Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Understanding And Overcoming The Enemy’s Tactics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding And Overcoming The Enemy’s Tactics (284 Views)

Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes / Understanding And Receiving The Grace Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding And Overcoming The Enemy’s Tactics by yommyuk: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2016
No matter what specific form temptation takes in our lives, the enemy uses a fairly standard process to get us off track. And it is as effective as ever.

First, we begin to think about the object of our desire. We play with it in our mind, imagining how we would feel if it were ours. Isn’t it interesting that no matter how many blessings God has showered upon us, we always seem to focus on the one thing we do not have! We must ask ourselves, Could the enemy be trying to redirect my focus?

Remember, Satan wants to alienate us from the Lord. If he can get us to take our eyes off God and instead fix our attention on what we feel we’re lacking, then he can lead us to temptation.

Next, the thought builds until it finally gives way to full-blown desire. This intense longing is the culmination of our imaginings. We’re no longer content simply to enjoy the object in our mind; now, we must actually have it.

Finally, the desire leads to a choice. Here is where we make the decision, Will I give in to this sin, or will I lay it down and submit to the Lord’s will for my life?

Through the Holy Spirit’s power, we have the ability to walk away at any point in the process of temptation. We are never helpless to defuse the situation; no matter how much momentum has built up.

Do you ever feel as if you are powerless to stop a growing temptation in your life? Understanding the nature of this progressive process can help you to stand firm against the enemy’s tactics.

Luke 22:40
And when he came to the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.”

1 Peter 5:8-11
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Choice - Conformed Or Transformed / Eidlhadah Is On 12 Monday 2016, General Public Should Take Note. / To The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.