Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly (30264 Views)

Saraki Gives 4 SUVs To 4 High Chiefs In Ilorin (Photos) / De-Damak Motors Donates 2 SUVs To Nigerian Army. Photos / Govenor Wike Hands Over 16 SUVs To National Assembly Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by dubemivan(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2016
Bribery and Corruption in broad day light. This is the picture of our goverment and the people

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Maski87: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Hmm these Abakaliki people, sef just shows the don't know what to do with their money

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by KingDizzle(m): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Is this a project embarked on and completed by the governor ? I can see him cutting a tape which means he is commissioning the cars he bought. What a shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Abeyjide: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2016
How come is the governor presenting it? immagine Buhari presenting cars to national assembly.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by odomanis: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2016
cescky:
Quite unfortunate ....

But why them no buy innoson

Exactly ! That's my question too. Why didn't he buy Innoson for them ?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Codes151(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2016
Money that should be invested into the state! If he has a lot put it into sth meaningful!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by misterjosh(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2016
Armstrong34:
d cost of dose 6 SUV's could b estimated at #100m+
imagine such wastage at dis point in time....and huger is telling on Ebonyi pple
the cars are even more than... I wonder what revenue the state generates internally that the governor can think of this

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by anonimi: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2016
AreaFada2:
The funny thing is one of these SUVs' cost can renovate one derelict primary school that will help future generation learn. Na wa o.

Such as the one below that did not stop Fashola from dashing SUVs left, right and centre.
Are we black people CURSED

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

Princess2be:
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, western Nigeria, has approved the procurement of 120 new vehicles of various brands for traditional rulers in the state.

The state Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr Ademorin Kuye said the vehicles would be purchased in 2014 and that they would enable the traditional rulers discharge their responsibilities effectively.

“Already, the 120 vehicles have been provided for in the 2014 budget and these would add to the over 30 vehicles that we have provided in the current year.

“These vehicles speak of the commitment of the state government toward improving the welfare of traditional rulers in the state and empowering our Obas to serve their people, ‘’ he said.

Kuye told NAN that the state government was renovating palaces and building some new ones to strengthen the traditional institution and improve the living standards of the traditional rulers.

“We have just delivered a new palace for the Alara of Ilara, Epe and work would soon commence on new palaces for the Akran of Badagry and Olu of Ikeja,

“Renovation of the palaces of Ayangburen of Ikorodu and Elejigbo of Ejigbo are ongoing and we are taking all these steps to strengthen the traditional institution in the state, ‘’ he said.

The commissioner added that the state government had set up a committee to consider applications from traditional rulers seeking upgrade.

He said that the committee embedded in the State’s Council of Obas would ensure that qualified traditional rulers get the deserved elevation.

“We have different categories of Obas in the state and some of them, based on historical evidence and some other considerations, believe they should be upgraded to higher categories.

“So the committee on upgrade of traditional rulers will consider applications, scrutinise the evidence provided there-in and make recommendations to the state government for approval.

“It is State Executive Council that gives the final approval based on the merits of the recommended applications, ‘’ Kuye said.

The commissioner, who said traditional rulers were partners in progress, added that the state government would continue to work with them to ensure development in the state..

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/28/fashola-approves-120-cars-for-lagos-monarchs/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by depezee(m): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2016
Though the governor has changed the face of the state expecially in the state capital (Abakaliki ) - constructed durable brand new roads and fly-overs. However it doesn't call for this "fada Christmas" spending for legislatures in a state with thousands of unemployed youths.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by verisimilitude(m): 9:39am On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria politicians lack clear-cut ideology,what happened to d car they've been using or have they been trekking? Now dat u have affected d rich's life dear Governor what do u have for d masses only white-collar promises nd some fragmented incomplete white elephant projects. Nigeria seriously needs political revolution dats mi opinion we appreciate frivolities at d expense of pragmatism as leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by achi4u(m): 9:39am On Jul 08, 2016
Davi Umahi u fall my hand this time. It is last week that I paid (N7000) part of the state IGR of N14000 and all you could do is to go buy this plastic and iron.
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by smallJagaban: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Where is Innoson vehicle??

Hypocrisy is the problem of Ibo

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by MrPolitics: 9:47am On Jul 08, 2016
He has bought their loyalty
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 08, 2016
Benikuuse:
But what is the essence of buying big cars for these people?

That is what a Nigerian politician understands as true governance
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by shamecurls(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2016
odomanis:

Exactly ! That's my question too. Why didn't he buy Innoson for them ?

He is an educated an enlightened man giving a gift to people in his league.

He is fully aware than Innoson is a "MOBILE COFFIN" and would never want to diminish his reputation by acquiring such junk

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by dukeo(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:
[b]My South East brothers who are wont to calling PMB all sorts of names. My question is WHO IS MORE OF A DULLARD BETWEEN UMAHI and BUHARI? I staunchly believe it's the former.

a) Ebonyi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria with low monthly allocation and poor IGR yet the Governor could donate 2016 Prado SUVs not to school principals or civil servants but to House members who already has.

b) The price of the lowest 2016 Prado SUV is
52,990 dollars, if dollar to naira is pegged 1-#300,that's around 15,897,000.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/62136/toyota-prado-2016-australian-price-and-features-gx-gxl-vx-kakadu

c) What happened to INNOSON Motors? What happened to buy Nigeria to raise the naira campaign by the Twitter SINator BMB, I could remember how our Ibo brothers vilified Ambode for not patronising Innoson only for Wike to donate Honda cars some days later.

d) If the FG had bought this same Prado SUVs, the noise of PMB being anti-Ibo would be trending on Twitter.

e) I challenge Nairalanders in the South West to this exercise, whenever you see an Ibo man hawking anything in traffic, ask him his state of Origin, there is 75% chance that he is from Ebonyi, it used to be Akwa Ibom before. Political Platform on Raypower challenged its listeners to it and I found out it's true

f) If your governors wouldn't patronise INNOSON, no one else would.
I am sure many will QUOTE me that I'm obsessed with the Ibos, I'm only a Nigerian who loves the truth. [/b]

Okay
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by chichichilolo1(f): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Umahi my state governor is really putting Ebonyi in the news

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by charlesucheh(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2016
When you give them stuffs like this and say it's coming from the governor, then, they'll find it very difficult to perform their oversight functions objectively. A fund should at least be kept aside to ensure that these items are seen as necessities and not privilege!! And for the record SUV jeeps are to luxurious to be used as official cars!!! EXTRAVANGANZNA at the top!
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by nkemjacob2(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2016
What a wicked gvt. Do this pple really know the current state of the economy, i expect d eboyans to protest oooooo, expect they love to live in poverty under the watch of their stupid governor 4 dis sort of ideas
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by gomeks(m): 9:57am On Jul 08, 2016
Why all this wastage. Infrastructure are decaying, yet they are buying Prado jeep for law makers, if I may ask which law are they making. Thieves
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by nitt: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2016
Charly68:
Can you see something , buying cars for the legislators so that they can be blind to the realities & deaf to reasoning..this is how the Governors pollute & bastardise democracy..this is the kind of Govt of prolificacy that Saraki & co want the president to be running at the federal level . Thank God for the new era.

On point!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by nitt: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:
[b]My South East brothers who are wont to calling PMB all sorts of names. My question is WHO IS MORE OF A DULLARD BETWEEN UMAHI and BUHARI? I staunchly believe it's the former.

a) Ebonyi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria with low monthly allocation and poor IGR yet the Governor could donate 2016 Prado SUVs not to school principals or civil servants but to House members who already has.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/62136/toyota-prado-2016-australian-price-and-features-gx-gxl-vx-kakadu

c) What happened to INNOSON Motors? What happened to buy Nigeria to raise the naira campaign by the Twitter SINator BMB, I could remember how our Ibo brothers vilified Ambode for not patronising Innoson only for Wike to donate Honda cars some days later.

d) If the FG had bought this same Prado SUVs, the noise of PMB being anti-Ibo would be trending on Twitter.

e) I challenge Nairalanders in the South West to this exercise, whenever you see an Ibo man hawking anything in traffic, ask him his state of Origin, there is 75% chance that he is from Ebonyi, it used to be Akwa Ibom before. Political Platform on Raypower challenged its listeners to it and I found out it's true

I am sure many will QUOTE me that I'm obsessed with the Ibos, I'm only a Nigerian who loves the truth. [/b]

You've said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by shamecurls(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:

Truth be told and nothing but the truth..

Me and you both know Innoson is a "Mobile Coffin". You personally wont dare it if you were in his shoes. #MyTake

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Getintouch2004(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2016
pls what happened to INNOSON VEHICLES? These people are not helping naija economy at all. Soon them be shouting PMB this PMB that. Smh

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by tivta(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:

But the governor of Lagos always buys new jeeps for traditional rulers every 4 years...

Yet Lagos governor buys jeeps every four years for traditional rulers

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2016
Black man like to suffer, black man care about his stomach and his family's stomach, the rest should die, if u ain't smart u can't live in this country, i will do anything to be rich
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by missuzoma: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2016
the problem with umahi is that he does not accept advice from anyone. he has many official advisers but they are all idle and useless. he is all-knowing. he will soon start reaping what he is sowing.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by kwyllancy: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2016
[/quote][quote author=Bolustic post=47322184][b]My South East brothers who are wont to calling PMB all sorts of names. My question is WHO IS MORE OF A DULLARD BETWEEN UMAHI and BUHARI? I staunchly believe it's the former.

[b][/b]HOW MANY INNOSON CARS HAVE U OR UR STATE GOVERNOR BOUGHT?¿¿¿¿ FOR UR INFORMATION GOV. UMAHI USED MORE THAN 100 INNOSON CARS DURING HIS CAMPAIGN PERIOD. I DONT THINK U RE FROM EBONYI.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Divinehenrich(m): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2016
Absolutely rubbish, These are the things that make me wonder if this country is cursed.

Ebonyi state is the poorest state in the southeast. 85% of hawkers in the street that are of igbo origin are from Ebony.

Yet this mumu governor went and purchase 2016 Toyota Prado jeep for state legislators.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by oluala881: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2016
He don appease t'he gods and his stay will be splendid
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by LemonBoy1: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2016
I am so so disappointed. after some of my unhappy brothers will come out and start shouting "marginalization". when our leaders can't even buy from our own entrepreneurs. No wonder ppl like Dangote are so prosperous, because the leaders from the North patronize him like oxygen.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by kwyllancy: 10:18am On Jul 08, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for raising that point.
Moreover is it that the salary of these legisLOOTERS is not enough compared to the minimum wage of N18,000 to warrant dashing them SUVs on top?
Anyway if the people of Ebonyi are so carefree about how their:

- federal allocation
- taxes/IGR
- loans

are spent while they do not have:

- TAP water
- education for all children
- good roads
- clinics and hospitals

that can create EMPLOYMENT for their people so they don't flood into Lagos state to be abused by Yorubas, na them sabi oh!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/74vc52ydm52c5t07ebvrac20n353e0oy19384[/img]
[quote][/quote]

U have not made any SENSE undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Impeachment Notice: PDP Reps Threaten To Block Buhari’s Request On INEC Budget / Casualties Of Ganduje, Sanusi Quarrel / IGP Bans Phones, Laptops Search By SARS Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.