Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 (27134 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by harrysjones(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
but i need ur suport bro cool
byrron:

Your message was unsolicited and an evasion of my cyber space.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
harrysjones:
but i need ur suport bro cool

I have zero Interest on all these Mr this and Miss that of Nairaland, I have got better things to channel my energy and thoughts on.

All the best if that's what you desire!
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
byrron:

I have zero Interest on all these Mr this and Miss that of Nairaland, I have got better things to channel my energy and thoughts on.

All the best if that's what you desire!

I wonder how them young men think. Misplaced priorities.

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Darlo22(m): 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Sirmuel1:

Welcome back!!
This is the link to our facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths/

This is the link to our website: http://www.nigerianyouths.org

The Facebook page has been blocked from receiving new likes
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Darlo22:

The Facebook page has been blocked from receiving new likes

Are you trying to be funny?

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by swagaholic: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
I rush enter here as mtn just gimme 100mb still yet ntn new!!!! Smh
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
swagaholic:

Swags!!!!

You and I are gonna blast Copacabana anytime I burst Ph. Take my word for it. cool cool cool

Reach me on 7B1EBDDA
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by MORNDEW(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
faaiz4ever:
I really do not know the problem MORNDEW has with the kind of admin system we were running, Pasino was elected to lead by the majority, he was given powers to assign tasks, analyze feedback and make progressive decisions, however we all agreed that whenever Pasino's decisions raised argument or has oppositions, we will all go to the voting system and make collective decisions. No one will make unilateral decisions that affects all, so what is the problem here?. Pasino has done nothing wrong, we cannot crucify people based on their tribal, political and religious affiliations. He talked about being banned. MORNDEW was part of the team that created the rule and we all agreed. I objected that none of us has any right to remove a member since we are all Nigerian youths but they said a temporary ban and I was cool with it. This is a group thing you can't have your ways all the time, the truth is MORNDEW was pained cos the guy he voted did not win, that's what the hatred was all about. We appealed to him, some of us placed personal calls to him, as a matter of fact he held us to ransom because we could not progress for days, when I called him he said he would be a lonely voice because Pasino already has many supporters. I was so pissed, what kind of childish comment is this are you saying because Pasino has more votes during TeamLeader election automatically means all the people that voted for him will always support his ideas forever? Is this about you or the whole Nigerian youths? Please let us all judge this kind of mindset, should we now cancel the whole effort because of one single guy? Because he feels lonely in the group. For those saying this has already been hijacked, ask yourself what possible progress could we have made in just 2 weeks to be hijacked? We all need re-orientation in this country. Thanks

I have laid low and has left you guys to continue in peace but it seems you guys still want to be dragging my name to this with lies. Expect my next reply and what transpired in the group.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by banmee(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
woodcook:

Oga at first I wanted to ignore after reading your comments but after a while I decided to come online again and drop this for you and other youths.

I think you guys are boxing yourself in or rather you guys have killed the movement even before take off.

All the things you wrote up there about what you are trying to achieve are already covered by law under the Ministry of Youths and Sports, you guys are just reinventing the wheel.

Secondly once you register your group it automatically falls under the purview of the above mentiond ministry (ie if and when you succeed with the registration)

In addition registration, provides you with a leader who is answerable to the government hence the leader has a target on his back. The government of Nigeria knowns him and also what to do to bring him to his knees-just few Ghana must go bags he will break the group forming different factions thus rendering the movement infective.

The best approach should have been to organize the groups into teams based on functions and states, and each team has a team leader. Should there be any need to present someone on behalf of the group the group will choose among the team leaders and send the person. Sending someone forward will be on need basis and the nature of the meeting so as not to concentrate power in the hands of a single man.such that should him be picked up only that team(which forms a small fraction of the group) will have a temporary problem selecting new team leader without putting the whole group in distress.

Finally, if you guys want to act you better act now all that is needed is to agree on what to ask from the government eg change of a specific minister or change of a particular policies or government etc. Once that is agreed upon, you guys agree on date and venues and a way to communicate and share picturee and videos among states/teams, then take to the streets and occupy the nation untill your demands are met.

Who the phuck is spamming my moniker? You better delete me from this phucked up list.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
We are still here....
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
dadebayo1:
We are still here....

Of course we are bro.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Yes we are
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
Progress and way forward...
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2016
dadebayo1:
Progress and way forward...

I'll have the team send you a comprehensive mail on the subject.

In all honesty, planning takes a lot of time so I plead with my brothers and sisters to bear with us. We're few days to Launch. cool cool cool
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2016
pacino26:

I'll have the team send you a comprehensive mail on the subject.

In all honesty, planning takes a lot of time so I plead with my brothers and sisters to bear with us. We're few days to Launch. cool cool cool

OK sir..thank you..
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by swagaholic: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ok... we waiting
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by permanentgrace(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2016
swagaholic:

Abeg which plan mtn dey give 100mb? I need it pls.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 28, 2016
While I believe a revolution is needed to cleanse our Augean stable, I don't believe this is THAT revolution. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I see this fizzling out.

A try revolution is almost always spontaneous and not planned like this.

Nigerian youths of this generation cannot do it.

See as tribalism and religious concerns put a halt to all these.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2016
Ioannes:
While I believe a revolution is needed to cleanse our Augean stable, I don't believe this is THAT revolution. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I see this fizzling out.

The New Nigerian Youth holds life very dear and precious. So planning is not just to mobilize and attack as most people expected.

Case study for your proposal; Libya, Egypt, Syria, Tunisia (if am not mistaken) one thing they all have in common is RISING! After that what next; you sit idle while your country is back to the stone age? Pliferage on existing infrastructure by foreign investors? How bout watching while resources like our crude gets exported because we're caught in unplanned change? You forgot bout the thousands of youths like you that form human shield around your likely perceived targets,would you ravage your way through?

To my most basic question, HOW DO YOU FIGHT AN UNSEEN ENEMY?

We will get there my brother.

dadebayo1:

OK sir..thank you..

Received the mail yet? Morning

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
pacino26:

The New Nigerian Youth holds life very dear and precious. So planning is not just to mobilize and attack as most people expected.

Case study for your proposal; Libya, Egypt, Syria, Tunisia (if am not mistaken) one thing they all have in common is RISING! After that what next; you sit idle while your country is back to the stone age? Pliferage on existing infrastructure by foreign investors? How bout watching while resources like our crude gets exported because we're caught in unplanned change? You forgot bout the thousands of youths like you that form human shield around your likely perceived targets,would you ravage your way through?

I'm sorry, but the Nigerian youths don't know their @ashole from a hole in the ground.

When you get there please wake me up.

Ours is to raise children with a different mentality from ours who will effect the change.

Our generation can't effect any meaningful change. We are worse than our fathers. A pity.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Ioannes:

You are right. Events like revolution, public protest are not planned in this manner. They occur almost spontaneously. I don't see this movement achieving anything tangible.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 11:09am On Jul 28, 2016
Ioannes:

When you get there please wake me up.

Ours is to raise children with a different mentality from ours who will effect the change.

Good to know you've resolved to start from somewhere. cool cool cool

I won't fail even if you choose to but I'll wake you up soon.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
gensteejay:

You are right. Events like revolution, public protest are not planned in this manner. They occur almost spontaneously. I don't see this movement achieving anything tangible.

Protests are not planned Wow am so amazed. So how do they get to print placards and banners. And how will you get just 10,000 youths on the street if you don't plan and they don't share your beliefs. Bros wake up this is not fuel price increment protest. I can agree things are slow now cos we are facing some challenges but I can assure you we are on the right track. Thanks

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
pacino26:

Good to know you've resolved to start from somewhere. cool cool cool

I won't fail even if you choose to but I'll wake you up soon.

I wish you all the best in that. Maybe I'll be inspired to carry placard follow una.

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
pacino26:

No sir.. I have not seen the mail
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
gensteejay:

Finally, somebody who gets it.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
faaiz4ever:

Protests are not planned Wow am so amazed. So how do they get to print placards and banners. And how will you get just 10,000 youths on the street if you don't plan and they don't share your beliefs. Bros wake up this is not fuel price increment protest. I can agree things are slow now cos we are facing some challenges but I can assure you we are on the right track. Thanks
Ok. Let's just assume you are right that this initiative requires planning. The way you people are going about the planning, is that how to plan for something of this nature? Imagine the guy who opened the thread calling an issue related to IPOB a petty one. And during the debate on this issue, your own attitude, faaiz, showed you only cared about monetary contributions for the project, when you asked carelessly that how much have I contributed to this cause. Is this all about money?

You people think once someone raises any issue concerning the person of pacino, the individual must be interested in challenging his leadership. You think everyone is interested in petty power tussle. You don't care whether the criticism made is a constructive and genuine one, since the person who raised the issue has not made any contributions anyway, so he's no right to air his opinion.

I lost interest in the cause because of such attitude. During my brief interactions with you and other members, all I could see about this cause was that it lacks sincerity of purpose.

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 6:03am On Jul 29, 2016
gensteejay:

[s]Ok. Let's just assume you are right that this initiative requires planning. The way you people are going about the planning, is that how to plan for something of this nature? Imagine the guy who opened the thread calling an issue related to IPOB a petty one. And during the debate on this issue, your own attitude, faaiz, showed you only cared about monetary contributions for the project, when you asked carelessly that how much have I contributed to this cause. Is this all about money?

You people think once someone raises any issue concerning the person of pacino, the individual must be interested in challenging his leadership. You think everyone is interested in petty power tussle. You don't care whether the criticism made is a constructive and genuine one, since the person who raised the issue has not made any contributions anyway, so he's no right to air his opinion.

I lost interest in the cause because of such attitude. During my brief interactions with you and other members, all I could see about this cause was that it lacks sincerity of purpose.[/s]
Thank you bro, we have different understanding of contributions.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by swagaholic: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2016
permanentgrace:

Abeg which plan mtn dey give 100mb? I need it pls.
Bros na start pack oo
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2016

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2016
Wake up... YouthsAwake...
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Graxie(f): 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hahahaha, naija I hail thee!!! Politicians will be laughing at Nigerian youths on this thread. Just imagine, trivial issues have been the focus. What will happen when moles will be planted within you guys? D secret to struggle is SELFLESSNESS and PASSION. Come what may, am determined to give my all. The determing factor should be, are you tired of suffering and smiling? If yes, join us. Wishing you guys the best!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Oby Ezekwesili's Withdrawal From Presidential Race / Elections: Atiku Slams N2bn Suit Against Buhari, Demands Apology / Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57