Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist (2038 Views)

Lecturers Who Are Not Doctors ‘should No Longer’ Teach Medical Students / ABU Medical School Graduating Doctors - Breathtaking Pictures / Two Sisters Graduate As Medical Doctors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Abraham4christ(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please this question was asked as an assignment.please i need urgent help.
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Barney11: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2016
the Doc prescribes while pharma dishes out the dosage and the drugs!
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Abraham4christ(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
Barney11:

Thank u very much sir but i still need enough info.
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Abraham4christ(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
Barney11:

Thank u very much sir bt i still need enough info.
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Likei(m): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
Doctor be that man wey dey treat people for hospital. Pharmacist be that man wey get chemist for junction.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by youngRx(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
well that question is a very broad one. but will try to answer to the best of my knowledge...from a pharmacist's point of view
well simply put, a Doctor is someone trained in the art of diagonosing illnesses and the prescription of appropriate medications fo. such illnesses, including the conduction of surgery where needed. the serios doctors can tell u more ...not dose medical school dtopouts making useless comments above.

however, a PHARMACIST is a professional that is well trained in the art of:
* drug manufacturing and compounding

*reviewing a doctor's prescription for possible errors and drug-drug interactions dat may be fatal to the patient, and then taking approprite actions when such are discovered. (only God knows how many patients would have died from wrong prescriptions and drug-drug interactions but for the timely intervention of pharmacists...only God and the Pharmacists knw.)

*managing health comodities, their storage , preservation etc. and makin sure that they are readily available for the patient's use. (of what use is a prescription to the patient when the drugs are not available??)

* helping patients manage their medication costs (pharmacoeconomics) especialy for those with long term disease conditions. (if only u knew how expensive drugs can be you will apreciate this more)

other roles include:

* providing information about medications to patients, their adverse effects and also ensuring patients' compliance with medications. (a good number of patients do not comply with their medication regime leading to wastage and resistance in some cases)

* prescription roles in some countries of the world but not yet in nigeria.

infact the pharmacist is all about drugs...ANYTHING about drugs involves the pharmacist.

dts my little contribution.
those with more info can help. take care

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Abraham4christ(m): 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
[quote author=youngRx post=47369434]well that question is a very broad one. but will try to answer to the best of my knowledge...from a pharmacist's point of view
well simply put, a Doctor is someone trained in the art of diagonosing illnesses and the prescription of appropriate medications fo. such illnesses, including the conduction of surgery where needed. the serios doctors can tell u more ...not dose medical school dtopouts making useless comments above.

however, a PHARMACIST is a professional that is well trained in the art of:
* drug manufacturing and compounding

*reviewing a doctor's prescription for possible errors and drug-drug interactions dat may be fatal to the patient, and then taking approprite actions when such are discovered. (only God knows how many patients would have died from wrong prescriptions and drug-drug interactions but for the timely intervention of pharmacists...only God and the Pharmacists knw.)

Thank u very much sir,am grateful.
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
A pharmacist has to fucking cram a million drug names and their uses.....

A doctor just has to carve up a cadaver into bits and display them in front of a boring old bastard....

Both are miserable angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by DucheSsMerezz(f): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Google shud give you detailed answers.
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Abraham4christ(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
ok
Re: What Is The Different Between Doctors And Pharmacist by Abraham4christ(m): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
Na wa...i don ask google,but their respond is nt a lay man own,and my teacher go sabi i bin copy am from Google.

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Best Waec Result So Far? / ASUU Strike Can’t Be Called Off Anytime Soon” – President, ASUU. / UNIJOS 2017/2018 Merit List Out | How To Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.