Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Teach Us To Fish Please!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teach Us To Fish Please!!! (522 Views)

Dollar Fall: Yemi Osinbajo Should Teach Buhari His Magic - Sen Ben Murray-bruce / Niger Delta Avengers Condemns Attack On Soldiers, Vows To Fish Out Killers / Photo-These Are People That Are Suppose To Go To Sambisa Forest To Fish Out BH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by Seungid1(f): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2016
Good morning nairalanders,
I was reading through threads early this morning when I came across a thread where a youth like myself was just venting out his frustration about the level and the rate at which poverty was raping most of us.

He was so on point that I was forced to keep following the thread. It came to a point, someone was deeply moved by the way youths narrate their various predicaments that he offered to bless 2people with a token.

Along the line, others with similar philanthropic spirit joined him to bless their fellow youths.
Re: Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by Seungid1(f): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Come and see the struggle, if it were to be a physical gathering, I'm sure there'll be serious stampede. Even the Op of the thread couldn't see his way to post anything anymore.

But amongst all these, I noticed a poster commented about a place where you can get a piece(acre) of land for 60k, which you can plant some crops. And I thought to myself, Over 20 people has received 5k this morning from this thread alone, what if that money was used to purchase the 60k land, pay for labor and plant something like plantain?

If 4-5 generous guys can be moved to help fellow youths out by giving them a token, it means there are still a few more that will be willing to teach us how to fish.
Re: Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by Seungid1(f): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2016
If the government won't help us, we should help ourselves among ourselves. I'm saying this because in this country, I've noticed that individual effort can't take us far, we can only achieve collectively.

Many of us are not lazy, but we're incapacitated because there are so many odds against us.

My opinion tho.

Lalasticlala, what do you think?

ymodulus
Agarawu23
Hadura29
Antiwailer
Rafeelly
Initialize
Ayo7
Re: Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by SamjohnnyB(m): 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
You right ma. there are even some places you can get acres of lands cheaper than that, but the capital to start is the problem. me for instance want to start farm on cucumber but have not really gotten enuf to start. but i believe i should be starting this year.
Re: Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by Seungid1(f): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2016
SamjohnnyB:
You right ma. there are even some places you can get acres of lands cheaper than that, but the capital to start is the problem. me for instance want to start farm on cucumber but have not really gotten enuf to start. but i believe i should be starting this year.
Yes my brother, trhat is the challenge most of us are facing....capital. Not all of us are looking for white collar job, personally, I wont mind to partner with few people who are very good with agriculture to become farmers.

1 Like

Re: Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Teach Us To Fish Please!!! by Seungid1(f): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2016
DDeliverer:

Nawa 4u o
I reported that post already. Please modify and remove that long quote. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive:Nigeria, Indian firm reach agreement on Ajaokuta Steel Company / Nigeria On The Brink Economically as Oil-producing Delta Collapses / Lesson For Every Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.