with her fellow cutie...nice meeting you honey...forgot to add , you look like my future wife"emeka said kissing her hands

"hehehehe.....permit me to blush....thank you and nice meeting you...she has told me quite a lot about you... and i couldn't just wait to meet you" Ada said smiling

"hope they are good ones though.... c'mon the party has started and its for you guys. lets go in" emeka said leading the way

If Ada had thought the compound was beautiful...then it was nothing compared to the inner beauty of the apartment emeka led them to...it was simply exotic...'so a student lives in this semi paradise' she thought...the house was furnished to taste...many lecturers wouldn't even be able to afford this kind of place..

"welcome ladies and gentlemen to tonights house party..am your host, prince emeka douglas..a.k.a. emmy dollars..and tonights party is aimed at bringing together some of our freshers and welcoming them officially to campus and also teach them some tricks that would help them survive on campus and graduate with ease...but before that let the dj entertain us a bit as we await the arrival of others....dj give us some jam" emeka concluded

The dj started doing what he knows how to do best...and every body was feeling the jams and were either dancing, shaking their head or tapping their foot to the sound of the music....
Ada felt the urge to wee "tonia excuse me i'm going to make use of the convinience" she whispered to a dancing tonia who waved her off

As Ada was rushing to the toilet she bumped into somebody and the full cup of wine the person had hit her and poured all over her. She was furious and looked up to see who did it
"you again?" ada screamed as she beheld the handsome guy she bumped into earlier that week.

tbc

2 Likes

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2016
hmmm its not fair oh....u people should encourage a sister nao
Re: Shadows On Waters by ladysunshine94(f): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
Wow!! Ur gud girl kip it up
Re: Shadows On Waters by ladysunshine94(f): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]Wow!! Ur gud girl, kip it up.
Re: Shadows On Waters by Opeoluwa99(f): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Awesome

*in peppernazi's voice* continue
Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
tanx for the encouragement

Chapter #12
Phew! Melvin sighed...serves her right, he couldn't believe he bumped right into that bitch again...but this time around he was glad his drink spilled on her and he ignored her like she was invincible and walked away, smiling like he just won a lottery.
Ada couldn't believe it ...did that b*stard just work out on her after messing up her dress. After about 5 mins of standing like a statue, Ada jerked out.... 'gboa!gboa!' two rounds of slap hit melvins smooth face "thats for being such a mannerless,idi*t and for being disrespectful to a lady ". Ada said walking away... The party came to a still at once..the dj stopped the music and the merrymakers attention was on the latest drama..
"Ada what the hell got into you, its barely 30 mins since we came and you are causing a scene already" Tonia cried pulling ada outside. just then Emeka rushed out followed closely by two guys
"what was that? are you crazy or something? do you know who you just hit?" the shorter black guy scolded Ada
" oh yea mister i just hit the president " Ada replied him moving forward and looking him straight in the eye
" Hey whats really going on here....Tonia why would you bring a fighter and a party spoiler here.." Emeka spoke up sounding dissapointed
"at least we should hear her out... ada cool down...now tell me what happened" tonia enquired
"that rude jerk spilt his drink on me and walked out on me" Ada responded still fuming
"and you slapped him!"the three of them shouted at once.
"well who wouldnt, had to teach the fool a lesson"ada said without remorse while tonia tried blocking her mouth
"who's a fool?" it was melvin after standing there shocked he finally decided to come out
"melvin dont worry i would handle this" emeka tried pacifying the obviously outraged melvin. Melvin ignored him and stood face to face with Ada trying to intimidate her with his eye...but ada was no coward she stared back at him more fiercely ready to go into a fight if required with this rude jerk...
tbc

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by Blokifen(f): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
ozee please u re a spectacular and unique writer i love this! Dont worry about encouragements it will come, let me help in dha lil way i can.Brb

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 2:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Blokifen:
ozee please u re a spectacular and unique writer i love this! Dont worry about encouragements it will come, let me help in dha lil way i can.Brb
awwwwnn tanx dear the next post is dedicated to u....
Re: Shadows On Waters by abefe99: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2016
mrn we are waiting next update

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by gal10(f): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
Keep it up! ! following wink

1 Like

Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Sorry for my inconstitency...work no gree me....
Dedicated to blokifen and every other person that took their time to read and comment

Chapter 13

Melvin couldn't just get her off his mind, he was supposed to be vexed but he didnt know why deep down his heart he got excited each time he thought about her...
She left the party immediately after Emeka calmed them down, She left with a girl who looked familiar.

Melvin who happened to be the son of a rich member of the house of reps grew up having whatever he wanted..his mother made sure he lacked nothing, he was her only son and deserved all he wanted.. his twin sister died when they were only ten..this made his mom dote on him more..while his dad was close pals with Annie his only and elder sis..who got married to a white guy against her mums wish..she was stubborn and strong willed and he admired her for that even though he hated the way she treated him like a baby.. He grew up looking down on people below his class... He hated poor girls especially after his dad told him the story of how girls made a mess of him while he was poor... Deep within he believed he was the best thing that will ever happen to any woman... Women worshipped and literally licked his sole as he was everything any woman would dream of...he had the looks, the money and the fame..

But there was something about that fair girl....she didnt seem to care...she was the first human to lay a hands on him..each time he remember how she slapped him he boiled but a sudden excitement was quick to put off his anger.. He decided to grab a bottle of beer or two

He put on a denim on denim and drove off...

"Tonia make i go buy bread abeg i dey h" Ada informed tonia in pidgin.. she loved speaking pidgin...in their house they barely communicated in english...it was either pidgin or ibo

After the incident at the party she was a bit scared esp after tonia informed her that she slapped the son of a politician...she knew nigerian politicians would make you rot in jail if you tampered with any of their loved ones or family... Moses a boy in their street spent 3 months in jail for writing a letter to a ministers daughter who was a member of their church. She felt little remorse for slapping a guy but felt justified she had her revenge.. The egomaniac needed to be taught a lesson or two

"pimpimpim" Ada heard as she saw a car approaching her on high speed..."Jesus" she exclaimed and fell
Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Chapter #14

"uhmmmmmnnnn" Ada yawned as she stretched herself on the bed. She noticed the bed was quite larger than what she was used to sleeping on. She slowly opened her eyes. She quickly shut them back as she thought she was dreaming, Pinching herself she opened them again and nothing had changed, She was in one of the most beautiful rooms she had ever seen.
First thing that came to her mind was that she had been kidnapped. She stared down at her body and noticed she was covered with a duvet, but in the movies she watched most of the captives were kidnapped and kept either in an uncompleted building or a shark house with doors firmly locked and big sized men watching over them smoking cigarette or weed and drinking alcohol, but this place seemed like a mini paradise. She looked at the time from a gold wall clock which hung on the wall, it was 2:00 she wondered if it was a.m or p.m.
She was jolted out of her thought by the gentle screeching of the door and a masculine figure came in carrying a glass tray and a cup, the room wasn't properly illumined and she could barely see the persons face. He dropped the tray on a table close to the bed and went to put on the light
The time he took gave her an opportunity to pick up an empty bottle of brandy lying by the bed

"Who are you and what am I doing here" She shouted obviously scared while holding forth the bottle in defence standing on the king sized bed

"Hahahahahaha......you drop that" he laughed mocking her whilst making an attempt to take the bottle from her

"you! you? you arrogant jerk what do you want from me..did you kidnap me as a sort of payback for the slap" she asked after seeing his face relieved that it wasn't a stranger after all. Flashback of what happened at the party came flooding

' and you slapped him do you know who he is' that voice started echoing. It then dawned on her that she might have actually slapped the capon of a big confraternity

"Ah Ada you are finished...my father warned me but I didn't listen" she thought aloud
"uncle please forgive me...it was the devil. I did not knowww please...am just a young girl who just into school...am still too young..please sir" Ada pleaded whilst kneeling on the bed crying
Kelvin smiled walked to the bed and sat down.."How are you feeling now"he asked pouring the tea from the jug to the cup

"I feel remorseful sir. it won't happen again" she replied a bit relieved he was acting nicer

"The doctor said you'd be fine..you only fainted out of shock, he gave you some injections for pain relieves.. he replied without looking up

" fainted?" she asked looking shocked
Gradually she began to recall how she was nearly knocked down by a car
"Were you the one who nearly knocked me down? did u do that on purpose?"

"The doctor said the drugs would make u sleep and weak..so take this Tea and make sure you rest well so you won't feel any more pains" he said with a note of finality and left the room
Ada felt thirst and gulped the tea, 'what if he had poisoned the tea,she didn't even pray and she was feeling sleepy...what if he wanted to rape her' she didn't complete her thinking before she fell on the bed.. '' protect me oh lord" she muttered and dozed off
Re: Shadows On Waters by Missmossy(f): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
Keep it coming, interesting piece cheesy
Re: Shadows On Waters by ozeepresh(f): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
Missmossy:
Keep it coming, interesting piece cheesy
Thanks madame I promise to deliver
Re: Shadows On Waters by xaviercasmir(m): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
nice and intresting story. Keep it up and more update pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 14 FINAL PART / What Is African Mentality / The Drunken Wordsmith : Short Story/flash Fiction Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.