Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year (795 Views)

Who Has Used Any Nigeria Site Hosting Company? What's Your Experience? / How Much Do You Charge A Client? / Pay For Facebook Ads In Naira (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by odafe94(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hello Web developers.. I learnt Web Development just to develop my personal websites.. But am developing one for a client and I don't know how to tell him he has to pay for hosting every year or every month.... I don't really like free hosting providers.. I've heard they aren't reliable... Your suggestions are highly appreciated
Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by yomalex(m): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
You simply TELL him Domain & Hosting renewable every year

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by odafe94(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
yomalex:
You simply TELL him Domain & Hosting renewable every year
Thanks for your suggestion.. I Haven't really developed for a client before... Have u?? And how did they react wen u told them they have to pay every year??
Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by talk2hb1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
odafe94:
Hello Web developers.. I learnt Web Development just to develop my personal websites.. But am developing one for a client and I don't know how to tell him he has to pay for hosting every year or every month.... I don't really like free hosting providers.. I've heard they aren't reliable... Your suggestions are highly appreciated
All you have to do is tell your client that he/she will incure an annual recurent fee, for domain name and hosting. And if the clients refuses, then the site is of no use to him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by yomalex(m): 1:24am On Jul 10, 2016
odafe94:

Thanks for your suggestion.. I Haven't really developed for a client before... Have u?? And how did they react wen u told them they have to pay every year??
Yes I do. There is no beating around the bush tell them that's the way it is else theirsite goes offline.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by odafe94(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks yomalex and talk2hb1 u guys were very helpful... Indeed there is no beating around the Bush... Thanks guys
Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by bigl: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Another thing is to build the hosting cost into your web design services!

Build like 3years hosting into it and let them know domain name and webhosting is 10k per year, if u pay 3years, it's 25k (5k discount)!

Make sure your bill for the design job is spelt out apart from the hosting fee!

That will save you a whole lot of stress!

Meanwhile, the 3years hosting thing will also help your client to rest for a long while before thinking of paying for hosting!

Having to chase them every year might seem somehow!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by odafe94(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
bigl:
Another thing is to build the hosting cost into your web design services!

Build like 3years hosting into it and let them know domain name and webhosting is 10k per year, if u pay 3years, it's 25k (5k discount)!

Make sure your bill for the design job is spelt out apart from the hosting fee!

That will save you a whole lot of stress!

Meanwhile, the 3years hosting thing will also help your client to rest for a long while before thinking of paying for hosting!

Having to chase them every year might seem somehow!
Wow! Haven't really thought of that... Thanks bro.. That's a superb idea...
Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by Puresolutions: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
Another alternative sit down with them and let them do the domain registration themselves shikena

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by bedfordng(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
odafe94:
before creating the site for them, you will have to tell them about the annual fee. Some of them might pay for more than one year up front. So always educate your clients about the annual fee
Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by odafe94(m): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
bedfordng:
before creating the site for them, you will have to tell them about the annual fee. Some of them might pay for more than one year up front. So always educate your clients about the annual fee
Thanks sir
Re: How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year by bellomaimaje01: 1:29am On Dec 19, 2016
NameCheap is the best, and reliable. https://www.namecheap.com/?aff=107717

(1) (Reply)

Domain Auctions / Please I Need Explanation For This Hosting / Namecheap Frustrating Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.