Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

What F.G, Nigerians, Media Should Learn From The Recent Shooting In U.S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What F.G, Nigerians, Media Should Learn From The Recent Shooting In U.S (440 Views)

Buhari Reacts To Shooting In Ozubulu Catholic Church In Anambra / Attahiru Bafarawa Gives N30million Traders Over The Recent Fire Incident / Shooting In Maiduguri Government House As Soldiers & Police Clash Over Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What F.G, Nigerians, Media Should Learn From The Recent Shooting In U.S by onismate: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2016
I am not writing this to incite violence neither do I want Abuse the current Government of Nigeria. But with what is going on in U.S and how the Government of America is handling the issues, it leaves to show that we are far behind in Nigeria. We have so many things to learn from Government wise, politically, socially, technologically, security and other positive things.
Here are some few things I learnt about the situation in U.S and how they are handling it.
If it were to be in Nigeria here the situation happened, the PDP would have started blaming the APC government. The APC themselves would apportion blame to the previous administration. And the media war of blames would begin. But look at the U.S, I never saw the Republicans and Democrats blaming each other but rather, the political class are more united to bring this situation to final solution. Americans are more united now.
President Obama of U.S had brought out statements twice, first condemning the killing of the two innocent blacks in an inappropriate way. And the second statement, killing of the police officers. He wasn’t racial in all his statements. He maintained that the judicial system of America would investigate the killing of the two unarmed blacks and the police officers. All these statements were made within two days. He came to calm down the tension. But here in Nigeria my country, President Buhari will not say anything. He would rather remain silent. I could remember the case of Agatu community in Benue state where Fulani herds men almost wiped off the entire community, no statements from the F.G was released. It took human rights organizations, Nigerians and media to heat it so angrily before the Government brought up an investigation panel. Even the one of Enugu. What about IPOB!
President Obama wasn’t the only one speaking. The Attorney general spoke. Dallas mayor spoke. So many political heavy weights in America are speaking, condemning the attacks. None of them are being racial or inciting violence even when they knew the election was around the corner, it’s an opportunity for candidates to score cheap points. But yet, American politicians are resolute on their believe and love for the country. They never criticized each other. Unlike a certain Governor, Shettima of Borno state who openly criticized Former President Jonathan when he was in power. He blasted him on CNN over the kidnap of Chibok girls. This is a Governor that the girls were kidnapped in his own state oo.
Another thing I learnt from this American incident was the detailed information the security and other proper agencies gave. We were told that five cops died and about 17 injured and receiving treatments. But here in Nigeria, all the security agencies will give us contradicting reports of the number of deaths and wounded. The police may say 30 died and 100 wounded. DSS will come with their own, 14 died and 7 injured. Then Army will still bring their own before the Nigerian media will finally conclude it with the highest confusion.
I also learnt that the shooter of the cops was clamped down with a robotic ammunition. The security agencies didn’t send their men to go hunt him. Trust America nah. They have all the weapons and ammunitions. They only sent a robot with an ammunition to strike the shooter right there. Wetin Nigeria get! We don’t even manufacture ammunitions that solves our problems. Other countries are advancing, while we create parts of Armored tanks and we will celebrate it on TV. After that, do they even use them? That is to tell you that in America you don’t commit a crime and easily get away with it. But here in Nigeria, everything is just so easy. In Nigeria, perpetrators of crime is difficult to catch. It will take our security agencies ages to catch innocent citizens claiming they are perpetrators of the crime. But look at the U.S, they caught him, they even got his photos and data. But in Nigeria, security agencies will only manage to give us names (only God knows if they are the real perpetrators), no photo graphs or I.Ds of the people.
The Nigerian media is another problem on their own. Poor journalism, lack of investigation. I watched as American media transmitted, followed up this situation back to back. But in Nigerian cases, the twitter warriors and Facebook vocal lords would have flooded the air space with lies, propaganda, bullying and vocal violence that can incite violence physically. The Nigerian media would only make the situation political and partisan.
With all these things, I thing we have lots of things to work on in our dear country Nigeria. We need unity, peace and loyalty to our dear nation.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1167-the-recent-shooting-of-blacks-and-cops-in-u-s-what-nigerians-and-political-class-should-learn

2 Likes

Re: What F.G, Nigerians, Media Should Learn From The Recent Shooting In U.S by K9blunt(f): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
*typing*
Re: What F.G, Nigerians, Media Should Learn From The Recent Shooting In U.S by peterd53(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Pls Go to www.FaceOfCampus.com

Start voting for fadesewa for most campus fotogenic.... Ur vote is needed and pleaded for

One person can vote once every hour (i.e 24 times in 24hours)... Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What S/west APC Said To Dino Melaye Over Attack On Remi Tinubu / Ondo PDP Primary Hijacked / Change Pot(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.