Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

- Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (4871 Views)

/ / See Why Jonathan Deleted The Tribute He Made To Murtala Muhammed On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 08, 2016

32 Likes 11 Shares

Re: by freeze001(f): 1:12am On Jul 08, 2016
100% true!

3 Likes

Re: by johnglefury(m): 1:31am On Jul 08, 2016
Word!

2 Likes

Re: by Horus(m): 1:36am On Jul 08, 2016
This is food for thought

5 Likes

Re: by EtzKvnqOppy(m): 2:45am On Jul 08, 2016
Hmmmm wat a wonderful nd Nice post,which way to go now.

1 Like

Re: by Justcash(m): 3:25am On Jul 08, 2016
I was in Singapore for 4 years on business. That "probably" falls within the time you said that you returned to Nigeria (rough calculation from when you started your NYSC). You are probably from Rivers state, and was one of the scholarship students in Singapore (From oil producing area, and studied @ Oxford Brook Uni. I may still be wrong). I kinda have a guess of who you may be cos I know a few students that were dating some Australian chicks then. Singapore is a small country.

You shouldn't have gone back to Nigeria my friend. Nigeria is a hellhole. I saw many Rivers State students that eloped after their scholarship ended.

I visited Nigeria from a tour of Europe a year ago, after 11 years abroad. I did that to reaffirm my conviction never to return to stay permanently in Nigeria. You should have travelled to Australia with your Australian chick (I'm Naija-Strayan). By now, you'd have been chasing your citizenship.

See, I receive insults daily when I tell some Nigerians that I won't return until I see how ready Nigerians are for development. I really don't care about what they say. The suffering, favoritism, tribalism, corruption etc are just too suffocating to live a day with. It will take 3 generations for all these to change in Nigeria.

I feel you my friend.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 08, 2016

Re: by Thoughty2(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2016
Re: by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2016
Wow!, i've been a silent follower of this guys posts but this particular post has definitely succeeded in forcing the word out of me, Every word written here is nothing but the truth! we all know that but we keep hoping for the best, we've been hoping since 1960 .....

iLegend, i know exactly what you had in mind when you said 'I just wish', you wish we were still under colonial rule, funny how this sounds, nigeria would actually have been more developed and a better place if the whites were here... Omg, i cant believe this... Just 6 years after independence, A coup occured which led to a war break-out and as usual they blamed the coup on a particular region forgettting that those who partook in the coup were from different parts of the country...smh...
Btw, i was taught that Noah is the cause of what's going on in Africa, and i actually think its true...

Mehn, there's so much to say but i'll stop here leaving whoever that cares with two questions.

Do you love Nigeria?

Can you sacrifice your life for Nigeria?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: by ChimaAdeoye: 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
[size=16pt]Op,
The useless blood thirsty country just needs to dissolve and go away for the indigent nations trapped within its borders to thrive.

Nigeria is precisely a hell hole because of parochial inept leaders that focus on themselves and their villages instead of the country. In fact, Nigeria is the ONLY country i have seen that deliberately refuses to develop part of their own territory if the language or religion of that part is different from those of it's rulers. Yet, will furious try to force those rejected territories into itself as 'one country'.

Nigeria will eventually be cited in the history books as example of how idiocy and tribal pettiness can ruin what would have been a prosperous country.
[/size]

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
i am really depressed after reading this.

Not as if i dont know we are sufferin already but reading d post sortta brought the woes in 3d.

1 Like

Re: by zanebaddo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
I wonder what would make someone travel back to nigeria after several years of study and exposure abroad. As for me.. I don't bloody care about this country... If eventually I leave this cesspit called a country I'm never going to come back not even to spend a day unless something tangible demands presence. I hate Africa!!! I hate blacks in Africa!!!! I hate Nigeria. . I detest all tribes in this cesspit..

I want to leave Nigeria, I don't belong here, I don't need to embezzle 50 billion, I don't want to make all the money and spray them with machine like E money. I want a simple life, I want my childhood fantasy.. being a regular average American. nice high school memories, good college, serene and seraphic environment. Have my career playing musical instruments and singing even if it's at a local restaurant in mahanttan.. No crazy ass holes killing for cows and Mohammed.

My heart is heavy, weary and broken about the life I'm living in Nigeria. nobody needs to fast, see a prophet and go some extra mile just to have the basic needs in life in America. However when that happens here, you have got to visit TV Joshua for thanksgiving. ...

I can go on and on but let me stop here for now.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: by Legitbaba(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Exactly what I've been saying to people...some people see me as a pessimist...I'd rather b called an unpatriotic pessimist than to continue to live in false hope....
Haven't you guys wondered how things get worse with every passing administration since after the white men left us??
Nigeria will only get worse.....that's the sad truth...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: by harsysky(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
I watched a man of God preach that the reason we fear snake is not because snake actually scares us; it is because of fear of death. We don't know when we will probably die, so why being ignorant and making this politicians rich all the time. Just one mind, if only we could have one mind, but some brothers will still be snitch. Let's keep folding our hands and watch these people make a mess outta us.

"N-power" is what they offered to us and we smile and say " wow! These people are good!" The truth is my fellow naija brothers and sisters like suffering. My question is "What has our brothers offered us that the white denied us when we were under them?" Absolutely nothing. It's even worse when someone you call your brother enslave you. I would rather the white do that to me than my OWN fvcking brother.

I swear Nigeria is not gonna be great. I'm gonna be great anyway, but as for my "USELESS COUNTRY NIGERIA", greatness has eluded her. If only I could make one wish that would come true, it would be legendary. My wish will be for all the politicians who have contributed to the downfall of this Country to die with a lot of pains.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: by ExplicitContent: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Brilliant talk

1 Like

Re: by iamDiabolic(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Op I really feel u,all u said is the truth.I pity all this youths killing nd fighting themselve for pdp nd apc,buhari nd gej.but when they want to loot us all the politickcians come together.I already talked to my pops after university nd law school I don't care u want to leave this country.I want to live in a country dat wud give me d opportunity to actualise my dream not this hell-hole called nigeria.prayers seem to have failed us,I don't even pray again,it doesn't fit my mouth anymore.gradually nigeria situation is turning me to an atheist.all I ever wanted in this life is to be into hiphop,live comfortably nd make my family nd people around me happy.

Nigeria cannot be great except all pur politrickcian dies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by EMMYLBANKS(m): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
why will she developed when the foundation of the state is build upon fraud and if u try to speak they we say you are 5% then the next thing u go chop banned say u break rules

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Izontubo(m): 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
I once told my amigos tonyebarcanista that Nigerian leaders can never be open to peaceful protests and intellectual wars until an actual physical maiming war has occurred. ..

We can only keep deceiving ourselves in Nigeria ....

Do we think buhari would ever give any citizen or group a chance just as he is giving the NDA...Our government only knows violence....animalistic I must say. ...A deaf government and deaf leaders like the OP mentioned....

Only the masses can change Nigeria no single ruler can...The change is in our hands and not in any otueke man or a slim aboki from katsina. ...

Oh black man!!!!

4 Likes

Re: by TechRev: 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is an abomination upon man kind. If you ever leave Nigeria please never come back. You will meet things worse than when you left. It is an abominabe hell hole.

Funny enough i used to believe that hard work could make nigeria great. I studied engineering just to help in making Nigeria produce more than they consume. I used more than 10 yrs of my life after graduation with personal and family finances to achieve that. But the system, government and people just have a refined skill of killing any endeavor that can help Nigeria.

I refused every opportunity to leave Nigeria. I was ready to sacrifice all to make it work. In the last days before i gave up, i visited a friend of mine from a more wealthy family, he was struggling too to setup his production plant. During our discussion i told him i hoped in few months the government will improve power supply more, and that things will get better and my production will get breather and succeed. He looked at me straight into the eyes and tole me this "i have travelled around nigeria a lot, and because of my family i have met a lot of present and past Nigerian leader. I want to tell you the gospel truth my friend, Nigeria will never get better. It can only get worse."

I have looked at it, he is right. I have since sold all my remaining production machines.

Nigeria is cursed! Its an abomination. You can take that to the bank.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: by Histrings08(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Pfft
Re: by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
OP u spoke well. Nigerians aint going no where, we are obviously suffering from a 19th century mentality.

2 Likes

Re: by brize(m): 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lalasticlala seun mynd44 this is FP worthy.... Show the politicians how frustrated Nigerians are. Let them know that a great REVOLUTION by the YOUTH is imminent. Let them watch out

7 Likes

Re: by Justcash(m): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
iLegend:

Hmm! Seems we've probably met cuz I go out a lot. Where are you now?

I'm currently in Malaysia on invitation for Hari Raya celebrations. It's pretty insignificant at home (Aus).

I just knew a few of you through some Australian ladies that briefly hung out with some of you guys back then. Infact, I applied for an EP for one of you that was determined not to go back, but ICA rejected her without explanation. Sad realities of the struggle abroad. I had my full dose of it.
Re: by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2016

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2016
Word

4 Likes

Re: by onos217(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Wow!, i've been a silent follower of this guys posts but this particular post has definitely succeeded in forcing the word out of me, Every word written here is nothing but the truth! we all know that but we keep hoping for the best, we've been hoping since 1960 .....

iLegend, i know exactly what you had in mind when you said 'I just wish', you wish we were still under colonial rule, funny how this sounds, nigeria would actually have been more developed and a better place if the whites were here... Omg, i cant believe this... Just 6 years after independence, A coup occured which led to a war break-out and as usual they blamed the coup on a particular region forgettting that those who partook in the coup were from different parts of the country...smh...
Btw, i was taught that Noah is the cause of what's going on in Africa, and i actually think its true...

Mehn, there's so much to say but i'll stop here leaving whoever that cares with two questions.

Do you love Nigeria?

Can you sacrifice your life for Nigeria?
Nigeria, you ask me to place faith in you, show to you my undieing love and humbly lay my life at your alter.I ask you of the same: Nigeria, do you care about my welfare, and are you willing to sacrifice for me as well? And if yes, please let me know, not by your words because they only pay lip service but by your action. Moreso, actions speak louder than words

1 Like

Re: by olawalepopoola: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2016
Nigeria will surely be great, but may take time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2016
olawalepopoola:
will you get off this thread?

10 Likes

Re: by harsysky(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2016
olawalepopoola:

You knew quite alright this thread isn't for you ,yet out of ignorance, you still had to drop a coMment. Ask your fore-fathers, if they are still alive, to analyze now and their own time. They optimistically said, "Naija will be great". If they were alive, they would without doubt say, "it was better in their days than now". My own generation are just chicken-hearted.

2 Likes

Re: by hucienda: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2016
Nigeria really needs her 'Storming of the Bastille' moment.

1 Like

Re: by harsysky(m): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2016
hucienda:
Nigeria really needs her 'Storming of the Bastille' moment.

You're right brother. The part I love is when the rescue team Governor De Launay called came and fought with the mob against De Launay. How can we make that very act happen here in Nigeria

Funny enough, it happened on the 14th of july, 5 days from today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Obidikejr(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
They will not put this one on front page now because it speaks the raw truth of Nigeria today, even NL plays politics, smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Sport Car Designed & Manufactured By An Igbo Man(photos) / Another Picture Of President Muhammad Buhari In London Has Resurfaced / Engr. Musa Wada Of PDP Picks Sam Aro As Running Mate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.