Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings (976 Views)

Protest In Ghana Against US Military Is Massive (Photos) / Gofundme Page For Alton Sterling’s Children Exceeds $648,000 / Couple Kissing On A Bike At Kenyans' Political Protest Today (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by mrofficial(m): 5:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Four Dallas police officers were killed and seven others were wounded by snipers on Thursday night during a demonstration protesting the police shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana this week, according to Chief David O. Brown of the Dallas police.

Chief Brown said the shooting was carried out by two snipers who fired down on a demonstration in the city’s downtown area that until then had been peaceful.

“Some were shot in the back,” the chief said. “We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves in a way to triangulate on these officers.”

A civilian was also wounded.

Mayor Mike Rawlings said at about 11:30 p.m. that one suspect “had been cornered by police.” No arrests had been made.

Police were also combing downtown Dallas for what they believe was a bomb planted by the snipers as the heart of the country’s ninth-largest city was put on lockdown.

They “planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could,” he said.

The chief said he had contacted the F.B.I. and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for help in the investigation.

Source: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us/3-dallas-officers-killed-at-protest-over-police-shootings.html

1 Like

Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by bewla(m): 5:46am On Jul 08, 2016
call them avengers
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by chachanga: 5:49am On Jul 08, 2016
empire strikes back: Boondocks Streetz VErsion

RIP to the officers burr sometimes i often wonder why they get so hard on black neighborhoods

plus, if they so good at marksmanship the way they are, why do they always make "bodyshots" to the chest a priority; must you kill a man for every little provocation? cry

1 Like

Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Luckylife(m): 6:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Any actions that leads to killing of a soul(s) be the authority or otherwise just count me out but will support life imprisonment for the killer . A nation where kill me I kill you their future is bleak.
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by seunny4lif(m): 6:04am On Jul 08, 2016
USA shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by LordofNaija: 6:10am On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is doomed. I'm off to Niger. who be this ppl Wey come block me for ftc
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 08, 2016
Luckylife:
Any actions that leads to killing of a soul(s) be the authority or otherwise just count me out but will support life imprisonment for the killer . A nation where kill me I kill you their future is bleak.

When the system is biased and won't uphold rule of law to every race, this is what it leads to. Especially in America where almost everyone has a gun.
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by SeverusSnape(m): 6:15am On Jul 08, 2016
This is too bad.
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 08, 2016
Updated...11 shot, 4 dead...One in custody one other suspect Cornered in a Parking lot.

GUNS...Get rid of them...The founding fathers didn't have Sleek Glocks and Rapid fire Rifles when they conjured the 2ND Amendment.

2 Likes

Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Izontubo(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2016
SeverusSnape:
This is too bad.
America paying the hard way for their inglorious gun law....mumu country...
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 08, 2016
Izontubo:
America paying the hard way for their inglorious gun law....mumu country...

The 2ND amendment was fine 200 years ago...But with our gun law our crime rate is still lower than yours.
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by MrEverest(m): 6:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Insecurity everywhere but that of Nigeria is @ hobbesian level, it has no rival in the world!!
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Izontubo(m): 6:54am On Jul 08, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:

The 2ND amendment was fine 200 years ago...But with our gun law our crime rate is still lower than yours.
so you are told...America is highly unsafe...let Americans eat their guns....They are their own terrorists...
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by BermudaTriangle(m): 6:54am On Jul 08, 2016
If only they had done justice on George Zimmerman the racist murderer, these would've been averted. Now the blacks are taking justice in their own hands certain they will never get justice in American racist courts.
To further rub insult to injury, Zimmerman auctioned with glee and bravado, the gun he used to snuff life out of a young unarmed black youth and the governments looked on.
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 08, 2016
Newtons 3rd law of motion. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2016
Tupac mentioned this in his track "wonder if heaven's got a ghetto" i.e before the invention of camera phone. The cops have been killing blacks for a very long timem Technology is now exposing their criminal activities.

Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 08, 2016
America: the only country you're allowed to carry Loaded gun to a protest
Re: Alton Sterling: 4 Officers Killed At Dallas Protest Over Police Killings by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:

Tell that to the families of both the dead and the injured cops. Would make for a fantastic conversation.

(1) (Reply)

Garbon Parliament Set Ablaze After President Bongo Delcared Winner / President Donald John Trump! / Breaking News! Hillary Clinton Calls Trump To Concede (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.