Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts (798 Views)

In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Abuzola(m): 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2009
London (ENI). London Mayor Boris Johnson has called on the city's millions of residents to join Muslims in fasting for at least a day during the Islamic observance of Ramadan to better understand Islam.

http://www.eni.ch/news/item.php?id=3351
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
why is it important to better understand Islam and is this the BNP mayor?
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Abuzola(m): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
So that you will know that Islam is not just what your pastor inform you about.

Many of you believe that muslim fasting is not fasting but a skip of lunch, so why not experience it and see
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
Abuzola:

So that you will know that Islam is not just what your pastor inform you about.

Many of you believe that muslim fasting is not fasting but a skip of lunch, so why not experience it and see

who are the people you're referring to?

Did I say the bolded? And why do you assume other religions dont know what fasting is?

How many pastors spend their time talking about Islam? Maybe oyibo pastors- in Nigeria people learn about Islam through their interactions with Muslims.
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Abuzola(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
Even in Nigeria my sister, are you in 9ja ? They tarnish Islam but they do it discreet i.e without using the microphone else gobé go shélé for that scene
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Even in Nigeria my sister, are you in 9ja ? They tarnish Islam but they do it discreet i.e without using the microphone else gobé go shélé for that scene

so how many churches did you attend and heard the pastors preaching on Islam?

I'd have thought the main tarnishing came from Muslims themselves with incidents like Boko Harem.
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Abuzola(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
I have christian colleague and i hear the gossip from them.

Boko haram are jobless entity like the creek boys of Niger Delta, they believe democracy have nothing good to tell, corrupt leaders are in power, renovate a house is 600 milion in the national assembly, 100,000 is chicken change to those in power, no job , nothing and the boko people begin their campaign, not knowing that Islamic protest is the greatest threat to any authority and they were devastated to the alter.
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
Abuzola:

I have christian colleague and i hear the gossip from them.

Boko haram are jobless entity like the creek boys of Niger Delta, they believe democracy have nothing good to tell, corrupt leaders are in power, renovate a house is 600 milion in the national assembly, 100,000 is chicken change to those in power, no job , nothing and the boko people begin their campaign, not knowing that Islamic protest is the greatest threat to any authority and they were devastated to the alter.

The only church I'm aware of which openly connects with Islam, is the Catholic church. And they have Rev Fathers, not Pastors.

So are your friends Catholic?
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Abuzola(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Is RCCG catholic ?

C'mon, christian mind is the same thing, whether catholic or jehoval witness or methodist. To cut the crab short, all the christian denomination teaches enmity on Islam mostly in the west
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Is RCCG catholic ?

C'mon, christian mind is the same thing, whether catholic or jehoval witness or methodist.  To cut the crab short, all the christian denomination teaches enmity on Islam mostly in the west

and once again, thats a lie.

If it was an RCCG pastor discussing Islam (very unlikely, imo), then try to find out what exactly was being discussed, because most pastors have plenty other topics to cover and dont make it a habit to discuss Islam during services. There are only so many hours in the day.

However, you may be right if the church is located in one of the Boko Harem areas where many people recently lost their lives due to Islamist fanatics.
Re: London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts by reindeer: 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
The guy is only after their health, with the wieght problem around nowadays i think there should even be a national month of fasting annually.

(1) (Reply)

Drop your Prayers Here, / In Praise Of God- From The "psalms Of Islam" / Islams View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.