Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me (1619 Views)

Interpretations Of The Bible. Bible Scholars Let's Talk. / I Find This Topic 'blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit' So Challenging.Bible Scholars / Bible Scholars Lets Discuss Eternal Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by channelz: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
Let's put the Cain and wife riddle aside for now.

Who can explain this:

Only animals were not expelled from Paradise

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
channelz:

Who can explain this:

Animals were not expelled because they do not have the ability to choose right from wrong as man did. Animals just existed to fulfil mans purpose while man existed to fulfil God's purpose.

Animals just live and cannot reason around their actions if they be right or wrong and when they even do its still man that teaches them through training what is right what is wrong but to the animal it still does not see it as right or wrong even when taught as it simply obeys because its owner is happy and knows that it it disobeys the owner will not be happy.

This is why even when a man teaches a dog what is right and wrong for it to do the same dog cannot teach other dogs the same thing since as far as they are concerned they aim to please and not to obey.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by psucc(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
^^^^OP are thirty-fived?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by channelz: 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Animals were not expelled because they do not have the ability to choose right from wrong as man did. Animals just existed to fulfil mans purpose while man existed to fulfil God's purpose.

Animals just live and cannot reason around their actions if they be right or wrong and when they even do its still man that teaches them through training what is right what is wrong but to the animal it still does not see it as right or wrong even when taught as it simply obeys because its owner is happy and knows that it it disobeys the owner will not be happy.

This is why even when a man teaches a dog what is right and wrong for it to do the same dog cannot teach other dogs the same thing since as far as they are concerned they aim to please and not to obey.
Appreciated.

But I meant, if man was expelled from Paradise or Garden of Eden, why do we have animals around us?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by channelz: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
psucc:
^^^^OP are thirty-fived?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
channelz:
Appreciated.

But I meant, if man was expelled from Paradise or Garden of Eden, why do we have animals around us?

lol
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
channelz:
Appreciated.

The garden of Eden as you know it isnt an isolated place. Remember that before Man disobeyed God said man should subdue THE EARTH and replenish it so this speaks of not the garden alone but the earth in general. Plus animals were not restricted from roaming much as they do today.

The garden of Eden talks about a paradise derived from righteousness and not a physical place. Same way we have the second Adam in Christ so shall we experience Heaven if we live and die in Him (Another Eden)
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

The garden of Eden as you know it isnt an isolated place. Remember that before Man disobeyed God said man should subdue THE EARTH and replenish it so this speaks of not the garden alone but the earth in general. Plus animals were not restricted from roaming much as they do today.

The garden of Eden talks about a paradise derived from righteousness and not a physical place. Same way we have the second Adam in Christ so shall we experience Heaven if we live and die in Him (Another Eden)

So the garden is not real?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by channelz: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

I get your point kind of.

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

This verse got me wondering. I guess some animals were already roaming outside the Garden of Eden before the expulsion or simply put: Garden of Eden wasn't physically present on earth. Right?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by solepager(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Jw?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
dialfa:

So the garden is not real?

The garden is real and was used as a type of Heaven. The whole idea of redemption is to take man back to Gods original plan and place.

If you ask me for its location then I will point you to Noahs Flood as we have it told that the whole earth was flooded so this means the garden in itself was also most probably washed away.

Our concern today as believers is no longer in the garden but in heaven because if I believe man sinned and fell short of the glory of God and can see evidence of that through thd often barbaric and genocidal nature in man then this garden must have also existed.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
channelz:

I get your point kind of.

Genesis 3:24[b] So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.[/b]

This verse got me wondering. I guess some animals were already roaming outside the Garden of Eden before the expulsion or simply put: Garden of Eden wasn't physically present on earth. Right?

It was present on earth otherwise where would God have put man whom he formed from the dust of the ground?

The best way to prove this is to check the logic and purposd behind the creation of this garden and run this side by side with the fall and redemption plab of God and you will see the answer to your question.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by malvisguy212: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
channelz:

Who can explain this:

This is the same
reason infants cannot be held responsible for
their wrongdoings.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
@op, see xtian confusion.

garden is real when it suits them. it is not a physical place when it doesn't suit them.

op the truth is that god was god of confusion and his followers are showing the trait. he is a god of lies which was why he told his naked servants that look like mad people that they are perfect. Which kind of person will see a naked and his wife roaming about and instead of clothing them keeps telling them they are perfect? isn't that being a pervert?

Satan saw this evil and intervened and told them. He also gave them the wisdom to make their own clothes and cover themselves.

So to answer your question, there was no such thing as a garden of eden as yahweh would like us to believe. Just two lonely couple wandering about like mumu in the middle east until Satan saved them. All other rantings are sour grapes by an angry and shameless god.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
dialfa:
@op, see xtian confusion.

garden is real when it suits them. it is not a physical place when it doesn't suit them.

op the truth is that god was god of confusion and his followers are showing the trait. he is a god of lies which was why he told his naked servants that look like mad people that they are perfect. Which kind of person will see a naked and his wife roaming about and instead of clothing them keeps telling them they are perfect? isn't that being a pervert?

Satan saw this evil and intervened and told them. He also gave them the wisdom to make their own clothes and cover themselves.

So to answer your question, there was no such thing as a garden of eden as yahweh would like us to believe. Just two lonely couple wandering about like mumu in the middle east until Satan saved them. All other rantings are sour grapes by an angry and shameless god.

First of all its known as CHRISTIAN and not XTIAN.

Second of all I do not know where you got thd delusion that Christians are confused on the existence of Eden or lack of it.

Thirdly when you were born, how did you come out? With clothes? When you were born in the innocence of birth did you come out from your mama and then try to cover up your genitals because you felt embarrassed?

Even in real life someone had to open your eyes to the fact that being naked today is wrong but without that info you would see nothing wrong with it.

If you are an Atheist you just helped me to prove the reality of the origin of morality but if you are not and a satanist then instead of Arguing or trying to disprove something as mundane as Eden why not try disproving Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

First of all its known as CHRISTIAN and not XTIAN.

Second of all I do not know where you got thd delusion that Christians are confused on the existence of Eden or lack of it.

Thirdly when you were born, how did you come out? With clothes? When you were born in the innocence of birth did you come out from your mama and then try to cover up your genitals because you felt embarrassed?

Even in real life someone had to open your eyes to the fact that being naked today is wrong but without that info you would see nothing wrong with it.

If you are an Atheist you just helped me to prove the reality of the origin of morality but if you are not and a satanist then instead of Arguing or trying to disprove something as mundane as Eden why not try disproving Jesus.

See the bolded. Why did yahweh not do it? why punish and rant and get angry when Satan did the right thing?

Why would I disprove the nazarene? His useless life and criminal death are enough proof to any wise person that he's not to be followed.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
dialfa:

See the bolded. Why did yahweh not do it? why punish and rant and get angry when Satan did the right thing?

Why would I disprove the nazarene? His useless life and criminal death are enough proof to any wise person that he's not to be followed.

Calling you moronic would be an insult to the word. Obviously you did not understand my last post.

Also note that man did not make his own clothes . The bible says God sewed animal skin together and covered them up...Genesis 4: 21.

Satan did not cover them up GOD DID!

its obvious you are a satanist so listening or taking anything you say seriously is akin to stupidity.

Enjoy your luciferian life.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Calling you moronic would be an insult to the word. Obviously you did not understand my last post.

Also note that man did not make his own clothes . The bible says God sewed animal skin together and covered them up...Genesis 4: 21.

Satan did not cover them up GOD DID!

its obvious you are a satanist so listening or taking anything you say seriously is akin to stupidity.

Enjoy your luciferian life.

Genesis 4:21?

You mean 3:21 where yahweh was running helter skelter trying to cover up his evil machinations. This is how xtians deceive the gullible. Before yahweh came with his animal skins, Satan has already shown Adam and Eve how to sow their own clothes themselves. So @ the bolded YOU LIED! Read a few verses previous:

Genesis 3:6

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

The difference is that even though they have become wise and skilled in cloth making, yahweh still want them to remain lazy by sowing their clothes for them so he could claim he clothed them. That is the charity of a dictator.

A good person teaches you how to do things yourself instead of giving to you and keeping you in perpetual servitude.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
dialfa:

Genesis 4:21?

You mean 3:21 where yahweh was running helter skelter trying to cover up his evil machinations. This is how xtians deceive the gullible. Before yahweh came with his animal skins, Satan has already shown Adam and Eve how to sow their own clothes themselves. So @ the bolded YOU LIED! Read a few verses previous:

Genesis 3:6

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

The difference is that even though they have become wise and skilled in cloth making, yahweh still want them to remain lazy by sowing their clothes for them so he could claim he clothed them. That is the charity of a dictator.

A good person teaches you how to do things yourself instead of giving to you and keeping you in perpetual servitude.

Smh. Everyday something new pops up to challenge and ridicule a God whom they call useless and crazy. I wonder why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Smh. Everyday something new pops up to challenge and ridicule a God whom they call useless and crazy. I wonder why?

What is new?
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by promise10: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
dialfa:

What is new?
You said new?
Mehn, atheism and foolishness has been before now.
So, it is an abuse on human intelligence to ask such a question you asked.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
promise10:

You said new?

He is a Satanist not an Atheist.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 7:58am On Jul 10, 2016
promise10:

You said new?

lol @ xtian intelligence
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by dialfa: 7:59am On Jul 10, 2016
4evergod2:

He is a Satanist not an Atheist.

Satan is good. Always.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2016
4evergod2:

A paradise? - you guys will never cease to amaze person. Base on what the bible says, the garden is not an isolated place neither is it a paradise - it's a physical place

Think on this passage and be wise: Gn 4:24; So he drove out the man: and he placed at the east of the garden of eden cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way of the tree of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2016
BeastAmbition:

A paradise? - you guys will never cease to amaze person. Base on what the bible says, the garden is not an isolated place neither is it a paradise - it's a physical place

Think on this passage and be wise: Gn 4:24; So he drove out the man: and he placed at the east of the garden of eden cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way of the tree of life.

I doubt you know what the word isolated means.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2016
4evergod2:

I doubt you know what the word isolated means.

I stick to my earlier words: the garden of eden is not an isolated place neither is it a paradise - I dare you to prove me wrong

My definition of it may be different from yours though, why not help me out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2016
BeastAmbition:

I stick to my earlier words: the garden of eden is not an isolated place neither is it a paradise - I dare you to prove me wrong

My definition of it may be different from yours though, why not help me out

I have no time for you. Why not ask the yourself since you do not believe in God in the first place.
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 10, 2016
4evergod2:

I have no time for you. Why not ask the yourself since you do not believe in God in the first place.

If you've the guts come and take this challenge - you or any pastor, bishop, reverend etc, and all the christians on this forum,
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by 4evergod2: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2016
BeastAmbition:

If you've the guts come and take this challenge - you or any pastor, bishop, reverend etc, and all the christians on this forum,

You want me to convince you about what you cannot see right?

Let me make it easy for you. If you as an Atheist can explain how the Bombadier Beetle is the way it is without a higher designer being involved then I will be an Atheist.

Let me give you a little about this beetle. You are free to embark on a 1 week research before responding.

[b]The bombardier beetle is a small insect that is armed with a shockingly impressive defense system. Whenever threatened by an enemy attack, this spirited little beetle blasts irritating and odious gases, which are at 212 degrees F. out from two tail pipes right into the unfortunate face of the would be aggressor.
"Dr. Wermann Schildknecht, a German chemist, studied the bombardier beetle to find out how he accomplishes this impressive chemical feat. He learned that the beetle makes his explosive by mixing together two very dangerous chemicals (hydroquinone and hydrogen peroxide). In addition to these two chemicals, this clever little beetle adds another type of chemical known as an inhibitor. The inhibitor prevents the chemicals from blowing up and enables the beetle to store the chemicals indefinitely.
"Whenever our beetle friend is approached by a predator, such as a frog, he squirts the stored chemicals into the two combustion tubes, and at precisely the right moment he adds another chemical (an antiinhibitor). This knocks out the inhibitor, and a violent explosion occurs right in the face of the poor attacker.
"Could such a marvelous and complex mechanism have evolved piecemeal over millions of years? The evolutionist is forced to respond with a somewhat sheepish "yes," but a brief consideration of this opinion will reveal its preposterous nature.
"According to evolutionary "thinking" there must have been thousands of generations of beetles improperly mixing these hazardous chemicals in fatal evolutionary experiments, blowing themselves to pieces. Eventually. we are assured, they arrived at the magic formula, but what about the development of the inhibitor? There is no need to evolve an inhibitor unless you already have the two chemicals you are trying to inhibit. On the other hand. if you already have the two chemicals without the inhibitor, it is already too late, for you have just blown yourself up. Obviously, such an arrangement would never arise apart from intelligent foresight and planning. Nevertheless, let us assume that our little beetle friend somehow managed to simultaneously develop the two chemicals along with the all important inhibitor. The resultant solution would offer no benefit at all to the beetle, for it would just sit there as a harmless concoction. To be of any value to the beetle, the antiinhibitor must he added to the solution. So, once again, for thousands of generations we are supposed to believe that these poor beetles mixed and stored these chemicals for no particular reason or advantage until finally, the anti inhibitor was perfected. Now he is really getting somewhere! With the antiinhibitor developed he can now blow himself to pieces, frustrating the efforts of the hungry predator who wants to eat him. Ah yes. he still needs to evolve the two combustion tubes, and a precision communications and timing network to control and adjust the critical direction and timing of the explosion. So, here we go again; for thousands of generations these carefree little beetles went around celebrating the 4th of July by blowing themselves to pieces until finally they mastered their new found powers.
"But what would be the motivation for such disastrous, trial and error, piecemeal evolution? Everything in evolution is supposed to make perfect sense and have a logical purpose, or else it would never develop. But such a process does not make any sense at all, and to propose that the entire defense system evolved all at once is astronomically improbable, if not impossible. Yet, nature abounds with countless such examples of perfect coordination. Thus, we can only conclude that the surprising little bombardier beetle is a strong witness for special creation, for there is no other rational explanation for such a wonder."[/b]
Re: Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me by theoneJabulani(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2016
4evergod2:

You want me to convince you about what you cannot see right?

Let me make it easy for you. If you as an Atheist can explain how the Bombadier Beetle is the way it is without a higher designer being involved then I will be an Atheist.

Let me give you a little about this beetle. You are free to embark on a 1 week research before responding.

[b]The bombardier beetle is a small insect that is armed with a shockingly impressive defense system. Whenever threatened by an enemy attack, this spirited little beetle blasts irritating and odious gases, which are at 212 degrees F. out from two tail pipes right into the unfortunate face of the would be aggressor.
"Dr. Wermann Schildknecht, a German chemist, studied the bombardier beetle to find out how he accomplishes this impressive chemical feat. He learned that the beetle makes his explosive by mixing together two very dangerous chemicals (hydroquinone and hydrogen peroxide). In addition to these two chemicals, this clever little beetle adds another type of chemical known as an inhibitor. The inhibitor prevents the chemicals from blowing up and enables the beetle to store the chemicals indefinitely.
"Whenever our beetle friend is approached by a predator, such as a frog, he squirts the stored chemicals into the two combustion tubes, and at precisely the right moment he adds another chemical (an antiinhibitor). This knocks out the inhibitor, and a violent explosion occurs right in the face of the poor attacker.
"Could such a marvelous and complex mechanism have evolved piecemeal over millions of years? The evolutionist is forced to respond with a somewhat sheepish "yes," but a brief consideration of this opinion will reveal its preposterous nature.
"According to evolutionary "thinking" there must have been thousands of generations of beetles improperly mixing these hazardous chemicals in fatal evolutionary experiments, blowing themselves to pieces. Eventually. we are assured, they arrived at the magic formula, but what about the development of the inhibitor? There is no need to evolve an inhibitor unless you already have the two chemicals you are trying to inhibit. On the other hand. if you already have the two chemicals without the inhibitor, it is already too late, for you have just blown yourself up. Obviously, such an arrangement would never arise apart from intelligent foresight and planning. Nevertheless, let us assume that our little beetle friend somehow managed to simultaneously develop the two chemicals along with the all important inhibitor. The resultant solution would offer no benefit at all to the beetle, for it would just sit there as a harmless concoction. To be of any value to the beetle, the antiinhibitor must he added to the solution. So, once again, for thousands of generations we are supposed to believe that these poor beetles mixed and stored these chemicals for no particular reason or advantage until finally, the anti inhibitor was perfected. Now he is really getting somewhere! With the antiinhibitor developed he can now blow himself to pieces, frustrating the efforts of the hungry predator who wants to eat him. Ah yes. he still needs to evolve the two combustion tubes, and a precision communications and timing network to control and adjust the critical direction and timing of the explosion. So, here we go again; for thousands of generations these carefree little beetles went around celebrating the 4th of July by blowing themselves to pieces until finally they mastered their new found powers.
"But what would be the motivation for such disastrous, trial and error, piecemeal evolution? Everything in evolution is supposed to make perfect sense and have a logical purpose, or else it would never develop. But such a process does not make any sense at all, and to propose that the entire defense system evolved all at once is astronomically improbable, if not impossible. Yet, nature abounds with countless such examples of perfect coordination. Thus, we can only conclude that the surprising little bombardier beetle is a strong witness for special creation, for there is no other rational explanation for such a wonder."[/b]
anyone anyone anyone anyone arguing arguing with you is wasting his precious time

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Really Command The Apostles To Preach To The Gentiles? / What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. / I Was Sent Out Of The Church And Banned From Attending It Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.