Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal (919 Views)

[get]avast Secureline Vpn(2 Years Licence For Free) / Antivirus Giant Avast Is Acquiring Rival AVG For $1.3b / Avg Internet Security 2016- 3 Pcs I 2 Years Validity I License Key For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal by joey150(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2016
If you are one of those people who opt to use a free antivirus software, chances are that you are using either AVG or Avast. They are both very good antivirus and system defence, though they both have eyes on very differnt target markets.

Avast have made a $1.3 billion offer to buy AVG in an all cash deal, facilitated by cash on hand and debt finanacing. AVG have indicated that they are willing to accept the offer and are happy about the deal. And see it as a great move for the company and shareholders alike.
AVG will also receive an offer of $25 per share, which makes up 30% premium over current trading rates.

Avast plans no major restructuring of the company(AVG) for now, but sees great potential in using AVG'S over 400 million existing clients of which 160 million are using the mobile version.

The deal itself is expected to be concluded anytime between September 15 and October 15. With the final date normally depending on regulatory approval.

Source: http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/avast-set-to-buy-avg-in-13-billion-deal_9.html?m=1

Cc. Lalasticlala
Skydancer

Re: Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal by GogetterMD(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2016
Sad news.
Re: Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal by joey150(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2016
GogetterMD:
Sad news.
sad how?

Buy off your competitors..thats how to dominate now
Re: Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal by Kinstein: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Windows defender all the way for me
Re: Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2016
Kinstein:
Windows defender all the way for me

You too like free tinz. Windows 10(free upgrade) + Windows defender(free built in feature)!!!!
Re: Avast Set To Buy AVG In A $1.3 Billion Deal by GogetterMD(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
joey150:
sad how?

Buy off your competitors..thats how to dominate now
AVG is an excellent Antivirus, esp the background fileshield

(1) (Reply)

Ms Word And Excel 2007 / 3 Amazing Things You Can Probably Do On Android Phone/device / Adobe Photoshop CS5 Complete Video Tutorials!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.