Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry (20083 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / "Olamide Will Soon Become An Upcoming Artiste Like Ice Prince" - Fan Says / Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by kevoh(m): 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
The OP's points are shallow. I expect Olamide stans to mention me and call me hater in 5,4,3...
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Omoluabi16(m): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Why you should all try to better your lives and stop this idle talk ffs!
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by daybreak08: 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Abodunrin07(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Baddo nla, street ti take over #iyalayaanybody#
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by dhakingpin(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
Olamide Baddo
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by kennyjodeci(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
For the fact that no international artist regnizes him means that he s too local despite his videos being played on mtv everyday, no outside shows except the ones the Yorubas in UK arrange for him...unlike Davido and wizkid who have gone to many African countries to perform...this means that he s not that good as you put him Op....I used to like his songs but nowadays I hardly listen to his songs cuz I'm tired of his noise.....and I'm sure many are tired of him too.....you even have the effrontery to call him "a rapper"....if Olamide is a rapper then he s a disgrace to Nigerian rap music industry, Cassper Nyovest is a definition of a rapper, talk about AKA, K.O, SARK, YCEE, M.I and his brother.....Lemme not add ice Prince cuz he s becoming a joke

Please I'm not hating on Olamide o, but trying to hype him like you just did is totally uncalled for....we are into music and we know good music when we hear one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Op just dey bomb grammar anyhow....eyan ti awon niger delta avengers
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by akinsunny2009(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
izzou:
OP

Where you a soldier before?

You seem to know how to shoot well

Your own bomb sef pass c4

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
shamecurls:
People will get tired of his noise in no time.

Music lacks content and just driven by noise which can only be understood when you drugged-up.

Idris Abul-kareem, Rugged Man, Terry D rapman and Terry-G did same and we all know where they re today. People will get tired of the noise in no time

You wont compare him with artiste that have content, Though they might not be at Olamide`s peak, but its certain they will hit it over the years.

#Consistency

You say noise? Lack content ?.......have you heard omoanifowose or inferiority complex ?

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Tmercy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
shamecurls:

Music lacks content and just driven by noise which can only be understood when you drugged-up.

Idris Abul-kareem, Rugged Man, Terry D rapman and Terry-G did same and we all know where they re today. People will get tired of the noise in no time

You wont compare him with artiste that have content, Though they might not be at Olamide`s peak, but its certain they will hit it over the years.

#Consistency
6 yrs of consistency isn't a joke either

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Tomaxzyn1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
shamecurls:

#Consistency
U make me laff..what has street/hardcore got to do with moral content?..lolz..are u tired of gospel songs or inspirationals?..
Peeps be always over-emphasizing the 'CONTENT' term..
The content needed to be relevant in street/hardcore rap is just interestin but lewd lyrics and messages..
Jay Z, Snoop, Kanye West etc...I fink u shud do a background check on aw many years these dudes av been in the american industry and stil relevant..nd these dudes get super richer by the minute wit platinum album sales..
U fink dey av dis 'content' u talkin bou?
The prob wit naija rap artistes fading out prematurely is mostly ascribed to ..
1. THEIR MYOPIC PASSION FOR MUSIC..most of dem put the love of the money beyond the job of doin d music dat brings dis moni..once dey blow for awhile..their intellect Becomes lazy gradually til their commercial delivery dries off..
-----------------------------------------------------------
P.S: wat makes olamide seem to us as som1 who is gonna be relevant for awhile longer than usual is cos he appears to be intellectually alert wit his music delivery..which is evident in his back2back hits on his home soil
--------------------------------------------------------------
2. LACK OF REAL BUSINESS ACUMEN..they get endorsements and oda revenue from music and rather be found partyin and all sorts..yet they hardly av any REAL business venture dat brings enuf moni to mk dem actual billionaires(not terminal ones)..
makin moni aside music is nt ingrained in their mentality..they'd rather flaunt jewelry on instagram (and d likes) and all sort..
Lil wayne, BirdMan, Kanye, Tony Yayo, Pharell, P.Diddy Jay Z etc..these peeps av vast businesses that music moni gv dem capital to fire-up..even if music begins to fail dem at a time...the moni d music brought STAYs..
Nd if dat apuns..Who says they cnt find their feet again..provided the passion for the game is genuine..

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
Francis95:
True talk buh he should sing more of English
He is a Yoruba man from Nigeria. He is not from England or USA. Go and tell Kendrick Lamar to do his songs in Yoruba. You guys don't understand one thing about this guy... "He does what we understand (especially in the western part of Nigeria) Little wonder he always trend.

4 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tomaxzyn1:

U make me laff..what has street/hardcore got to do with moral content?..lolz..are u tired of gospel songs or inspirationals?..
Peeps be always over-emphasizing the 'CONTENT' term..
The content needed to be relevant in street/hardcore rap is just interestin but lewd lyrics and messages..
Jay Z, Snoop, Kanye West etc...I fink u shud do a background check on aw many years these dudes av been in the american industry and stil relevant..nd these dudes get super richer by the minute wit platinum album sales..
U fink dey av dis 'content' u talkin bou?
The prob wit naija rap artistes fading out prematurely is mostly ascribed to ..
1. THEIR MYOPIC PASSION FOR MUSIC..most of dem put the love of the money beyond the job of doin d music dat brings dis moni..once dey blow for awhile..their intellect Becomes lazy gradually til their commercial delivery dries off..
-----------------------------------------------------------
P.S: wat makes olamide seem to us as som1 who is gonna be relevant for awhile longer than usual is cos he appears to be intellectually alert wit his music delivery..which is evident in his back2back hits on his home soil
--------------------------------------------------------------
2. LACK OF REAL BUSINESS ACUMEN..they get endorsements and oda revenue from music and rather be found partyin and all sorts..yet they hardly av any REAL business venture dat brings enuf moni to mk dem actual billionaires(not terminal ones)..
makin moni aside music is nt ingrained in their mentality..they'd rather flaunt jewelry on instagram (and d likes) and all sort..
Lil wayne, BirdMan, Kanye, Tony Yayo, Pharell, P.Diddy Jay Z etc..these peeps av vast businesses that music moni gv dem capital to fire-up..even if music begins to fail dem at a time...the moni d music brought STAYs..
Nd if dat apuns..Who says they cnt find their feet again..provided the passion for the game is genuine..
wow! Facts only! You've said it all. errmmm, maybe not all grin
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by smartograpy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
MhizSophy:
You're forgetting that what kills most artistes that seem to be dominating is not the type of songs they sing.. It's their lifestyle.. A few years from now many of them would have cancer or liver related issues.. The type of songs the guy sings sells because Nigerians don't listen to lyrics. Is it not the same Olamide that was praising Rape with story for the Gods..
Get it right Olamide was not promoting rape if you listen well u will know that Olamide did not say something partaining to rape he was just trying to pass a message of his encounter to his fans .And am sure he did not beg you to listen pesonally i love the song (AH STORY FOR THE GODS NOW SHE SAY MOROGO)
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by happney65: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
MhizSophy:
You're forgetting that what kills most artistes that seem to be dominating is not the type of songs they sing.. It's their lifestyle.. A few years from now many of them would have cancer or liver related issues.. The type of songs the guy sings sells because Nigerians don't listen to lyrics. Is it not the same Olamide that was praising Rape with story for the Gods..

Where exactly did he glorify rape in that song?Can you please give me the lines?I keep on hearing this over and over again but I haven't seen where rape was glorified..It was a mutual consent between both parties..
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by charlesucheh(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
How did this make FP Just imagine the english language expression in it!!! I'll leave it to my 5 years old cousin to correct!!
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Francis95(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Gr8Adedayo:
He is a Yoruba man from Nigeria. He is not from England or USA. Go and tell Kendrick Lamar to do his songs in Yoruba. You guys don't understand one thing about this guy... "He does what we understand (especially in the western part of Nigeria) Little wonder he always trend.
Boss, this is Naija... How do you expect me to enjoy his songs as an Igbo guy? I dnt understand his language at all

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by smartograpy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mr man go and listen to bobo eyanmayweather omoanifowose lagos boys before you start posting shit Malowa i just say make i clear your doubt about the best artiste file fun baddo eyanmayweather
power900:
badoo will soon fade out believe me, the problem I have with him is his beats, they sound like something mixed with an android phone, davido and wizkid spend cash to get a quality producer just like rickross beats more matured on the ears......badoo should step up his game, I could pick over 15 of his songs that can't match "ojuelegba" and "skelewu"
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by emsco(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
And this rubbish made front page?
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by LEAFLET(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
kennyjodeci:
For the fact that no international artist regnizes him means that he s too local despite his videos being played on mtv everyday, no outside shows except the ones the Yorubas in UK arrange for him...unlike Davido and wizkid who have gone to many African countries to perform...this means that he s not that good as you put him Op....I used to like his songs but nowadays I hardly listen to his songs cuz I'm tired of his noise.....and I'm sure many are tired of him too.....you even have the effrontery to call him "a rapper"....if Olamide is a rapper then he s a disgrace to Nigerian rap music industry, Cassper Nyovest is a definition of a rapper, talk about AKA, K.O, SARK, YCEE, M.I and his brother.....Lemme not add ice Prince cuz he s becoming a joke

Please I'm not hating on Olamide o, but trying to hype him like you just did is totally uncalled for....we are into music and we know good music when we hear one
You made sense but calling iceprince a joke is too mean to me.. Have you heard his latest rap single Seasons He spit fire and song is already in contention for rap song of the year.. Dude has to keep up by doing commercial singing songs.. Tomorrow now you might end up saying that Phyno is becoming a joke too... Guy park well
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by saintdennis(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
I bump ola once in a while but truth is he doesn't have a classic track yet or How many pple stll listen to "bobo"?

He's made it and that's what matters sha, if u don't like his type of music then enter studio and try to change the culture. #simple.

Let's not forget 2face was dropping korrect tracks with lyrical content and thought provoking messages and he still sold records.

So if u a critic patronise the good rappers/artiste or enter studio do ur own.
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Tomaxzyn1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
kennyjodeci:

Sir..u need to get some facts/ideologies straight as regards davido and wizkid being recgnized by int'l artistes..
These dudes literally go hustling for the attention of dis int'l acts like studio rats til dey get lucky to be attended to..
U dnt wanna aw knw much dey pay and spend to get close to these artistes talkless of gettin features wit em'...
Dis is why dey r hardly around here makin music for the home-based fans..
U fink dey wud av had dis much weight in naija music industry if dey started their music career chasin int'l acts for CAREER-KILLIN cameo appearances?..
U now see olamide's songs as local..
Sir..davido and wizkid started and got relevant thru dis same local contents..
Need I tel u d nonsense wizkid did on Drake's song dat he calls feature?...ion fink so..
Wizkid in particular is no longer bothered bou his home-based fans who lifted him to whr he is today..he's obsessed with int'l recognition more than his primary assignment of making GOOD music more importantly for his fans at home..
When an artiste's FAME begins to shadow his MUSICAL legacy..the diminishing returns phase of that artiste's career begins..
D'banj will explain better..
I fink u shud take a min' nd critically examine why P'square nd Don Jazzy dnt appear so int'lly famous as Wizkid and Davido yet dey r more relevant than these two as far as Music(for wat it is) is concerned..
I dnt hate wizkid and davido..juz gettin some facts straight..
-------------------------------------------------------------
The line between AMBITION and OBSESSION is much thinner than one might imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by kennyjodeci(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
LEAFLET:
You made sense but calling iceprince a joke is too mean to me.. Have you heard his latest rap single Seasons He spit fire and song is already in contention for rap song of the year.. Dude has to keep up by doing commercial singing songs.. Tomorrow now you might end up saying that Phyno is becoming a joke too... Guy park well

I said that because for a long time now Ice Prince has been churning out songs that I cant really figure out words that can be used to qualify them.....talking about Phyno, he s just a king on his own Lane but can never be in the same lane with guys like Cassper, AKA M.I etc....Even Zoro the Ogene crooner will murder phyno in both Igbo and English rap....jukwaa ese

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by omogerohprecious(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Playing should prefer Quality over Quantity
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by jide219(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Even my child will grow up to listen to him, baddo forever
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by Tomaxzyn1(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Francis95:
Boss, this is Naija... How do you expect me to enjoy his songs as an Igbo guy? I dnt understand his language at all
Well put..
Erm..from ur perspective...I guess PHYNO's songs are useless to me as well....#AmNotYoruba
Lolz..see broda...MUSIC goes beyond language barriers..
If u like som1's songs..it doznt necessarily tells us dat u undastand d language..
Aw come LAGBAJA got so popular back then in the US and Eastern Europe, yet d whites crushin on his songs dnt undastand Jack of wateva he sings..
I av a couple of italian and latino songs on my sony phone..nd I enjoy dem..lolz..
B4 music is bein examined to d extent of tryin to decode the language..the RHYTHM and FLOW is veri important..
This is wat attracts the fans b4 the music language comes in..
If u dnt agree..erm..why do some instrumentals sound so interestin to producers such dat dey av to sell dem(at high fees) to artistes to mk COMMERCIALLY qualitative songs..
Beats/instrumentals dnt av languages..do they?
Bro..confess..u dnt like olamide..that is no sin mehn

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by juliuscarter(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
power900:
badoo will soon fade out believe me, the problem I have with him is his beats, they sound like something mixed with an android phone, davido and wizkid spend cash to get a quality producer just like rickross beats more matured on the ears......badoo should step up his game, I could pick over 15 of his songs that can't match "ojuelegba" and "skelewu"
What is dis one sayingIs Olamide now a producer?
Shizzi,Young John, Pheels and mastercraft produced most of Olamide' song same as Davido too. This are great producers in Nigeria
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by juliuscarter(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
kennyjodeci:

U used to like his song but u don't like it anymore. Does that means he is not as good as before?
Secondly, Olamide sings and RAP, everyone knows this and if truly u are into music then u should know that Olamide always rap when he want to though he mostly sings lately but that does not mean he is not a rapper. YC and co u mentioned are giving him his respect as a rapper. Incase u want to reconfirm baddo's rap listen to Zero joy, Voice of d street, eyan mayweather
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by kennyjodeci(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
juliuscarter:

U used to like his song but u don't like it anymore. Does that means he is not as good as before?
Secondly, Olamide sings and RAP, everyone knows this and if truly u are into music then u should know that Olamide always rap when he want to though he mostly sings lately but that does not mean he is not a rapper. YC and co u mentioned are giving him his respect as a rapper. Incase u want to reconfirm baddo's rap listen to Zero joy, Voice of d street, eyan mayweather

Ycee is giving him respect because he has been in the game before him not because he s better than Ycee when it comes to music...I prefer Ycee's style of singing though...Olamide makes noise when he sings....

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by juliuscarter(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
kennyjodeci:

I said that because for a long time now Ice Prince has been churning out songs that I cant really figure out words that can be used to qualify them.....talking about Phyno, he s just a king on his own Lane but can never be in the same lane with guys like Cassper, AKA M.I etc....Even Zoro the Ogene crooner will murder phyno in both Igbo and English rap....jukwaa ese
Guy u are just a hater...Phyno is far better than all these guys u mentioned. We are talking about good music and consistent artist here. Cassper, AKA M.I which of there latest song dey burst ur brain now. talk true
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by kenoz(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
True
Re: Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry by 01Mysticdon(m): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
Baddo for life!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid Pictured With His 3rd Son, Zion / John Fashanu And Rachel At Nwugo's Birthday (Photos) / Pictures Of "Hot" Celebrities Without Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.