Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,018 members, 7,821,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Where Is God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God? (3966 Views)

Who Is God? / Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
01Mysticdon:

I read the summary, I will read the details. I believe Yahweh is not God. But don't you think a powerful force made the universe? That force could be God.

If a force has to create the universe because something can't exist without a creator

Then a force has to have created a force that created the universe

Law of infinite regress sets in

If that force can come to be on its own, then the world can exist on its own

1 Like

Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This is very wrong "ultimate freewill" would mean god doesn't interfere AT ALL

I agree he doesn't, do you?

How do you know it is very wrong or correct, Since you don't believe anything concerning God?

Yeah he doesn't interfere in our action.

I'm sure the bible has stories about your god commanding people to kill each other, kill non virgins and take virgins for pleasure, but that's not your God choosing it, is he?

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. (Numbers 31:12-18 KJV

Did he came from heaven and fought the war himself?
They israelites could still have not fought the war if they didn't want to.
Besides they don't do everything God asked them to do.
So it all boiled down to there free-will.

Not every human commits adultery
I didn't say that and I didn't imply it. Maybe you misunderstood me.

Or maybe he doesn't exist, that's why he can't intervene both in "sin" that pleases us and sins that don't?

So if policemen doesn't intervene in a robbery scene, that means policemen doesn't exist?

That makes more sense

Omniscient god that gives freewill? Hows that possible?

He gave you freewill but knows what you'll chose

Sounds stupid

How is God knowing what you will chose in future against free-will?
Is it not by your free-will that you are claiming God non-existence? Is he giving you daily slaps to worship him?

He is omni-science God, but we are made in his own image. He has free-will, is giving us one a crime?

But your god can command his believers to rape virgins, take people as slaves and maltreat them, he can command entire cities destroyed and burnt to the ground but coming down to order cultists to be shooting around seems impossible for that same god

Through Jesus christ, I know the real nature of God. God is love and that is what I believe.
Look Christianity broke away from judaism.
For you to paste that bible verse is
Re-annexing Judaism with Christianity.

And I'm a Christian oo..
Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
01Mysticdon:

Where is God?
Why didn't Yahweh they serve capture the cultists?

You are implying that once someone serves God, he/she will have to be protected by God all the time.

That means the person will live forever.
That is becoming immortalized and human beings are not immortal.
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
SenatePresdo:
Hey 01Mysticdon

God gave an ultimate free-will to we humans on earth.
If God intrudes in everything that happens in this world, what then is the essence of the Free-will?

We decide by ourselves when to do good and when to do bad. God doesn't decide that for us.

When we do evil that pleases us, we don't want God to intervene.
When we commit adultery that pleasures us, we don't want God to intervene.

But when evil comes against us, it is then that we would want God to prove that he is omni-present? Humans can't fool God.

God has given us free-will, and he allows us to do anything with it. We should live with the reality that anything that happens in this earth, be it bad or evil is our cause.

God didn't com down to Rivers state and ordered cultists to be shooting around.

So don't blame God, let the evil humans continue misusing the free-will given to them.
Will there be freewill in heaven?
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

If a force has to create the universe because something can't exist without a creator

The regress has to stop at some point. Don't you agree. There was actually a time/point before the 'beginning' right?
Re: Where Is God? by 01Mysticdon(m): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
SenatePresdo:

You are implying that once someone serves God, he/she will have to be protected by God all the time.

That means the person will live forever.
That is becoming immortalized and human beings are not immortal.
where is God?
Re: Where Is God? by 01Mysticdon(m): 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The same reason no amount of prayer would make a limb grow

Theists call every ambiguous pleasant occurrence "miracle"

Ever asked why only miracles that's not obvious or can be staged are what hear of?

You think no "faithful" human with one eye totally crushed hasn't prayed for god to stretch forth his hand and give him new eyes?

You think there's no "faithful" amputee that hasn't prayed fervently for god to restore his limb?

Religion seems to be a limitation
Re: Where Is God? by 01Mysticdon(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

hmm, I don't know what to say
Re: Where Is God? by honourhim: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
01Mysticdon:

hmm, I don't know what to say

I ve answered your OP as i told you i will do later. . Go check it up in the main page.
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
SenatePresdo:

How do you know it is very wrong or correct, Since you don't believe anything concerning God?

Yeah he doesn't interfere in our action.

Neither does spiderman or Superman or harry potter

Did he came from heaven and fought the war himself?
They israelites could still have not fought the war if they didn't want to.
Besides they don't do everything God asked them to do.
So it all boiled down to there free-will.

Wow! Christians and the logic they use to defend the atrocities of their god

In the military, you never go against the orders of your commander, you could be tried and executed for mutiny

Hell, a soldier who refuses to fight and runs away from battle would be killed if caught, these are human to human, no supernatural power is involved here

How much more so a god that is said to part the red sea, kill all first born son, strike people dead, flood the whole world

Let's assume the bible is true, if such a god commands you to kill non virgins and rape virgins, do you actually have a freewill? Any right thinking person would know that the freewill is just an illusion but I'm sure you see it differently

And about they not doing everything god told them to do, those who didn't were punished badly, so what's freewill?

Its like what we see in movies, there's a gun to your wife and children's head, you're told to do something you normally wouldn't have done, is there really freewill there?

Tell me what happened when moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it

So if policemen doesn't intervene in a robbery scene, that means policemen doesn't exist?

Policeman doesn't claim to be everywhere, your god did

How is God knowing what you will chose in future against free-will?
Is it not by your free-will that you are claiming God non-existence? Is he giving you daily slaps to worship him?
Freewill in the strictest sense of the word can never be compatible with omniscient god, that's clear enough

He is omni-science God, but we are made in his own image. He has free-will, is giving us one a crime?

There's no freewill if he's omniscient,

An all knowing god cannot give freewill deal with the truth

Through Jesus christ, I know the real nature of God. God is love and that is what I believe.
Look Christianity broke away from judaism.
For you to paste that bible verse is
Re-annexing Judaism with Christianity.

And I'm a Christian oo..

I don't know what this means
Re: Where Is God? by honourhim: 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This sounds quite stupld.
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The regress has to stop at some point. Don't you agree. There was actually a time/point before the 'beginning' right?

We don't know where the regress stopped

It could have stopped with the universe, meaning universe creating itself or it could have stopped earlier than the universe

But the logic of everything must have a creator isn't set in stone
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
honourhim:

This sounds quite stupld.

Talk to me please

Why do you say that?
Re: Where Is God? by honourhim: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Talk to me please

Why do you say that?

The starting point is God. Some refer to the starting point as a force or whatever they wish, for us, that starting point is God.
I disagree with you that if the force can stand on its own then the world can exist on its own.
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

We don't know where the regress stopped

It could have stopped with the universe, meaning universe creating itself or it could have stopped earlier than the universe

But the logic of everything must have a creator isn't set in stone
But you agree that there was a point where everything started. What makes you sure that there was no external force/intelligence at play before that point. Is the ''absence of evidence'' necessarily evidence of absence.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God? by Weah96: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
01Mysticdon:

I read the summary, I will read the details. I believe Yahweh is not God. But don't you think a powerful force made the universe? That force could be God.

You're free to call it whatever. The word God is not exclusive to levitating Jews and marauding Arabs. So it's not right for you to say that the force could be God. God is whatever you define it to be.
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
But you agree that there was a point where everything started. What makes you sure that there was no external force/intelligence at play before that point. Is the ''absence of evidence'' necessarily evidence of absence.

Not "necessarily" but usually

We are not sure of a lot of things but the logic here is what I'm talking about

If it has to start somewhere, just as much as I am not sire of any force having a hand in it, I am not sure of the universe coming about on its own

I'm a skeptic
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
honourhim:

The starting point is God.

And you know this, how? Because the Bible said so? Okay

Some refer to the starting point as a force or whatever they wish, for us, that starting point is God.

Good, you're giving "opinion" then, okay everyone is entitled to one

I disagree with you that if the force can stand on its own then the world can exist on its own.

You seem to misunderstand me

If nothing can come from nothing

And you say god came from nothing

That means something can come from nothing

Meaning the universe can come from nothing

I'm not writing this in stone, its just critical thinking
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Not "necessarily" but usually

We are not sure of a lot of things but the logic here is what I'm talking about

If it has to start somewhere, just as much as I am not sire of any force having a hand in it, I am not sure of the universe coming about on its own

I'm a skeptic

Do you apply the same approach when dealing with UFOs and Aliens?
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 11:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Do you apply the same approach when dealing with UFOs and Aliens?

I have never thought critically of UFO's and aliens probably because people don't try to force aliens down my throat
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 11:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I have never thought critically of UFO's and aliens probably because people don't try to force aliens down my throat
But the cirumstances are similar. What do you think?
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
But the cirumstances are similar. What do you think?

What's the question exactly?
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 12:10am On Jul 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

What's the question exactly?
Do aliens exist?
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 12:16am On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Do aliens exist?

I don't know
Re: Where Is God? by Ranchhoddas: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I don't know
Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 6:29am On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Will there be freewill in heaven?

Of course, there will be freewill in heaven.
Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2016
01Mysticdon:
where is God?
Until you exit this dimension, you will know where he really is.
Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 6:44am On Jul 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Neither does spiderman or Superman or harry potter

Wow! Christians and the logic they use to defend the atrocities of their god

In the military, you never go against the orders of your commander, you could be tried and executed for mutiny

Hell, a soldier who refuses to fight and runs away from battle would be killed if caught, these are human to human, no supernatural power is involved here

How much more so a god that is said to part the red sea, kill all first born son, strike people dead, flood the whole world

Let's assume the bible is true, if such a god commands you to kill non virgins and rape virgins, do you actually have a freewill? Any right thinking person would know that the freewill is just an illusion but I'm sure you see it differently

And about they not doing everything god told them to do, those who didn't were punished badly, so what's freewill?

Its like what we see in movies, there's a gun to your wife and children's head, you're told to do something you normally wouldn't have done, is there really freewill there?

Tell me what happened when moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it

Policeman doesn't claim to be everywhere, your god did

Freewill in the strictest sense of the word can never be compatible with omniscient god, that's clear enough

There's no freewill if he's omniscient,

An all knowing god cannot give freewill deal with the truth

I don't know what this means

OH! I can say You haven't read the new testament as to know what it means.
Try to read it, before trying to rubbish Christianity.
Most atheist doesn't even quote the new testament, knowing fully well that it is where Christianity originated.

This your atrocity argument should be against a JEW and not a true Christian, if you know what Christianity means.

Christianity started from new testament.
So anything you want to quote from the bible, quote it from new testament.

I'm not defending judaism because I'm not a Jew.
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2016
SenatePresdo:

OH! I can say You haven't read the new testament as to know what it means.
Try to read it, before trying to rubbish Christianity.
Most atheist doesn't even quote the new testament, knowing fully well that it is where Christianity originated.

This your atrocity argument should be against a JEW and not a true Christian, if you know what Christianity means.

Christianity started from new testament.
So anything you want to quote from the bible, quote it from new testament.

I'm not defending judaism because I'm not a Jew.

Hahahahahaha

Christians grin

I'm sure you would quote from old testament when its convenient

Since you're referring to new testament

Kindly provide correct answers to the questions in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3206720/easter-quiz-christians-test-knowledge
Re: Where Is God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:51am On Jul 09, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Of course, there will be freewill in heaven.

And you my good sir know this, how?
Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hahahahahaha

Christians grin

I'm sure you would quote from old testament when its convenient

Since you're referring to new testament

Kindly provide correct answers to the questions in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3206720/easter-quiz-christians-test-knowledge

The correct answer to all that questions is that they still ended up being the same.

If somebody claim you bought a book yesterday, and another person claim you bought it last millennium, what the both are still saying is that
you bought a book.
The both still ended up in one final destination. So It doesn't matter the route they used to com, what matters is;
Are they at the same final destination, if so. What else should we worry about.

Can you tell me the exact thing you and your friends did around 11:am on march 5th 2005? Without you guys contradicting yourself? But you guys might still end up that all of you were at school.

So I don't see any need for alarm because the apostles gave the account from different angles.
At least, they still ended up on the same conclusion.
Re: Where Is God? by SenatePresdo(m): 7:20am On Jul 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

And you my good sir know this, how?

Because they have been freewill in heaven, and that was why some angels came down to sleep with the daughters of men.
If there is no free will in heaven, they couldn't have came to earth.

If there is no free will in heaven, Devil wouldn't have challenged God.

That's it..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘I Belong To Ogboni Confraternity And CAN’ – Lagos Pastor Confesses / It Is Time For The Lord's Evening Meal... Should I Partake Or Not / Meet Latascha Emanuel Who ‘preaches’ With Her Breasts Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.