Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. (816 Views)

The Poor Vs The Rich In Nigerian Prisons: See The Difference (Photos) / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Okorocha To Establish College In Bauchi To Help The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by gbadexy(m): 5:56am On Jul 08, 2016
As lagbaja once sang, me and you no be enemy, we suppose to be family, na wetin you dey find I dey find.
I won't pretend there is no love lost between the two tribes but not to this debased level.
All in all, those tribalists are maga scammed by the elites.
We are the same people looking for the same basic things. The problem started with the politicians in the first republic and during the civil war with hate inciting propaganda used as war tool that illiterate folks swallowed and pass down.
Truth be told, an average ibo man is a good person. They form bulk of my distributors and we enjoy very good relationship.
I've met the kindest ibos too on nairaland through my business.
Our real problem is the political class that continually use the divide and rule to subjugate us.
Only struggling class carry tribalism on their head. There is no tribalism amongst the rich.
In fact a rich ibo man prefers his children to relate only with the children of a fellow rich man from another tribe on a street than his poor kinsmen children.
Truth be told, the mutual dislike and rivalry exist, some weak and twisted folks take it to the extreme.
I am yet to benefit from the vice president that is a yoruba man. Tinubu isn't aware of my existence or gives a damn about me or about most of the others defending him.
My people, please read animal farm by george Orwell.
I can assure you that if this clamor for secession is achieved, the political class will be in romance with the political leaders of other region they detest now and would be hobnobbing with them.
Self actualisation is any group of peopless right though. Just that tribal and religious sentiment is a tool in the hands of the elites to achieve an end and the status quo remains.

3 Likes

Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by veekid(m): 6:06am On Jul 08, 2016
Sighs
Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by Horlufemi(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2016
I've been trying to tell people this same thing for years.

Tribalism is an animal behavior

1 Like

Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by Oksman(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Wonderful, keep it up and God bless you.
Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by Godfullsam(m): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2016
Nice one OP. Soon some hungry bigots will read different meanings into the write up and tribal E-WAR will start.

1 Like

Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by ministeriallist: 6:27am On Jul 08, 2016
My best friends are my business associates and those who are relevant to my business success, not my kinsman. But if I want my kinsman to patronize me, I played on his tribal weakness and get him to remain loyal while I still enjoy patronage from all tribes.

As far as gullible people abound, play on their intelligence to achieve your own success.
Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by ministeriallist: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2016
Godfullsam:
Nice one OP. Soon some hungry bigots will read different meanings into the write up and tribal E-WAR will start.
One thing I have noticed about tribal bigots is that they are very poor.
Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by gbadexy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
ministeriallist:

One thing I have noticed about tribal bigots is that they are very poor.
You are correct. Someone productively engaged has no time for tribalism.
He is to busy making money and giving his family the good life.

2 Likes

Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
an ode for unity i guess.......rather belated.

The revolution in poland was made up of large poor working class.

there x bad blood already. That u go around the streets of onitsha market and hear when x buhari dyin tells u so called One nigeria is a farce. And onitsha traders are not poor. they r d middleclass.

point is most from that part called SE are fed up with Naija. that simple.

preachin peace to them is like pourin water over stone.

and mind u the super rich u mention are not majority. No revolution ever had the super rich in support.
Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by gbadexy(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
here is a post supposedly credited to emir Sanusi shared to buttress my original post.
Even if it didn't emanate from him, it's still a brilliant write up.

This is Truism!

From SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI

Tribalism is not our problem. Tribalism and religion are artificial problems created by selfish leaders for their own personal interest.

There are only two major tribes in Nigeria. The Elites and the Masses. Once you make lots of money, you belong to the elite tribe. When you are a commoner or suffering, you belong to the tribe of the masses. If you are an elite, and you need more power, or elective position, you sow seeds of tribalism and religion among the masses, so as to sway their emotion for your personal victory. This happens at both the national and state level. Unfortunately, after the election when they have won and joined their “sworn enemies” to drink and party, the gullible masses continue to fight each other.

Even smart people who belong to the masses, sometimes will sow seeds of tribalism and religion among the masses, and then the masses will carry them up until they belong to the elite class. It is a classic strategy used over 3000 years ago in the art of war. A commoner who aspires to sit with the elites, could stir up powerful tribal or religious sentiments, such wave if properly utilized either by shedding blood or destabilizing the elites, carries the commoner to the elite class. But once there, he immediately mingles and makes peace with the elite tribe, and turn his back on the same masses that helped him get there.

Youths are the worst victim of this powerplay, they kill each other, call other tribes unprintable names, do terrible things and sometimes, even lose their life, thinking they are fighting for their right, not knowing that they are fighting for the personal welfare of someone, whose own children are probably safe in America or London.

So youths, don’t hope on the government. If you don’t have a job, create one. There is abject poverty in the south as well as the north, whether Ogoni or Maidugri. At the same time, there is massive wealth in Lagos, Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba, Kano, Abuja, irrespective of zone.

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it well and never remain idle. No job is too low for an idle hand, or else the devil will find work for you. As you become independent, and grow your capacity, do not lose hope in Nigeria. We are the largest economy in Africa and soon the world will fear us. Western powers, don’t like big economies that threaten them, America will do anything to break China, but China is wise to resist that. China has 1.6 billion people, we have only 170 million, and we are talking of breaking.

China has 5 major religions which are Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Islam and Christianity. Nigeria has only 2 major religions, Christianity and Islam. Yet we claim that religion is our problem.

America, the strongest economy is comprised of every tribe in the world, since they accept anybody from any part of the world. Yet they are united and extremely patriotic. Nigeria has only 3 major tribes, and we claim tribalism.

Think clearly and deeply, and you will realize that empowering yourself is the best course of action, not fighting each other. And once the youths are empowered, they can begin to take back their future from the hands of the old and corrupt generation that has been blinding Nigerians with hatred, while looting all her resources. Sani Abacha’s loot is still stashed away in Switzerland, did he use it to develop the north? Those that stole billions under GEJ stashed it away in foreign banks, bought expensive toys, jets and foreign homes, are they using it to develop the south? Now the ones stealing currently, including the “grasscutters”, are looking for Ikoyi apartments, abandoned houses, and pit toilets to hide it, are they using it for the youths in their tribe? NO!

Youths shine your eyes ! Don’t always fall for this tribal, religious sentiments over and over again. Nigeria is bigger than these corrupt elites. They are the problem, not the poor masses.

cc mynd44, lalasticlala, let's give it a wider reach to promote Unity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rich, The Poor And Tribalism. by olaitoro(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2018
gbadexy:
here is a post supposedly credited to emir Sanusi shared to buttress my original post.
Even if it didn't emanate from him, it's still a brilliant write up.

This is Truism!

From SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI

Tribalism is not our problem. Tribalism and religion are artificial problems created by selfish leaders for their own personal interest.

There are only two major tribes in Nigeria. The Elites and the Masses. Once you make lots of money, you belong to the elite tribe. When you are a commoner or suffering, you belong to the tribe of the masses. If you are an elite, and you need more power, or elective position, you sow seeds of tribalism and religion among the masses, so as to sway their emotion for your personal victory. This happens at both the national and state level. Unfortunately, after the election when they have won and joined their “sworn enemies” to drink and party, the gullible masses continue to fight each other.

Even smart people who belong to the masses, sometimes will sow seeds of tribalism and religion among the masses, and then the masses will carry them up until they belong to the elite class. It is a classic strategy used over 3000 years ago in the art of war. A commoner who aspires to sit with the elites, could stir up powerful tribal or religious sentiments, such wave if properly utilized either by shedding blood or destabilizing the elites, carries the commoner to the elite class. But once there, he immediately mingles and makes peace with the elite tribe, and turn his back on the same masses that helped him get there.

Youths are the worst victim of this powerplay, they kill each other, call other tribes unprintable names, do terrible things and sometimes, even lose their life, thinking they are fighting for their right, not knowing that they are fighting for the personal welfare of someone, whose own children are probably safe in America or London.

So youths, don’t hope on the government. If you don’t have a job, create one. There is abject poverty in the south as well as the north, whether Ogoni or Maidugri. At the same time, there is massive wealth in Lagos, Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba, Kano, Abuja, irrespective of zone.

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it well and never remain idle. No job is too low for an idle hand, or else the devil will find work for you. As you become independent, and grow your capacity, do not lose hope in Nigeria. We are the largest economy in Africa and soon the world will fear us. Western powers, don’t like big economies that threaten them, America will do anything to break China, but China is wise to resist that. China has 1.6 billion people, we have only 170 million, and we are talking of breaking.

China has 5 major religions which are Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Islam and Christianity. Nigeria has only 2 major religions, Christianity and Islam. Yet we claim that religion is our problem.

America, the strongest economy is comprised of every tribe in the world, since they accept anybody from any part of the world. Yet they are united and extremely patriotic. Nigeria has only 3 major tribes, and we claim tribalism.

Think clearly and deeply, and you will realize that empowering yourself is the best course of action, not fighting each other. And once the youths are empowered, they can begin to take back their future from the hands of the old and corrupt generation that has been blinding Nigerians with hatred, while looting all her resources. Sani Abacha’s loot is still stashed away in Switzerland, did he use it to develop the north? Those that stole billions under GEJ stashed it away in foreign banks, bought expensive toys, jets and foreign homes, are they using it to develop the south? Now the ones stealing currently, including the “grasscutters”, are looking for Ikoyi apartments, abandoned houses, and pit toilets to hide it, are they using it for the youths in their tribe? NO!

Youths shine your eyes ! Don’t always fall for this tribal, religious sentiments over and over again. Nigeria is bigger than these corrupt elites. They are the problem, not the poor masses.

cc mynd44, lalasticlala, let's give it a wider reach to promote Unity!

(1) (Reply)

This Should Be The Salary Structure Of Our Political Office Holders In Nigeria / Borno Citizens Are Starving And Dying Like People In Darfur: UN / Ohaneze Ndi-igbo Hold Igbo Unity Forum In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.