Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People (5528 Views)

Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns / How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) / Ijaw People Must Produce Avengers, tompolo - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
proudly Ijaw ........we rock
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by HopeAtHand: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
dimieprincess:

First of all, Ijaws are more than 10m people; the article says more than 10m.
Secondly, you don't know who is Ijaw or where they are found so u better keep shut.
For your information, 40% of the indigenous people of Rivers are Ijaw people

The most populous Ijaw state is Bayelsa, followed by Ijaw in Rivers and then Delta. Bayelsa of today isnt more than 3million, Ijaws of Rivers is about 2.5 million and that make it roughly 5.5milliin.. i am now left to assume the remaining 4.5million are in Delta state, Ondo, Edo and Akwa Ibom..
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by HopeAtHand: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
ovadozes:

Ikwerre wanna be u don come again, leave Ijaw thread for Ijaw naa...

Since when is a honest question now a crime??

Dearpreye, pls, do you believe Ijaws are more than 10M and pls help me with the population distribution.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by temitayomie: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Op, how is Ijaw 10million, pls kindly breakdown the distribution of figures.

Ijaw population is at least between 12-14 million.

Fact!
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by HopeAtHand: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
temitayomie:

Ijaw population is at least between 12-14 million.

Fact!

Produce your facts.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Legitbaba(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
Great Ijaw nation! ...Ijaw imposters....come and read oh..so u guys will have some more ideas of how the Ijaw people truly are oh...to perfect ur job

(listening to Barrister s. Smooth) Freedom...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by dimieprincess(f): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
HopeAtHand:

The most populous Ijaw state is Bayelsa, followed by Ijaw in Rivers and then Delta. Bayelsa of today isnt more than 3million, Ijaws of Rivers is about 2.5 million and that make it roughly 5.5milliin.. i am now left to assume the remaining 4.5million are in Delta state, Ondo, Edo and Akwa Ibom..
So u think Ijaws in Delta is less than the 25% of Delta population?
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by HopeAtHand: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
dimieprincess:

So u think Ijaws in Delta is less than the 25% of Delta population?

What do you think is the population of Urhobos and Igbos in Delta before you add Isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaw.

Ijaw people always love to exaggerate their population.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by dimieprincess(f): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
HopeAtHand:

What do you think is the population of Urhobos and Igbos in Delta before you add Isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaw.

Ijaw people always love to exaggerate their population.
U know nothing about Delta State. Urhobo (Isoko inclusive) has 40%, Delta Igbo has 30%, Ijaw 25% and Itsekiri 5%.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Chinachriss(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ijaws are not up to ten million. Get your facts straight.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Chinachriss(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ijaws are not up to ten million. Get your fact straight.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by HopeAtHand: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
dimieprincess:

U know nothing about Delta State. Urhobo (Isoko inclusive) has 40%, Delta Igbo has 30%, Ijaw 25% and Itsekiri 5%.

So how many million Ijaws are in Delta state... cheesy cheesy
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by BlackSeptember: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
dimieprincess:

U r looking for Igbos head now o, eh hmmmm. Pls don't say I witnessed it o
show me your pix lets see how flat nosed you look. You can't measure up to an average Igbo girl
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by seunny4lif(m): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
grin grin grin
See people bring out figure from thier anus grin grin grin grin grin
Ijaw 40 M
Ijaw 20 M becos Jona don be president abi grin grin
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by dimieprincess(f): 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
BlackSeptember:
show me your pix lets see how flat nosed you look. You can't measure up to an average Igbo girl
Sorry o, but I have apologised for my use of that word na. Pls I am not ready to pick a quarrel with u on my thread so e jo, e ma bi nu
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Reminez(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Everyone just throw figures around these days ..I barely knew of the Ijaws untill Oga Jonah brought them to the limelight .
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Ababadada: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
The People of Ijaw have contributed a lot for the Nigeria state, but what they got from her was injustice . Adoka Boro shot from back because of oil, Kensaro wiwa was murdered in broad daylight because of oil .
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by adonis89(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
I rep ogbia.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by aprilwise(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
proudly ijaw from Gbaramatu.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by mrvitalis(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
dimieprincess:

First of all, Ijaws are more than 10m people; the article says more than 10m.
Secondly, you don't know who is Ijaw or where they are found so u better keep shut.
For your information, 40% of the indigenous people of Rivers are Ijaw people
Ijaws are not upto 5 Million.. .
Max 2 million in Rivers
2 million in Bayelsa
1 Million in delta and akwa ibom. .. and that's it
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Rival(m): 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lol
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by goldust777: 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
D only thing that comes to my head when i hear ijaw is murderers.oneday you will taste murder evil people angry

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by dimieprincess(f): 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
goldust777:
D only thing that comes to my head when i hear ijaw is murderers.oneday you will taste murder evil people angry
U must be an Itsekiri or Iladje man? lolz, I understand yo pains and agonies.
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by dimieprincess(f): 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

Ijaws are not upto 5 Million.. .
Max 2 million in Rivers
2 million in Bayelsa
1 Million in delta and akwa ibom. .. and that's it
guy u funny o, so Bayelsa population is just 2m? lol, and where did u put the minority Ijaws in Ovia South West with two clans and Ovia North East of Edo State? Where did u put the Apoi (Saharareporter owner is an Ijaw man from Apoi in Ondo State), Arogbo and Ikparanma people of Ondo state?
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by dimieprincess(f): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
Reminez:
Everyone just throw around figures these days ..I barely knew of the Ijaws untill Oga Jonah brought them to the limelight .
Meaning u r a baby right? If no, where were you when Abacha was forced by the Ijaws in Delta to return the Warri South West LGA to Ogbe-ijoh in 1997 ? Where were you when Alamco was agitating for resource control? where were you when Obasonjo, Yara'Dua all gave about 4 ministerial appointments to the Ijaws in their regimes prior to Jonathan's government? Guy respect yourself
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by Reminez(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
dimieprincess:
Meaning u r a baby right? If no, where were you when Abacha was forced by the Ijaws in Delta to return the Warri South West LGA to Ogbe-ijoh in 1997 ? Where were you when Alamco was agitating for resource control? where were you when Obasonjo, Yara'Dua all gave about 4 ministerial appointments to the Ijaws in their regimes prior to Jonathan's government? Guy respect yourself
I'm a neonate ni . yeyenatu !!
Is it my fault that you couldn't comprehend what I put up there I said 'BARELY' ..
Re: Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People by bolanto24(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
God bless the Izon nation. Proudly Ijaw boy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Leaders Recognizes Nnamdi Kanu; Shows Biafra Is Near – IPOB / What Killed This Man? Photo / Subsidy: NNPC May Deduct Over ₦1 Trilion From FAAC In Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.