Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog (8573 Views)

Six Best Ways To Monetize A Blog Without Pasting Ads / Game Of Copying! All The Times Facebook Tried To Drown Snapchat / Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by Gboliwe: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2016
pendusky:

Choleric Gboliwe was op enquiry an article?

@thespellcheckher and Gboliwe uses the same IP address so I am not surprised you know.

Ifu idad
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by dearie(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2016
Guy...Please let's not derail the topic. Can we just leave the messenger and concentrate on the message.

I think if the copied post is adequately referenced i.e if the owner is acknowledged by way of 'hyperlinking' the original post...then you are good to go. Just my thought...I may be wrong though.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by Benjom(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2016
webincomeplus:

Contrary to what most people think, Google ordinarily won't do anything to your blog for copying and pasting from other websites. However, if any of the websites you copied from should report you to them, they would remove all your pages from their rankings. But they still won't pull down your blog or do anything to it. So, if you're not expecting any traffic from Google, you can fire on.

Note, even if the website you copied from doesn't report you, you'll never get traffic from Google for copied post because the original owner of the content gets indexed first. That way, Google knows you're not the owner of the content, and there's no point duplicating results by ranking yours too.

However, if the website you copied from reports you to your hosting company, the company can pull down your blog because it's domiciled with them. That's if the hosting company is in the the US or other developed countries where copyright is taken seriously. In any case, they won't do that until after warning you to delete all copied posts.

So, if you're not looking at Google for traffic, you're free to copy and paste, but you'd do well to include a link to the source. In reality however, copy-and-paste blogging makes zero sense. Look at this: If you copy a news item from Punch's website, would you still expect me to read it on your own blog after already reading it on the source website?

It's either you find a way to craft unique content or go home. Not blogging at all is better than copy-and-paste blogging that fetches zero results, except for those who can invest heavily in other traffic strategies, most of which are poorly understood by beginners.

Your posts/comments are always exceptionally sensible.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by seunakin231(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
Check the penalty for plagiarism.....
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by Obas101(m): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2016
webincomeplus:

Contrary to what most people think, Google ordinarily won't do anything to your blog for copying and pasting from other websites. However, if any of the websites you copied from should report you to them, they would remove all your pages from their rankings. But they still won't pull down your blog or do anything to it. So, if you're not expecting any traffic from Google, you can fire on.

Note, even if the website you copied from doesn't report you, you'll never get traffic from Google for copied post because the original owner of the content gets indexed first. That way, Google knows you're not the owner of the content, and there's no point duplicating results by ranking yours too.

However, if the website you copied from reports you to your hosting company, the company can pull down your blog because it's domiciled with them. That's if the hosting company is in the the US or other developed countries where copyright is taken seriously. In any case, they won't do that until after warning you to delete all copied posts.

So, if you're not looking at Google for traffic, you're free to copy and paste, but you'd do well to include a link to the source. In reality however, copy-and-paste blogging makes zero sense. Look at this: If you copy a news item from Punch's website, would you still expect me to read it on your own blog after already reading it on the source website?

It's either you find a way to craft unique content or go home. Not blogging at all is better than copy-and-paste blogging that fetches zero results, except for those who can invest heavily in other traffic strategies, most of which are poorly understood by beginners.
Wot are d implications nd remedy for early application for adsense for a blog with insufficient data. If not approved how long does it take b4 you can apply again. Tnx lukin forward to ur response
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by adeoba2008(m): 9:08am On Jul 09, 2016
Copy cats are liable to die young. If anyone copies from my blog @[url] www.crmnigeria.com[/url]. Thunder will fire that person. To me, as someone have rightly said, if you are not expecting traffic from Google, continue copying.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2016
EternalBeing:
If Copy right law catch you... your blog and you na Sorry.

Yes

But, not in Nigeria
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by NasNation(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
Y should u copy another man's work, it's equivalent to stealing, dnt be lazy man, do dis and make ur hard earned money
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by francoworld4u: 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please, stop the insult and just heed correction. we don't need to fight one another here. We are all brothers and sisters to the Glory of God.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by xheyi: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
I really appreciate everyone for the comments and contributions. Those that criticized contructively and destructively, I appreciate u all.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by Sar96: 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2020
Copy and paste cannot end because almost everybody copy and paste including nairaland and lindaikejiblog.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog by fearless247: 7:40am On Jul 30, 2020
Most of you are just discussing copying and pasting without referring to Nairaland.

Tell me, what about all those news copied from other sites and pasted here daily? Is there applications?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Fully Approved Google Adsense Account For Sell [ONE ACCAVAILABLE NOW ] / Please Who Have Received Adsense Payment This Month / 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.