Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat (55968 Views)

My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today / Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by sirusX(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
djgreenland:
Tell....

1st post on NL....

1st to comment.....

Nah...that's incomplete. Rather, you should have added

1st post on NL....

1st to comment....

On a snake thread....

Lala...do the needful and take it to the promise land
cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by ChinonsoDike2: 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
While other parts of the world are trying to save and conserve their wildlife. Africans, lacking the mental capacity to introspect, kill theirs with impugnity. Continent of unintelligent subhumans .

1 Like

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by sirusX(m): 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
i dread snakes. Op well done, so i should break my neck where in a bid to view your pics. right?

1 Like

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by ahamonyeka(m): 12:18am On Jul 10, 2016
mazimee:
The only thing that can stop this snake from getting to the promise land is not in existence. Even the devil knows that he can't stop this snake from getting to the promise land. Lala will fight him with last drop of his blood and still serve him to his pets. grin
Abeg na joke ooo

Lala and the love for snakes remainth till thy kingdom
Front page and snakes
honestly I always wonder why killing of snakes is always making front page o.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by BlueMagic2(m): 12:36am On Jul 10, 2016
WTF. Are Nigerians this hungry that they eat whatever they see/catch. From snakes to Dolphins, whales etc. Soon y'all will start eating yourselves if you haven't already
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Obi88(m): 12:43am On Jul 10, 2016
I think it's a travesty of intellectual judgement for any reasonable human being to say that killing of snake(s ) is bad. snakes regardless of species are very dangerous to humans. they're not meant to dwell among human beings. I really hope that those speaking against it's killing will soon experience what it looks like having a snake a room. heaven will never be kind to you if you attempt chasing it out or killing it since they're beautiful creatures! I wonder when snakes' lives became more sacred than human lives. God forbid I see a snake and let it live. it might not hurt me but might end up harming my brother or sister.

1 Like

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by idupaul: 12:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Puffer adders are vipers..with the tank of venom stored in its head and part of the neck I doubt if this is safe to eat ..if Ur kidney fails before the end of the year don't be suprised oo
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by sweetgala(m): 12:46am On Jul 10, 2016
kekakuz:

as in end
I saw one just outside by my window. I just saw something very beautiful reflecting the sun. I stood there 1 minute wondering what it was before I saw it move. I did not even try to kill it because of its cuteness . hoping to see it again. but not this night sha.

snakes are very beautiful especially these vipers. if we can look beyond its venom and appreciate it's aesthetic value

A puffy never bite you before, If you don't die the major muscular damage would remind you of your ordeal for a lifetime. That's if you don't loose a limb
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Obi88(m): 12:50am On Jul 10, 2016
kekakuz:

as in end
I saw one just outside by my window. I just saw something very beautiful reflecting the sun. I stood there 1 minute wondering what it was before I saw it move. I did not even try to kill it because of its cuteness . hoping to see it again. but not this night sha.

snakes are very beautiful especially these vipers. if we can look beyond its venom and appreciate it's aesthetic value
you want to look beyond the venom and appreciate it's aesthetics value? are you for real?
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Horluwahdammy(f): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2016
Ur uncle get mind oo
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by DedeNkem: 2:10am On Jul 10, 2016
Why kill it? You were not starving, you id*iots!

Nigerians kill every animal they set their st*upid eyes on! Due to this illiterate and uncivilized behavior, it's extremely hard to see animals in the wild in Nigeria. They're depleted!

1 Like

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by kwajahafiz(m): 2:46am On Jul 10, 2016
DavSagacity:
That's a Rattle snake.
Mumu.....lol
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Thoughty2(m): 4:11am On Jul 10, 2016
Teempakguy:
didn't harm anybody . . . swallowed a big rat . . . mosaic markings, girth . . .

I say python.

Pls that's not a python o. See that diamond like brownish pattern on its body. That's a viper and it hasn't harmed anyone because it wasn't accidentally threatened
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Thoughty2(m): 4:27am On Jul 10, 2016
DedeNkem:
Why kill it? You were not starving, you id*iots!

Nigerians kill every animal they set their st*upid eyes on! Due to this illiterate and uncivilized behavior, it's extremely hard to see animals in the wild in Nigeria. They're depleted!

They better kill the snake now. So it won't kill someone later or reproduce to have its offsprings kill someone. According to Wikipedia there are about 5.4 million snake bites worldwide annually of which 125,000 people die because they were not lucky enough to find an antivenom. So in most cases it's who kills the other first (the snake or the man)- I'm sure you don't want to be killed first.

1 Like

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Ogbulaba(m): 6:13am On Jul 10, 2016
ChinonsoDike2:
While other parts of the world are trying to save and conserve their wildlife. Africans, lacking the mental capacity to introspect, kill theirs with impugnity. Continent of unintelligent subhumans .
most countries with endangered animal species are not African countries...... my 2cents
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by TLAX: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2016
Really.....they plan to eat this snake?
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Deilluminator(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2016
Everything is snacks on Nairaland
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by RELEASEUS: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Asokoro2:
You should ask before cutting off the head.
We kill every creeping things in Nigeria, even the non venomous snakes.

Hunger is much more in the head than what you feel in your stomach.
Poverty mentality--kill and eat, eat, and eat!
It's time we stop this trend of condemning killing of snakes. It's natural and biblical that man and snakes are eternal enemies. You see a snake under your bed, your first reaction is what? Be honest. To kill it or pet it to come out and take it to where? It's not poverty mentality please. If I kill a snake I ll burn it and dispose it, for those who eat the meat, it's only logical that food don come for free. what u watch on discovery channel or animal planet are professionals studying, otherwise an oyibo man see snake in his house, he ll make attempt to kill it, trust me, if he can't do it he ll call the animal service ppl to come take it out.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by xcuggsm(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2016
WhoBeThisMan:

Lalasticlala see snake

I knew it!!! But seriously now, does lala have a covenant with snakes? I no call anybody name ooo
Confirmed:
LALASTICLALA HAS A CONVENANT WITH SNAKES!!

The story goes like this:.

"'Lalasticlala's great grandfather Chief Lalaca was the first person in Nigeria to swallow a fully grown Cobra snake and survived. Since then all his descendants cannot survive for more than two weeks without eating snake meat.

And all wives married into the family must undergo snake pepper soup making initiation ritual before she is allowed to consummate the marriage with he husband, failings which she will be stuck together with her husband if they try to make love.

The only remedy will be for another elder in the family to repeat the historic feat of swallowing a live Cobra snake"

Culled from: 'The Book of Lalas" Chapt. 4 vs 5 - 17

1 Like

Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by IndianBwoy(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2016
uwagimboo:

Are u a christian
If u re one you would know that there is a curse btw Man nd snake.

I don't eat snake nd can never eat one but I must say, if YOU grew up in Lala's community where it's a delicacy, you will shut nd enjoy the meal in snake.

christian itself is a curse. worse than snake.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by oppybouy(m): 10:27am On Jul 10, 2016
ddaammyy:
l lolxxx

Heeeyy. Hii
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by Kizyte(m): 10:32am On Jul 10, 2016
greatness22:
Some snake right activist will soon land with their usual sermon;

1. Why did you kill it, don't you knw she's contesting for miss snakeland? -segun080

2. Africans are way behind, too much hunger in the land- Umaru070

3. Why kill a poor creature, why can't you take it to the zoo- Chinedu090

One big mumu is saying they shouldn't have killed it, that they should take it to the police station.... I have always been brutal to snakes since the time i loss my friend to that beast. Just some few snakes escape my fury with various degres of injury. Snake is not friendly....

Kill a snake before it kills you.
Not edible either cos until death, it remains venomous
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by ogashman(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2016
I hate snakes....I jus hope I ve not eaten snake meat unknowingly
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by ddaammyy(f): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
Elo
oppybouy:

Heeeyy. Hii
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by oppybouy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
ddaammyy:
Elo

Loool. Am 'lo'ing it already. I sent you a pm, try and reply when you are free.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by deji47: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
djgreenland:
This what was killed today in my Uncle's uncompleted building today while clearing it.... Thank God it didn't harm anybody. It swallowed a big bushrat....

I was expecting to see pictures of the Bush Rat. Post it pls, even if d rat don't de on top fire too.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by djgreenland(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

christian itself is a curse. worse than snake.
I don't want to believe you are okay.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by djgreenland(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
deji47:

I was expecting to see pictures of the Bush Rat. Post it pls, even if d rat don't de on top fire too.
The rat was disposed.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by wunmi590(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
basingstoke:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nah so now my brother grin
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by deji47: 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
djgreenland:
The rat was disposed.
OK.
Re: Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat by basingstoke: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
wunmi590:

Nah so now my brother grin
jhappy sunday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound / Man Who Just Returned From Europe After 15 Years Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) / Python Killed In A Church This Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.